Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

OMG

That could be Lizzy's sibbling!!!!!

Thank you

And also thank you to all sharing well wishes for my 66th. birthday.

Baby update.

Christina was checked on Tuesday.

Baby fine

Mild contractions

dilated 3 cm.  50% effaced.

So today....................................at work. 

Due date this Saturday.

For my birthday I want a safe labor and delivery for the granddaughter to be.

Well, that Tiffany bangle with diamonds is cute.

Take care.

Happy Birthday, what an exciting way to start it off.  Prayers for a safe, quick and easy delivery.

Happy Birthday to all the others celebrating as well!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

New York City is still my favorite place to cruise out of , in my much younger days I might stay up all night to make sure I could see the Statue of Liberty, also the New York skyline with the new freedom tower . I moved to Texas 40 years ago but still think of myself as a New Yorker and I have the accent to prove it. My wife never had visited before meeting me but it’s her favorite city now.

We cruised out of NY harbor a few months after 911.  As we cruised around lower Manhattan where the twin towers once stood, we saw a Coast Guard boat very close to us.  All of a sudden, all the merriment on board our ship stopped and there was a hush as we all passed that sacred site. We then started to clap in appreciation for all the Coast Guard and first responders have done.  They waved back at us.  I'll never forget it.

Next year will mark the 20th anniversary of our moving to Texas.  When talking to people, and not telling them where I'm from, I am asked on many occasions "where in NY are you from"?  They just know!  Jack has an Israeli accent and when he tells people his name, he pronounces it "Jock".  Oftentimes people think he's French. 🤣  

• Like 13

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just finished watching Funny Girl on you tube.  Newly married and living in Israel, we went to see it for the first time.  When Barbra sang "Don't Rain on My Parade", passing the Statue of Liberty on a tug boat, I was a choked up mess.  It was at that moment when I KNEW we would have to come back to NY to live.  And we did.    In case some don't know in here, Jack, an Israeli, met me in NY while he was on vacation.  He proposed and we decided to move to Israel where we married.  How weird we live in Texas now.  That's another story for another time.

Did you ever see my cousin Marilyn Michaels in Funny Girl ? She received great praise from Barbra.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree, it is a very generous donation and I do hope he follows through on it.  This wasn't one of my favorite seasons, maybe the show has just run its course and has too many gimmicks now.

I'm just glad this Season didn't follow through with the racial tones of the past two Seasons!  Survivor must've gotten a lot of backlash over that...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you ever see my cousin Marilyn Michaels in Funny Girl ? She received great praise from Barbra.

I don't understand.  Was she in the movie?  If she was, what part did she play?  I've seen her a few times on Ed Sullivan.  Talented lady.

On 12/13/2022 at 11:12 PM, Ocean Boy said:

First available checkin time is 11AM. That is annoying.🤨

Our first available check-in time WAS 10am and we got it BUT we were just notified by RC that check-in is being pushed an hour later.  So now Check-in time is 11:00am.  Departure time has been changed from 4pm to 5pm. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thirty years ago today I was with my dad for the last time😢

😢😢😢

Time doesn't heal all wounds.  Maybe the heartache dulls a bit  but never goes away.  I'm so sorry.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thirty years ago today I was with my dad for the last time😢

😪😪

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

😢😢😢

Time doesn't heal all wounds.  Maybe the heartache dulls a bit  but never goes away.  I'm so sorry.

So true 

• Like 6

On 12/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, BonTexasNY said:

My sister in law sold her apartment on Abba Hillel Street in Ramat Gan, Israel before the scud war.  That street had a direct hit and the building where she and her family lived previously was totally destroyed. 

Of course, I remember it vividly. "They" were targeting a nearby army base, and were constantly aiming at Ramat Gan and Tel Aviv....

Those were 6 weeks of scary times. Mostly, we feared chemical weapons. Every time the alert went off, we had to put our masks gas on, first to the kids and then to us...

31 years ago ---

1155096422_IMG_7353(002).thumb.jpg.dd6af5436d03d36ac7d423ce3b1422c8.jpg

X.thumb.jpg.5c15642766a220d3f8b620efca44e7c5.jpg

After the "scud war", we decided that life is too fragile and took the kids for the first time abroad. Since you're mentioning NY and the Statue of Liberty, that's were we went, and, of course, WTC 😪

image.thumb.jpeg.22eb3cfe44ed05b804c596dbf40ebf83.jpeg

On 12/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, I hope you get to meet her one day.  

Hope so too.

I was thinking about your SIL when we minded the grandkids last week in Modi'in. We're passing "her" abode every time we enter and leave the city, and, of course, can see it from their balcony.

• Like 21

On 12/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, singinalot said:

I don’t think I’ll do a trip report this time. Tho I did stop in the Venetian and Palazzo 😉

I’m exhausted.

One thing about Vegas, it's far from a relaxing trip. Even trying to relax poolside is next to impossible as the pools are now "Day Clubs".  Having said all that, I do like Venetian as you can find some quiet time in their Venzia tower & pool area.

I know this might some across as attention-seeking or looking for sympathy but as @singinalot has let it be known that me & DW have been in her thoughts the past 1 1/2 years,  if you have a chance, please check out posts # 80,989 & 80,990 on page 3240 for an update.  Most likely you missed it with your recent trip.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Glad I didn't waste my time watching any of the shows this season then. 🙂 I thought years ago the show had run it's course.

I used to be a dedicated Survivor watcher until they seemly brought back Boston Rob year and year. It seemed like they were determined to keep him on the show until he won, which I believe he eventually did.

My DW continued to watch the show and every time I walked into the living room when it was on, I'd get sucked back into it again. After a while, I had to avoid the living room on Thursday nights. LOL.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1