Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

She wasn’t pleased with her shot, so she was beating her candy cane club on the ground. 

88992537-5B49-427D-8052-A8A81A4E1D99.thumb.jpeg.97ddc03510f1d75a30664430972d63d8.jpeg

I didn’t know that you could not touch the elves with your hand, or they would lose their magic. Evidently you have to use kitchen tongs to pick them up.  

I guess I learn something new each day. 😁

My goodness, Mark!  You can never, ever, touch the elves with your hand!  We learned that several years ago...but then, my grandchildren are all older than your grandchildren., so we've been around the elves for quite some time! 😉  Our youngest is 11 years old.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My goodness, Mark!  You can never, ever, touch the elves with your hand!  We learned that several years ago...but then, my grandchildren are all older than your grandchildren., so we've been around the elves for quite some time! 😉  Our youngest is 11 years old.

I never had an elf growing up. We had to make our own magic. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I never had an elf growing up. We had to make our own magic. 

I never did, either!  I don't even think there was such a thing as the Elf on the Shelf.  I think🤔 it started out as a story book.  We found out about it when my grandchildren were little.  Oh, the mischief these elves have gotten in to!  Anyway, our granddaughter Ava has twin cousins who did not have their own elf, so Ava got felt and sat down and made an elf for her cousins.  She did a great job, too!  She's always been so sweet and humble, and giving.💕

• Like 6

Question.... I have a balcony guarentee on Odyssey. My set sail pass is showing deck 11 and muster station D5 but cabin number is still GTY. Anything I should be concerned about on deck 11? And I remember reading about a way to scan the bar code on the set sail pass to obtain a cabin number. Anyone remember that or how to obtain the number. I suspect that if a deck and muster is appearing then a cabin must be assigned.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, I'm on Odyssey of of Ft. Lauderdale. New class of ship for me.

Oh yeah I see it now.  I missed Odyssey when I went looking... It's funny because we did that ship and itinerary earlier this year in Feb, you'd have thought that would have popped out to me when went looking.  You'll love it.  Great ship and a great itinerary.  It was probably my favorite cruise so far.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Wow  Big shocker to just read that the former DJ for Ellen Degeneres (Twitch) committed suicide.  40 years old.  2 small kids.  Very sad.   

He was funny on the Kevin Hart show (Celebrity Game Face). So young too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Wow  Big shocker to just read that the former DJ for Ellen Degeneres (Twitch) committed suicide.  40 years old.  2 small kids.  Very sad.   

I was shocked when I saw that earlier.  He always seemed so happy.  Such a tragedy, just shows you never know what is going on with anyone else regardless of their outward looks. 💔

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I was shocked when I saw that earlier.  He always seemed so happy.  Such a tragedy, just shows you never know what is going on with anyone else regardless of their outward looks. 💔

The Smokey Robinson and the Miracles hit record

Tears of a Clown always sadly resonates with me when I hear stories like this.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Question.... I have a balcony guarentee on Odyssey. My set sail pass is showing deck 11 and muster station D5 but cabin number is still GTY. Anything I should be concerned about on deck 11? And I remember reading about a way to scan the bar code on the set sail pass to obtain a cabin number. Anyone remember that or how to obtain the number. I suspect that if a deck and muster is appearing then a cabin must be assigned.

For me, I added our set sail passes to my apple wallet. Proceed to apple wallet, look to bottom of barcode and room number is after the dash. 

We are pleased with our location. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akcruz said:

When I was a teenager I hung out in a park.There was a guy who was a regular there ,always smiling.I never once saw him sad.One day he went to the roof of the building he lived in and jumped off the roof.He was 16.

Nobody had any idea why,especially his family.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You can take a picture of the bar code, and upload to a site that reads bar codes like this

https://online-barcode-reader.inliteresearch.com/

the last digits returned should be the cabin number. 

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are much further North too.

Screenshot_20221214_185847.jpg

Screenshot_20221214_185816.jpg

Graham - You just reminded me of this web site that got sent to me:

Facts About Geography That Will Change How You See The World (buzzfeed.com)

Mostly US focused but some interesting facts involving other countries as well.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Graham - You just reminded me of this web site that got sent to me:

Facts About Geography That Will Change How You See The World (buzzfeed.com)

Mostly US focused but some interesting facts involving other countries as well.

Very interesting.

Geography is very interesting and was my favourite subject when I was in grammar school in the UK.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Anyway, our granddaughter Ava has twin cousins who did not have their own elf, so Ava got felt and sat down and made an elf for her cousins.  She did a great job, too!  She's always been so sweet and humble, and giving.💕

Dupe.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Dupe

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Anyway, our granddaughter Ava has twin cousins who did not have their own elf, so Ava got felt and sat down and made an elf for her cousins.  She did a great job, too!  She's always been so sweet and humble, and giving.💕

Dupe.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Dupe

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was a teenager I hung out in a park.There was a guy who was a regular there ,always smiling.I never once saw him sad.One day he went to the roof of the building he lived in and jumped off the roof.He was 16.

Nobody had any idea why,especially his family.

That was so sad Lenny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That was so sad Lenny.

Yes,it was .I remember his father coming to the park and talking to those of us who knew his son to try and find out if we knew something that he did not.I am still in contact with a guy who also hung out in the park and we frequently talk about what happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Just as Robin Williams hid behind his comedy...so sad.  😢

• Like 7