Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think I have been living under a rock.  Reading the comments about Nicole coming soon, I was trying to think of who's kid is having a girl soon.  DUH, the hurricane!  Carry on lol 😱😇

Well now we know where that missing bottle of Kraken went to!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I just wanted to add to the whole smashing the wedding cake into your spouses face conversation, neither my wife nor I did such a thing at our wedding despite the urging of my friends, her friends and the DJ urging the rest of the crowd to join in on urging us.  I'd like to say it was a respect thing but if you knew us, we just didn't want to waste a piece of cake. 😄😄

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

I have been playing daytime batchelor..  our DD started back to work so Sharon is babysitting at their house.  It gives me an opportunity to do a little experimenting with lunch.  Today, while the bread was toasting,  I sauteed a chopped up Jalapeño pepper and garlic in olive oil.  Then I fried an egg and melted sharp cheddar cheese over it.  Also lightly sprinkled brisket mix on the egg.  I put some Duke's mayonnaise on the toast, sliced tomatoes bacon and the fried eggs, Jalapeños and garlic. 

image.thumb.png.7f26fe3f2d734f9aa4406cb5f162add4.png

• Like 16

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Probably for a large slow cooker.

Serves 8

1 store-bought rotisserie chicken

1 cup diced onion

1 cup diced celery

1 cup diced carrots

8 small mushrooms, cut into eighths

3 14-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth

3 10.75-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup

Salt and pepper to taste

2 cups egg noodles, cooked

(or rotini pasta, rice or farro)

1. Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat from the bone. Place the chicken in a slow cooker along with the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms.

2. Stir in broth and cream of chicken soup. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 8 to 9 hours.

3. Stir in cooked pasta, if desired. Adjust seasonings and serve.

Optional: Stir in 2 teaspoons fines herbes (a blend of chervil, chives, parsley and tarragon).

— Food Network, contributed by Ro Taylor

BUT. I have modified it, because we pretty much only use our little 1.5-quart slow cooker because there are only two of us, and I like less creamy soup. And I don't like cooked carrots or mushrooms.

1/4 cup thinly sliced, chopped celery

1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I use boiler onions because they are little)

a little less than 1/2 cup diced rotisserie chicken (frozen leftover from another meal)

1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken w/herbs

I box low sodium chicken broth

Add all ingredients and cook as above. When adding the broth to the cooker leave about 3/4 of an inch head space for the noodles.

After much experimentation, I have found that Udon Noodles are the most similar to Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, when cooked and added. For us, it makes about 2 meals/4 servings.

We are having it tonight with a fresh baked loaf of Kingsford Bread. It is kind of plain, but easy. With the exception of the celery, I can make it with things I have in the pantry and freezer.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m so far behind here after cruising last week that I won’t even bother to catch up.  Apologies if I missed any milestones or important news.  

I wasn't on a cruise but still have not been able to keep up. I have scrolled by so many posts lately. No idea what I have missed.

The temperature change between yesterday and today is crazy isn't it!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear that.   My polling place is a local school and the entrance we enter has about 6 or 7 steps, no ramp.    There was an elderly woman with a walker and they suggested she go around to the front of the school and enter thru the main door (which is quite a distance to walk - I went to this school).   Three men offered to carry her up the stairs.    She said - No thank you and gave a little giggle.    They scooper her up and in she went to vote.   She was giggling and flirting away - too cute.     I was very happy to see people come to her rescue.😀

Our polling place is also a local school with 7 steps.It was suggested to me that I enter through the main door which also quite a distance to walk .Nobody offered to carry me up the stairs😀

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Our polling place is also a local school with 7 steps.It was suggested to me that I enter through the main door which also quite a distance to walk .Nobody offered to carry me up the stairs😀

I'm so sorry you experienced this difficulty.  I'm sure there was more than you or the woman at my polling place that have a handicap.  They should have proper access for all.

• Like 4

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm so sorry you experienced this difficulty.  I'm sure there was more than you or the woman at my polling place that have a handicap.  They should have proper access for all.

I tried calling the Town Board but I could not get through.Toby has a friend who works for the Board of Elections in a neighboring town .I am going to call her and get the number of somebody that I can call and complain to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

On our walk back we stopped at the Le Moana Bar which is on the water and their restaurant is across the walkway.

20221017_121958.thumb.jpg.8d73bbf5b8b11fd3a08699d6ea7c5ea8.jpg

Mai Tai and Pina Colada 

20221017_115940.thumb.jpg.35c87d784a8828d3ad1819fe12183bff.jpg

Restaurant 

20221017_113544.thumb.jpg.1d2e63bdeeef48e4c6467b8553976027.jpg

Drinks and sweet potato yams.

20221017_120432.thumb.jpg.25a0d958a92b1c75f53aae9c80f3808b.jpg

Omg, I'm really not paying attention. This should've been on my thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been playing daytime batchelor..  our DD started back to work so Sharon is babysitting at their house.  It gives me an opportunity to do a little experimenting with lunch.  Today, while the bread was toasting,  I sauteed a chopped up Jalapeño pepper and garlic in olive oil.  Then I fried an egg and melted sharp cheddar cheese over it.  Also lightly sprinkled brisket mix on the egg.  I put some Duke's mayonnaise on the toast, sliced tomatoes bacon and the fried eggs, Jalapeños and garlic. 

image.thumb.png.7f26fe3f2d734f9aa4406cb5f162add4.png

Looks yummy😀  just not sure I could finish all of that but I would have to😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I know I did something wrong since Maryann's post got deleted but I can respond anyway.

Cataract surgery went very well as so many have told me.  However, now at home, I can hardly see out of that eye, it's slightly painful and feels like I have something in my eye like an eyelash.  I took tylenol and as soon as I finish this post, I'll rest my eyes. Now I know what to expect when I have the other eye done.  I'm glad I have a dr. appointment tomorrow.  He jotted down his cell # which I appreciate, just in case....................

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know I did something wrong since Maryann's post got deleted but I can respond anyway.

Cataract surgery went very well as so many have told me.  However, now at home, I can hardly see out of that eye, it's slightly painful and feels like I have something in my eye like an eyelash.  I took tylenol and as soon as I finish this post, I'll rest my eyes. Now I know what to expect when I have the other eye done.  I'm glad I have a dr. appointment tomorrow.  He jotted down his cell # which I appreciate, just in case....................

Bonnie, now that you mention this, I remember feeling like there was something in my eye.  Luckily you see the dr tomorrow, and he/she? will be able to explain that to you.  All is good!  🥰

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very glad to hear that the surgery went well,Bonnie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Eyes do feel like that after surgery Bonnie. It is difficult to abide by that don't rub edict. But they do heal very, very quickly. If you can just go to bed this evening and let it rest. It will feel better tomorrow. ☺️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1