Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

So what do you think of boarding in the new terminal. I was in bed sick for 3 weeks and just finally better and worried how far you have to walk to board allure and how easy it is to find where ro check luggage. I've been watching for you to post about the new terminal and how far you have to walk. I'm still getting my strength back and worried.  Got a new suitcase weighs nothing. 

Any details appreciated.

Glad to hear you are feeling better😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How many times to you need boosters to have protection?

No idea, but I think it's silly every time someone catches Covid they say that's it's  great now I have immunity but yet you hear people getting Covid 2 and 3 and 4 times...........So what is it?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No idea, but I think it's silly every time someone catches Covid they say that's it's  great now I have immunity but yet you hear people getting Covid 2 and 3 and 4 times...........So what is it?

I think it is kind of like colds, you don't catch the same one over and over again. :classic_rolleyes: There are always new ones. Knock on wood, we still haven't had it...that we know of. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks @Momof3gurlz to give me the idea to take a COVID test for my cold symptoms. Looks like the KC Whiskey Expo Saturday was a super spreader event. I just tested positive. First time in 3 years that I got COVID.

You would have thought all that alcohol would kill all germs😁

Hope you feel better soon.  Drink lots of fluid, water...not alcohol...and get lots of rest.

I hope Linda stays well.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am following posts on FB for the community my Mom's house in Florida is in.  There is already a sailboat into their pier.  She is up in NH but her Florida home is in Sebastian.

May be an image of ocean

May be an image of 1 person and body of water

That's a shame, hopefully it won't have too much damage.  Or maybe the owner is hoping for a new boat from insurance company.😇

44 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I know all the good people on this thread will appreciate a happy ending to what could have been a tragedy.

MS Rotterdam just rescued 14 people in a makeshift raft off the coast of Cuba. 
All souls accounted for per report from pax onboard. 
Well done to the crew and all involved.❤️

With TS turned Hurricane Nicole, it would've surely been a tragedy.  Thank God they were saved.🙏

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You would have thought all that alcohol would kill all germs😁

Hope you feel better soon.  Drink lots of fluid, water...not alcohol...and get lots of rest.

I hope Linda stays well.

I've been waiting for you to suggest drinking lots of fluid and water, Debbie😉  Great advice, as always!🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Not such thing as "house inspection" here... No "closing" with a fixed date.

Lawyers on both sides draw a preliminary draft, and it's a lot of back and forth until an agreement is reached.

Years and years until you get a deed in your name... Took us 15 years for the flat we're living in now...

Do you have Appraisers to determine the property value?    We do.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

And I'll still get to meet @Ozark_Kid and do a combined live thread on one of those sailings (heck if I can remember which one, though.... Jan 22?).

Yes, January 22.  And I am glad to see your in on doing a combined live thread.   After just doing one on Allure, I probably would not do another on my own.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, the purchase of the “new” (only 6 years old versus 150) house went…it was on the market for only one day when I luckily spotted it and we were already scheduled to visit the area.  I loved it (had already looked at two that definitely would not do…whoever said a picture doesn’t lie hasn’t looked at real estate listings…) and we made an offer lower than the listed price that evening.  

Seller countered with our paying some of the closing costs (customarily the seller pays all the closing costs), a slightly higher figure and threw in some extra appliances.  I counter-countered with the seller paying all the closing costs and a slightly higher figure…didn’t want/need the appliances.  Seller accepted.  The market has changed somewhat from the crazy days during covid when people were offering more than listing price.

Seller’s agent evidently convinced him that although the house had just hit the market…he might not get asking price…and ours was a cash offer…no need to wonder/wait for financing.  I would have paid asking price (but of course didn’t tell his agent or mine) but of course was happy to save $$$!  

Now as to selling our current home…I’ll have to let you know as it goes.  I like our agent very much.  He had a photographer make a video and stills that make the house look so beautiful I feel like I’m crazy for selling it!!  But the house was never inferior in any way…I just want to downsize and move to a town with more amenities.  Agent and I decided on a listing price that isn’t at the top of the spectrum as I would like to sell hopefully in a few months.  I don’t want to worry about it sitting empty while I’m in another state.

Selling a house here is generally going to be to a buyer who is moving here.  We have lots of retirees and people moving from California of all places!

I’ve got measurements of the new house and decided what pieces from here will go…and what will be left behind to sell.  Of necessity a lot will be left as the new house is much smaller than our current 5200 square feet.

If you have anymore questions, just ask!

I have one correction to make.  I have worked in real estate/mortgage business since early 90s.   Majority of sales the buyer is responsible for certain closing costs such as Title search, title insurance, their closing agent or attorney fee, county recording fees and a portion of the transfer taxes.   If getting a mortgage then add more fees for buyers side of the transaction. 

Some States handle certain fees a little different but nowadays it is rare for a seller to pay All buyers closing costs so you did get a good deal in your negotiations with seller of your new home.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is an interesting thing to make! Much appreciated. We are in Alameda County. There are at least 3 official ballot drop boxes within 15 minutes of where I live. My decision on which one to use is based on the ease of nearby parking. 😊

We started making them in 2010 and haven't stopped, about 1000 and counting nationwide (mostly out west).

We pretty much have Alameda surrounded, but nothing there. We've got them in Sonoma, San Mateo, Yolo, Stanislaus, Solano....and a few others pretty close.

77294050-62A5-4688-B232-29F31D5D0A51.jpeg.c680602016b83cf32e3df42b87088287.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 1:17 PM, singinalot said:

we walked past the finish line on Saturday as we strolled through Central Park. I must say I got chills. The energy there was crazy and it wasn’t even race day yet.

4308DB30-9D2A-4708-AEF2-2CDF95A29093.thumb.jpeg.251fb1e235e172b0fe5e75a025271672.jpeg

Any more pictures of your trip to NYC..............I see you got back in time for some heavy rains tonight. Be interesting how the docked boats across the street handle this storm.

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, January 22.  And I am glad to see your in on doing a combined live thread.   After just doing one on Allure, I probably would not do another on my own.  

I just don't do anything exciting enough to warrant a Live of my own... will be interesting to see what two totally different people do each day on the same exact cruise all in the same thread.  

Are you in the Social Media roll call group for that cruise?  

Do you have plans in Roatan?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

tonsssss of pictures. The weather was incredible. I just haven’t decided yet whether to do a report in the New York forum or just post on my

blog.

Tomorrow should be interesting. It was quite windy here today and temps dropped. 

You certainly picked a great time to visit the City.  Glad you had a wonderful time while there!  Hope all will be well with hurricane Nicole.🙏

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well this is a lousy cruise souvenir.

A7EF555E-2419-4E7A-9D91-5DE9DC4580CE.thumb.jpeg.cfef2b758b95d8a74a007c561515a625.jpeg

I just feel like I have a miserable head cold. Originally thought it was just allergy type symptoms from all the leaves & leaf blowing.  My Dr sent in a prescription for Paxlovid, since I’m “age eligible” LOL.  Andy feels fine and tested negative.  I guess it’s a good thing I still have lots of laundry to do, a book to finish and of course this thread to keep me entertained.  

Oh no. Get well soon Deb. 

Did you test because you had symptoms or just routinely testing after cruise/travel?

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

That sounds like an ideal setup!

I'm a little bummed, my DS and his GF were supposed to go B2B with me on Allure in January, but they decided to do the financially responsible thing and save their money.  While I'm proud of him for making a smart money move, I'm disappointed to not be sailing with him. 

We haven't cruised together since he went into the Army in 2018, and this was going to be his big celebration after completing his contract and getting out of the Army.  He loves cruising almost as much as I do.   Oh well, I've got the rest of his life to cruise with him!  And I'll still get to meet @Ozark_Kid and do a combined live thread on one of those sailings (heck if I can remember which one, though.... Jan 22?).

If he loves cruising as much as you do, I see you cruising together again in the future and I look forward to your combined live with ozardkid.  Should be a fun read!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

If he loves cruising as much as you do, I see you cruising together again in the future and I look forward to your combined live with ozardkid.  Should be a fun read!

I'm enjoying your pics with your kids and the various critters you've encountered!  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Are you in the Social Media roll call group for that cruise?  

Do you have plans in Roatan?

If you are talking about the CC roll call I think I made maybe two replies.  It not very active.   I don't do other Social Media stuff.

We really haven't planned much yet. Just a few days ago we booked flights and hotel.  We always do Nachi Cocom at Cozumel. Prices are higher on the UDP so may just do 3 Specialty Restaurants. 

Sharon's DB stayed at Roatan for a month so may ask him for some recommendations.   

Do you have plans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I think it is kind of like colds, you don't catch the same one over and over again. :classic_rolleyes: There are always new ones. Knock on wood, we still haven't had it...that we know of. 

Yep.  The media is warning of a new sub variant that is currently circulating here…perfect timing…just before DD and I go on a 7 day cruise.  I managed to dodge the bullet on my recent 3 day cruise but the likelihood of me getting Covid on the next one is high…at least I will have time to recover before Christmas Day.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I still want that wombat in the snow photo. He sells a similar one on his website, but last time I looked his prints were priced in some form of cryptocurrency, which I don't understand. 

Is there an email

address you can contact him on?

Sorry, DH did the ordering of it so I don’t know the specifics.  A smaller framed print is $1600aud  by the same photographer- Charles Davis - in the visitors centre here in Jindabyne.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you are talking about the CC roll call I think I made maybe two replies.  It not very active.   I don't do other Social Media stuff.

We really haven't planned much yet. Just a few days ago we booked flights and hotel.  We always do Nachi Cocom at Cozumel. Prices are higher on the UDP so may just do 3 Specialty Restaurants. 

Sharon's DB stayed at Roatan for a month so may ask him for some recommendations.   

Do you have plans?

I have a guy I use in Roatan for transportation to the beach for snorkeling.  He does other types of excursions, too, if you are interested.

I'm planning on Maya Chan in Costa Maya.  Always love going there!

Cozumel is one of those places I've been to so many times, sometimes (like today) I don't even get off the ship.  I've been thinking of trying Nachi and Santos so that I have a comparison to Paradise Beach Club, Chankanaab Park, and Money Bar Beach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

We started making them in 2010 and haven't stopped, about 1000 and counting nationwide (mostly out west).

We pretty much have Alameda surrounded, but nothing there. We've got them in Sonoma, San Mateo, Yolo, Stanislaus, Solano....and a few others pretty close.

77294050-62A5-4688-B232-29F31D5D0A51.jpeg.c680602016b83cf32e3df42b87088287.jpeg

Yours are pretty! Ours are kind of plain. I should have remembered (and will try next time) to take a photo of it. Thanks. That is fascinating. 😊We're #1 (which is kind of a joke) in the alphabetical list of 58 California counties. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Is there an email

address you can contact him on?

Sorry, DH did the ordering of it so I don’t know the specifics.  A smaller framed print is $1600aud  by the same photographer- Charles Davis - in the visitors centre here in Jindabyne.

Thanks. Yes, probably, if I was highly motivated. That gives me an actual price estimate. I like your photo better than the one he was showing on his website. Good idea. 😊 I will have to think about it, because there will be shipping and insurance too. The crypto thing just sort of threw me off.

• Like 2