Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks Greg.  Realized that Kraken Colada may have to wait due to Texas liquor laws. 

Oh I forgot about that stupid law. 25 nautical miles and you are good to go.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well this is a lousy cruise souvenir.

A7EF555E-2419-4E7A-9D91-5DE9DC4580CE.thumb.jpeg.cfef2b758b95d8a74a007c561515a625.jpeg

I just feel like I have a miserable head cold. Originally thought it was just allergy type symptoms from all the leaves & leaf blowing.  My Dr sent in a prescription for Paxlovid, since I’m “age eligible” LOL.  Andy feels fine and tested negative.  I guess it’s a good thing I still have lots of laundry to do, a book to finish and of course this thread to keep me entertained.  

So sorry. I have had a cold for the last two days maybe I should test.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@Ocean Boy

Great view.  No purple monster. 

20221109_124802.jpg

So what do you think of boarding in the new terminal. I was in bed sick for 3 weeks and just finally better and worried how far you have to walk to board allure and how easy it is to find where ro check luggage. I've been watching for you to post about the new terminal and how far you have to walk. I'm still getting my strength back and worried.  Got a new suitcase weighs nothing. 

Any details appreciated.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good news.  They paid duty on Kraken and lots of others.  

Mimosa

Pain Killer

Kraken Colada

Killer lunch and we've only been on board an hour and a half. 20221109_122820.thumb.jpg.363a3b972ebb5bfe7b13408db9ca1bc1.jpg

20221109_115104.thumb.jpg.a2d34feb853e2d99710886b847691067.jpg

20221109_114008.thumb.jpg.d8919fbf8237308431eb098b35bb3869.jpg

Cool I have done several rccl out of Galveston and in past they only had the bare minimum, we sail next November on harmony out of Galveston.

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mimosa

Pain Killer

Kraken Colada

Killer lunch and we've only been on board an hour and a half. 20221109_122820.thumb.jpg.363a3b972ebb5bfe7b13408db9ca1bc1.jpg

I was going to say in 2006 when we took about 500 people on a company / customer cruise out of Galveston, a few of my customers were completely blitzed before sailaway.  

JC

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That isn't a fun souvenir!  Feel better and stay hydrated.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That sucks.  Hope symptoms stay mild. 

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Momof3gurlz

+ 1, Deb, it seems inevitable nowadays... 🤞 you'll experience just a very mild "version", without any "after effects" 😘

@Momof3gurlz

Sorry to hear this.  Feel better!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So what do you think of boarding in the new terminal. I was in bed sick for 3 weeks and just finally better and worried how far you have to walk to board allure and how easy it is to find where ro check luggage. I've been watching for you to post about the new terminal and how far you have to walk. I'm still getting my strength back and worried.  Got a new suitcase weighs nothing. 

Any details appreciated.

Pretty easy.  Like Miami.  We arrived on s shuttle do we had a bit further to walk but it looked like uou bould be dropped off close to the doors. They were actually taking luggage right where we were dropped off.  Didn't seem far at all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well this is a lousy cruise souvenir.

A7EF555E-2419-4E7A-9D91-5DE9DC4580CE.thumb.jpeg.cfef2b758b95d8a74a007c561515a625.jpeg

I just feel like I have a miserable head cold. Originally thought it was just allergy type symptoms from all the leaves & leaf blowing.  My Dr sent in a prescription for Paxlovid, since I’m “age eligible” LOL.  Andy feels fine and tested negative.  I guess it’s a good thing I still have lots of laundry to do, a book to finish and of course this thread to keep me entertained.  

Who would think a cruise turns out to be  one of those gifts that keeps on giving.  😞    Hope you feel better real soon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Mimosa

Pain Killer

Kraken Colada

That great! Boy they went all out to stock the bar for you guys. I wish all the bars looked like that.

• Like 1

Another beautiful day on our holiday.  After a lovely early morning walk where I saw so many kangaroos (and deer), I am sitting at the kitchen table watching a Kangaroo mum & her Joey munching grass.  Every 5 mins or so, the Joey would sprint off from mum, do a fast loop of the bush and return.  I watched this three times and then the penny dropped and I laughed, clearly baby Kangaroos get the zoomies too.

Saw lots of mums and joeys on my walk.

BBB34A52-97A1-48B9-B878-FFF57C19F827.thumb.jpeg.daa2037e1206ab50c5b3a6ae868a11f9.jpeg

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks @Momof3gurlz to give me the idea to take a COVID test for my cold symptoms. Looks like the KC Whiskey Expo Saturday was a super spreader event. I just tested positive. First time in 3 years that I got COVID.

Oh no Greg!  Take care of yourself as well!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Another beautiful day on our holiday.  After a lovely early morning walk where I saw so many kangaroos (and deer), I am sitting at the kitchen table watching a Kangaroo mum & her Joey munching grass.  Every 5 mins or so, the Joey would sprint off from mum, do a fast loop of the bush and return.  I watched this three times and then the penny dropped and I laughed, clearly baby Kangaroos get the zoomies too.

Saw lots of mums and joeys on my walk.

BBB34A52-97A1-48B9-B878-FFF57C19F827.thumb.jpeg.daa2037e1206ab50c5b3a6ae868a11f9.jpeg

Are Kangaroo's protected or can you hunt them?

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@bobmacliberty Are you in one of the two evacuation zones?

No.  We're in zone B.  The evacuation zones are A and D, which are right on the coasts and more susceptible to flooding.  Sounds like you might already know this, but here is the zone map for Nassau County if you want to check your new house location.  There's a more detailed map on the Property Appraisers web site.  Evacuation is for possible storm surge and flooding more so than wind.  Possible 3-5 feet of surge.  We're a half mile from the coast and are a few feet more elevated.  This is still fairly new for us, but I know many people who live at the southern end of the island in zone A and none have evacuated.  I don't think Floridians get nervous until at least category 2...maybe 3.  Nicole is still predicted to be a TS near us.

Those who live along the southeast coast of Florid (I think there are a few people here...maybe @molly361 Ellen?) where the storm is forecasted to make land probably have more to worry about.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks @Momof3gurlz to give me the idea to take a COVID test for my cold symptoms. Looks like the KC Whiskey Expo Saturday was a super spreader event. I just tested positive. First time in 3 years that I got COVID.

Well at least now you have natural immunity which is the best.  I've had Covid 3 times.  Each iteration was less severe.  

I like the response from the Amish Elder when asked why covid didn't hurt the Amish community like other areas.  

"We don't have TV or computers" 🙂 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Shoot.  I was hoping that I could use whiskey as a Covid vaccine. 😁

Hope that you only have mild conditions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1