Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Eyes do feel like that after surgery Bonnie. It is difficult to abide by that don't rub edict. But they do heal very, very quickly. If you can just go to bed this evening and let it rest. It will feel better tomorrow. ☺️

My wife was in a lot of pain after her eye surgery but she was fine the next day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, the turnout at my polling place was incredible. I've never seen a line so long, even in some of the more hotly contested Presidential elections. Granted, I went earlier today than usual - 5 pm rather than 7 pm (polls close at 9 pm) so maybe it's typical of that time frame.  Usually there is little to no line, today I waited 45 minutes. Same polling place, same amount of workers.

Everything was ground level so no access issues. But due to the long line, poll workers were encouraging the elderly, the handicapped and people with babies in tow to head right to the front of the line.  Nobody grumbled about it which amazed me, as there is always that one person!

• Like 10

I thought vote by mail was kind of a cop-out when they first proposed it. We have always voted in person and chatted with neighbors. But it is awesome and so convenient. As I said previously, we don't mail them, but just drop them off in official ballot boxes. 

And you have a choice, vote in person, vote by mail (postage paid) or drop off at box. I didn't realize what we were missing. We have voted absentee before when we were away before. But this is so convenient. CA program, Ballot Trax, lets us know when our ballots have been received and recorded. 😃

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wow, the turnout at my polling place was incredible. I've never seen a line so long, even in some of the more hotly contested Presidential elections. Granted, I went earlier today than usual - 5 pm rather than 7 pm (polls close at 9 pm) so maybe it's typical of that time frame.  Usually there is little to no line, today I waited 45 minutes. Same polling place, same amount of workers.

Everything was ground level so no access issues. But due to the long line, poll workers were encouraging the elderly, the handicapped and people with babies in tow to head right to the front of the line.  Nobody grumbled about it which amazed me, as there is always that one person!

Every place that I have ever voted at is at ground level as there are federal laws that must be followed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Enjoy your cruise tomorrow, Vikki and Ken.  Bon Voyage!  We loved the Allure!

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@OurusualbeachBon Voyage Ken and Viki!!

@DaniDanielle Hugs to you all 😥

Good thing Vikki doesn't read cc.  This would bring tears to her eyes as she is at home working.  My daughter Sarah is along for the ride.  Vikki is a teacher and would never get 4 days off approved.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 11

27 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I thought vote by mail was kind of a cop-out when they first proposed it. We have always voted in person and chatted with neighbors. But it is awesome and so convenient. As I said previously, we don't mail them, but just drop them off in official ballot boxes. 

And you have a choice, vote in person, vote by mail (postage paid) or drop off at box. I didn't realize what we were missing. We have voted absentee before when we were away before. But this is so convenient. CA program, Ballot Trax, lets us know when our ballots have been received and recorded. 😃

We have early voting for two weeks prior to the election, so we voted last week.  We could have also voted by mail or done an absentee ballot.  In NH where my Mom is, they do not have early voting but she got an absentee ballot and voted a few weeks ago.  Much easier for her to do that instead of taking her with her walker.  I did offer to take her to vote in person if she wanted but she chose absentee.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching BD Adventure tonight?

Recording to watch on Friday night. After watching the first episode looks like there will be a lot of tension between the two stews and a couple of the deckhands who have attitudes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our last name is Houston

Too bad not enough time to see NASA there in houston. 

I love to spend the day in Galveston on the beach.

Though I stayed last dec in houston by hobby with from sea to shining sea and her hubby and we went to a fabulous mexican place with huge plates of food we all enjoyed.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Recording to watch on Friday night. After watching the first episode looks like there will be a lot of tension between the two stews and a couple of the deckhands who have attitudes.

I recorded it but did watch about 15 mins of the show.  Definitely will be some drama with this crew.

I loved seeing some of Norway and look forward to more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I recorded it but did watch about 15 mins of the show.  Definitely will be some drama with this crew.

I started to watch the show but I was just too tired to stay up. I'll catch it next week I guess. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Too bad not enough time to see NASA there in houston. 

I love to spend the day in Galveston on the beach.

Though I stayed last dec in houston by hobby with from sea to shining sea and her hubby and we went to a fabulous mexican place with huge plates of food we all enjoyed.

When we lived in Texas we were close enough to Galveston to drive in the day of the cruise.  We would go a day or two before though so we could see NASA, have a beach day, walk around the Strand and enjoy Gaidos and other restaurants.  We would stay at Harbor House.  They are close enough to walk to the ship, the Strand, Starbucks and have parking during the cruise.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Keksie said:

When we lived in Texas we were close enough to Galveston to drive in the day of the cruise.  We would go a day or two before though so we could see NASA, have a beach day, walk around the Strand and enjoy Gaidos and other restaurants.  We would stay at Harbor House.  They are close enough to walk to the ship, the Strand, Starbucks and have parking during the cruise.  

We need to drive one of these years so far we have always taken the plane even though it’s a 5 hour drive , I would like to see NASA. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Not sure which county you're in @Coralc, but our company has made quite a few ballot drop boxes...I think we have about 250 in somewhere between 15 and 20 counties throughout California.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:
19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I know I did something wrong since Maryann's post got deleted but I can respond anyway.

Cataract surgery went very well as so many have told me.  However, now at home, I can hardly see out of that eye, it's slightly painful and feels like I have something in my eye like an eyelash.  I took tylenol and as soon as I finish this post, I'll rest my eyes. Now I know what to expect when I have the other eye done.  I'm glad I have a dr. appointment tomorrow.  He jotted down his cell # which I appreciate, just in case....................

I hope you’re feeling better today Bonnie. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I started to watch the show but I was just too tired to stay up. I'll catch it next week I guess. 

Remind me again what network these shows are on? 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Last night's show will be replayed right before the new one next week, so you can get it then.  You didn't miss too much anyway.  Not sure about this crew, they need to get their act together.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1