Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I used to be a dedicated Survivor watcher until they seemly brought back Boston Rob year and year. It seemed like they were determined to keep him on the show until he won, which I believe he eventually did.

My DW continued to watch the show and every time I walked into the living room when it was on, I'd get sucked back into it again. After a while, I had to avoid the living room on Thursday nights. LOL.

I just watched the final episode on replay with Lisa. I have to say it was interesting and I was sucked in. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I used to be a dedicated Survivor watcher until they seemly brought back Boston Rob year and year. It seemed like they were determined to keep him on the show until he won, which I believe he eventually did.

My DW continued to watch the show and every time I walked into the living room when it was on, I'd get sucked back into it again. After a while, I had to avoid the living room on Thursday nights. LOL.

I gave up on the show but went back because they began to have LI and Brooklyn residents in the cast.

• Like 1

So for the traditional birthday dinner we went to Hickory Grill In Pennsylvania. I enjoy their fish options and Rick had the Beef Stroganoff. I must say we both left very satisfied. 

Then as we we’re getting ready to leave ( we were seated by a bar booth) I look up and see this picture. And all I can say is (sea dog). 

I know it does not do your 4 legged family members justice. But I thought of you.  

My DH walked away because I had to ask a man seated below the picture if I could snap the picture. Of course he said yes to me the crazy old lady. 

Then off to Kraynaks to see Christmas trees

76FC8B53-A90C-4149-ABE9-4E8B2C489E33.thumb.jpeg.25e8077690460cd3b8f4ca99113320e4.jpeg

Be safe. 

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Yes, I have spent a day at the Venetian/Palazzo pool (July 2020) and it was abnormally quiet due to the C word. LOL

Thank YOU for pointing me to your posts.  You know I absolutely have cared and followed along ever since. I am so saddened to hear this, and like you, am glad that she is no longer suffering. I'm sure it was hard to be away when you got the call, but I know that peace you received the following day was from her. Thank you for your transparency and sharing, friend.

💜💜

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you know these people on the show from LI and Brooklyn?

Everybody knows a Giovanni from Brooklyn  & a Tony from Long Island. 

They're the ones with those funny, harsh accents. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Everybody knows a Giovanni from Brooklyn  & a Tony from Long Island. 

They're the ones with those funny, harsh accents. 🤣🤣🤣

A woman who won on the Amazing Race in 2019,I believe is a niece of someone that I know .My youngest daughters in-laws had friends ,a couple who were on Amazing Race many years ago .I rooted for those contestants.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy birthday to your DIL Donna.  Looks like a good day for birthday celebrations 

I hope your Son, Mark, is having a wonderful birthday!

Does the stove have a lock setting?  Some have a lock as a parental control feature but also helpful for pets too

• Like 2

It has been an ugly day here.   Started with some snow, then sleet, then non-stop rain all day and more tomorrow.   Yuck!

Tonight Eric and I went to his Mother's house.   While Eric worked on finding paperwork. Hidden in many places of the house I worked on her bedroom bureaus and closets.   

When we downsized her to this house in 2015 I tried to get her to get rid of clothing, etc that she no longer used buy she didn't.   Now we have the job.  I have lost count of how many trash bags I filled up with old sheets, towels and clothes so far. 

I am picking out items in good condition to donate.   I am going to take some of the towels, blankets, etc to a local pet shelter that use for rescue animals.

Tomorrow we have our Christmas luncheon at Pinevill Tavern from 12 to 4 pm.   Everyone is looking forward to it.   Should be lots of fun!

• Like 12

We’ve survived the movers bringing our belongings!  It went so smoothly I was amazed.  Both the packers and movers were absolutely top notch.  If I knew how easy moving could be I’d have done it sooner!  Kudos to Allied and Coleman Worldwide.

Thinking about having some iPhone photos turned into wall art.  Has anybody done this?  I found Easy Canvas Prints online and it seems pretty straightforward.  We have three spaces over our range that I need art for…and rather than try to find three similar subjects, I thought I might use some of my sunset/sunrise/water photos.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It has been an ugly day here.   Started with some snow, then sleet, then non-stop rain all day and more tomorrow.   Yuck!

Tonight Eric and I went to his Mother's house.   While Eric worked on finding paperwork. Hidden in many places of the house I worked on her bedroom bureaus and closets.   

When we downsized her to this house in 2015 I tried to get her to get rid of clothing, etc that she no longer used buy she didn't.   Now we have the job.  I have lost count of how many trash bags I filled up with old sheets, towels and clothes so far. 

I am picking out items in good condition to donate.   I am going to take some of the towels, blankets, etc to a local pet shelter that use for rescue animals.

Tomorrow we have our Christmas luncheon at Pinevill Tavern from 12 to 4 pm.   Everyone is looking forward to it.   Should be lots of fun!

Enjoy your luncheon tomorrow,Debbie.

• Thanks 1

I've been in Phoenix for a week.  Had the day off today and drove up to Sedona.  It's my first time up there. and wow is it beautiful. 

This is mountain therapy, Arizona style.

Wandered around and enjoyed the views and shopping and then had a great dinner at a little Italian place.  I'm only here to thru Tuesday next week.  I think I need to head up there one more time.

IMG_0396.thumb.jpeg.3fa0f9334a25b0d64654c68deba7f3f0.jpeg

IMG_0386.thumb.jpeg.f7e2ae30afc8cc7e5f388cfb16611b68.jpeg

IMG_0393.thumb.jpeg.b6d4d8e0edd600d77bb2d3c6dd109987.jpeg

IMG_0395.thumb.jpeg.6bbdabb07e5c07b45443c176c545ce04.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I  I have lost count of how many trash bags I filled up with old sheets, towels and clothes so far. 

That's a good idea! I haven't started on my mom's linen closet yet! Fabulous. Thanks! 

We had our Christmas luncheon at Harry's Hof Brau today from my former workplace. It was fun! I came home with Belgian Chocolates from the gift exchange. I stole them from my former boss. Which allowed her to steal a nice piece of art from another attendee. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Of course, I remember it vividly. "They" were targeting a nearby army base, and were constantly aiming at Ramat Gan and Tel Aviv....

Those were 6 weeks of scary times. Mostly, we feared chemical weapons. Every time the alert went off, we had to put our masks gas on, first to the kids and then to us...

31 years ago ---

1155096422_IMG_7353(002).thumb.jpg.dd6af5436d03d36ac7d423ce3b1422c8.jpg

X.thumb.jpg.5c15642766a220d3f8b620efca44e7c5.jpg

After the "scud war", we decided that life is too fragile and took the kids for the first time abroad. Since you're mentioning NY and the Statue of Liberty, that's were we went, and, of course, WTC 😪

image.thumb.jpeg.22eb3cfe44ed05b804c596dbf40ebf83.jpeg

Hope so too.

I was thinking about your SIL when we minded the grandkids last week in Modi'in. We're passing "her" abode every time we enter and leave the city, and, of course, can see it from their balcony.

What a scary time in Israel.  Unfortunately, one of many.

BTW if you ever want a tour of her place let me know and I'll let her know.  You mentioned if you ever sell your current place, it might be an option.  She's one of the best people I know and would be very welcoming.

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I see the pic of the grandchildren you posted earlier and the pic above I can see similarities.

I thought the exact same thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Baby update.

Christina was checked on Tuesday.

Baby fine

Mild contractions

dilated 3 cm.  50% effaced.

So today....................................at work. 

Due date this Saturday.

For my birthday I want a safe labor and delivery for the granddaughter to be.

Congratulations Sue! How long does it take to have a baby after mild contractions start? Never had one. I am hoping everything went well. And you and granddaughter will almost share a birthday. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

a few pics from Vegas

cowboy boot Christmas earrings from Cowboy Christmas at the convention center

5FEE7DEA-BF97-4E8C-91D3-E427BF6988C8.thumb.jpeg.6fecce00b68fc243efe5b81b3cb61486.jpeg

I want this in my living room

CB37DD51-B57C-4894-820E-28B583F5C431.thumb.jpeg.72f0ac8f1db9b789babffd6583d307bd.jpeg

the MGM rolled out the biggest cowboy hat I’ve ever seen to welcome us

8C4F6150-5179-413B-84AC-634BF9DD761D.thumb.jpeg.43635dc85218b6bf65b7cf171efbfb32.jpeg

one of the many Christmas trees inside Caesars Forum Shops

9CC10BE5-EDFC-4D68-AC6C-E03487E44432.thumb.jpeg.873a61ac7845668d606f704608ac4dab.jpeg

Lovely photos Crystal.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 7:02 PM, grapau27 said:

We are much further North too.

Screenshot_20221214_185847.jpg

Screenshot_20221214_185816.jpg

Even down here in the South of England we've been have nights of -8c at night (around 18f I think) and -2 to 1c during the day 

On our way to Cornwell for a funeral and made the rooky mistake of not putting enough antifreeze in the windscreen wipers and even now we've added it the spray still isn't coming through

On the plus side the countryside is stunning with a winter Wonderland sparkling in the sunshine

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Even down here in the South of England we've been have nights of -8c at night (around 18f I think) and -2 to 1c during the day 

On our way to Cornwell for a funeral and made the rooky mistake of not putting enough antifreeze in the windscreen wipers and even now we've added it the spray still isn't coming through

On the plus side the countryside is stunning with a winter Wonderland sparkling in the sunshine

Condolences to you and the family of the person whose funeral it is.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 12:00 AM, Keksie said:

Now I am sad because I really thought in time we would cruise again but now I am not so sure.

There's a lot of things we use to do regularly pre pandemic that we seem to be out of the habit, like going to the cinema. Use to go every 10days or so. Think we've been three times since March 2020 

Thought we would do more long haul travelling once we retired but it hasn't happened. Furthest we've been is Europe, apart from a quick trip to Dubai last March. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Condolences to you and the family of the person whose funeral it is.

Take care.

Graham.

Thank you Graham. It is particularly sad as he was only in his late 30s. He was our page boy 36 years ago. My cousins only child 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Graham. It is particularly sad as he was only in his late 30s. He was our page boy 36 years ago. My cousins only child 

I'm sorry Sue.

The exact same thing happened to us several years ago when our page boy 41 years ago died in his late 30s leaving 6 children.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3