Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Everyone here in California gets a vote by mail ballot. ☺️

I'm pretty sure the only way to vote by mail in New York is to request an absentee ballot.  And you have to have a valid absentee excuse such as being away on vacation, home bound, in a hospital or jail (for a non-felony crime). However, I'm sure all that's a formality as every time I traveled over election day and requested an absentee ballot, I was never asked for proof that I was traveling. 🤷‍♂️

We also have 1 week of early voting. Between those 2 methods and the fact that polls are open from 6 am - 9 pm,  I still find it hard to believe that some people "can't find the time" to vote.

One day there will be a Tinder-like app for voting on your phone, just swipe right to vote. 😜

• Like 6

At our voting center there is posted  a sign that if you need assistance and have difficulty with mobility, one of the poll workers will come to your car, provide you with a ballot, pen and clipboard to fill out in your car, then turn it in to be processed.

Only one problem.

No number listed to call the poll center to request this service.

So

You must have to ask another voter to let them know inside you need assistance, and they notify the workers inside.

Tonight Survivor, then Amazing race.

Lately this is only one of the 2 nights I watch TV.

The other night we watch our pre-recorded American Horror Story.

Take care

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 6

Well this is a lousy cruise souvenir.

A7EF555E-2419-4E7A-9D91-5DE9DC4580CE.thumb.jpeg.cfef2b758b95d8a74a007c561515a625.jpeg

I just feel like I have a miserable head cold. Originally thought it was just allergy type symptoms from all the leaves & leaf blowing.  My Dr sent in a prescription for Paxlovid, since I’m “age eligible” LOL.  Andy feels fine and tested negative.  I guess it’s a good thing I still have lots of laundry to do, a book to finish and of course this thread to keep me entertained.  

• Like 25

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Why do I get the idea that's the central theme to all of the Below Deck shows? 😃

Most crews have some strong, competent people and then the drama children.  This crew doesn't even seem to have strong leaders at this point.  The bosun is too laid back and the chief steward hasn't shown she can lead as of yet.  The two other stews have worked together in the past and have history.  One of them has a large social media presence and refers to the facts that aren't known.  Deck crew is already having issues and the preview for next week shows more is coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

A7EF555E-2419-4E7A-9D91-5DE9DC4580CE.thumb.jpeg.cfef2b758b95d8a74a007c561515a625.jpeg

I just feel like I have a miserable head cold. Originally thought it was just allergy type symptoms from all the leaves & leaf blowing.  My Dr sent in a prescription for Paxlovid, since I’m “age eligible” LOL.  Andy feels fine and tested negative.  I guess it’s a good thing I still have lots of laundry to do, a book to finish and of course this thread to keep me entertained.  

That isn't a fun souvenir!  Feel better and stay hydrated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I started to watch the show but I was just too tired to stay up. I'll catch it next week I guess. 

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Last night's show will be replayed right before the new one next week, so you can get it then.  You didn't miss too much anyway.  Not sure about this crew, they need to get their act together.  

You can also stream it any time on Peacock.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That sucks.  Hope symptoms stay mild. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, DaniDanielle said:

I was in 2 Broadway, such fun times!

okay, dryer is fixed, 130.00, new rollers.  He said dryer was In good shape otherwise, didn’t push for a new one as he said they are all garbage now🥴. Couldn’t believe he showed up at 8:45!!!! And he cleaned out the dryer vent and tubing, so relieved.  Now poor Charlie is off to the de twist for emergency work, it never ends.  At least I can do laundry😃

Dryer just fixed here too. The bearings in the shaft that the drum rotates around were worn. For $110 it was an easy fix and no new dryer needed.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Ugh, not the souvenir you want but seems almost inevitable these days.  Hopefully stays mild.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sorry to hear this Deb.   Hopefully Andy will remain negative.    When I tested positive I thought, Oh great I will be home for 5 days quarantining and can get a bunch of stuff done.   I barely did anything, I would put on a show on netflix to catch and would be asleep 5 minutes later.    Rest up and drink plenty of fluids.   I hope you feel better soon😃

If you didn't watch this video yesterday when I posted, you may now appreciate it:

• Like 1