Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I just finished watching Below Deck, and Camille… OMG.  If the Captain could get around more she’d be gone. Instead he is leaving. Hopefully the new Captain will take care of business. She doesn’t know who to report to my butt.

And Ross, I don’t even know what to say, after the final 10 minutes of the show. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just finished watching Below Deck, and Camille… OMG.  If the Captain could get around more she’d be gone. Instead he is leaving. Hopefully the new Captain will take care of business. She doesn’t know who to report to my butt.

And Ross, I don’t even know what to say, after the final 10 minutes of the show. 

There is lots of speculation online as to who the replacement is and at one point there was even a picture supposedly of that Captain on the boat with Rachel.  That picture has been deleted.  If it is who many are saying, this Captain is slow at making a move.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is lots of speculation online as to who the replacement is and at one point there was even a picture supposedly of that Captain on the boat with Rachel.  That picture has been deleted.  If it is who many are saying, this Captain is slow at making a move.

I was wondering if maybe Eddie would be brought in. Lee has said in the past that would like Eddie to succeed him someday.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was wondering if maybe Eddie would be brought in. Lee has said in the past that would like Eddie to succeed him someday.

I think that would be a great choice but not sure he has the experience for that vessel yet.  Last I knew he was on a tugboat.  I know he has the license he needs though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think that would be a great choice but not sure he has the experience for that vessel yet.  Last I knew he was on a tugboat.  I know he has the license he needs though.

What about Joao who was bosun for Sandy. He went off to captain a boat.

• Like 2

I keep checking the app to see if checkin might open a few hours early but no luck. I'll either be staying up until midnight or setting an alarm. Does it mean you have a sad life when you get excited about just doing a checkin?🤔 I want the earliest checkin time that I can get.🙂

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I keep checking the app to see if checkin might open a few hours early but no luck. I'll either be staying up until midnight or setting an alarm. Does it mean you have a sad life when you get excited about just doing a checkin?🤔 I want the earliest checkin time that I can get.🙂

Do you have a Saturday embarkation?

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If anyone is looking for a holiday cocktail.   I enjoyed two of these on our cruise last week.   IMO, much better than a mimosa.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/poinsettia-cocktail-recipe-759772

The spruce eats is one of my fav sites. I make a LOT of the recipes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes.

I've got a Monday so I have two more days to wait.  If I'm looking on Royal's site correctly that would mean you are on Symphony.  It's nice itinerary, my first eastern is coming up in March.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've got a Monday so I have two more days to wait.  If I'm looking on Royal's site correctly that would mean you are on Symphony.  It's nice itinerary, my first eastern is coming up in March.

No, I'm on Odyssey of of Ft. Lauderdale. New class of ship for me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

This morning I've met again our group of HS friends. At the last moment, one of them had a fire at her house. All is well, besides their master bedroom [2nd floor] and roof above, totally burnt, they have no clothes for now....

Sorry to hear about your friend’s fire.  Glad everyone got out safe.  It looks like you had a great get together. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe @Ozark_Kid can explain just what these are.  I saw it at Sam’s Club today. 

1C6543D6-C197-40AE-B582-74DC59360311.thumb.jpeg.44787dcc2a1f5a4260f99b33e86495f6.jpeg

Umm, on second thought, maybe not!

Speaking of Sam’s Club, we have been using their mobile checkout.  You scan items with your phone as you put them in your shopping cart, then pay on your phone and walk out the door.  No need to stand in the checkout lane.  

Although, they must keep some buying habits on file.  When we checked out today, it asked if we needed to pick up some Fireball. 🤣. How did they know I was getting low?

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We signed in last week for our January cruise and got 10am, earliest available. The time before we were able to sign in at 11pm central time.  This time we were not able to sign in until midnight central time.  Maybe just a glitch this time.

Getting check-in time does make it more realistic.   Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1