Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

It sure is a blessing to have a couple of DDs that are OTs.  The oldest just came down to help out with some transplanting basil then she decided to straighten out the whole basement.   Both keep clearing things so dad doesn't trip and fall.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It sure is a blessing to have a couple of DDs that are OTs.  The oldest just came down to help out with some transplanting basil then she decided to straighten out the whole basement.   Both keep clearing things so dad doesn't trip and fall.

Daughters are a Blessing, for sure, John!

(I'm an authority, since I know from experience..3 daughters)💕

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

That probably sounds arrogant, but I am exceedingly proud of the fact that I was able to have a long career using my hard-earned degree. Many people with biology degrees aren't as fortunate to be able to be working biologists, and I was. 😊 Thanks.

Not arrogant at all.  You are speaking the truth and definitely a career life to be proud of.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were there in 2017. It's a great place. I wonder if my namesake is still there? 😁

20170409_085652.thumb.jpg.64376dc91dc1e3080e1c2e6afe5b7985.jpg

Can’t say a saw Renee…did take a photo of the koala roll call but I took so many koala photos that I had to go back & delete a batch including the names.  Lifespan in captivity is 15 years according to wiki so she might be munching gum leaves in koala heaven right now….

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Asking about Diamond Plus perks.

For the internet we get 2 free days? So do people just but the package for the remaining days onboard once the 2 free days is over?

Or will buying onboard price be much higher then?

Right now it is $17.99 a day............this is for a 14 day cruise?

One device $251.86

Two device $391.86

So how do people handle this?

You get 2 days free internet each so 4 days in total for 2 of you which should cover sea days.

We connect to 4G in the country we are docked in and make use of our phone contract.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

A few more photos of Featherdale We truly enjoyed it. AustraliaCruise2012.thumb.JPG.35704052b02de7cb39f09ffb2784e600.JPG

Wallaby

AustraliaCruise2025.thumb.JPG.ecf24ec8e95491036ce632991ddb4933.JPG

KookaburraAustraliaCruise2032.thumb.JPG.e35e7c941273203a3aeffe7fd94bd291.JPG

Koalas are Soooo cute. AustraliaCruise2070.thumb.JPG.e73562331d57b438b9c95aeeb5a64873.JPG

And who knew? Wild dingoes just look like dogs. "Dingoes ate my baby" would just be like a dog attack in the US. 

I can't seem to get another line in. The last photo is of a Tasmanian Devil. You may remember him from Bugs Bunny cartoons. They have him in a round enclosure, and he runs constantly...in a circle. 

Such unique animals! I won't bother anymore. 

AustraliaCruise100.thumb.JPG.d4e3605d55ee11dfaf05e90c5c7dd5f3.JPG

The wildlife park is in suburbia and the dingo enclosure backs onto a suburban home.  Someone’s dog was barking and the dingos were howling in response…made the hairs on the back of your next stand up….

@Coralc I assume you are aware of the facial tumours devastating the Tasmanian Devil population? 

The Azaria Chamberlain case was appalling.  The miscarriage of justice and the way Lindy Chamberlain (the baby’s mother) was treated & judged by the media & Australian public and this was in the time before the internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Lionesss How wonderful that you get a whole month one on one with your gorgeous granddaughter.  What a precious gift.

re ants/insects - DD is currently on a home improvement binge.  After he outlayed his plans - I told him he better have a long overdue termite inspection done because no use spending a tonne of money if the house is being eaten from the inside.  Thankfully the report came up clear.  

Hope you get rid of your ants.  

• Like 4

On 3/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, dani negreanu said:

Still poorly. Today is the 2nd time he has to stop taking a pain reliever, since it impacts his stomach.

We're quite at the end of our wits.

I’m so sorry to hear that, Dani. I can’t take pain relievers for the same reason.  Not really many other choices (if any) out there that don’t affect the stomachs of those who can’t tolerate them. 😕 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You get 2 days free internet each so 4 days in total for 2 of you which should cover sea days.

We connect to 4G in the country we are docked in and make use of our phone contract.

5 ports, 9 sea days..........we might have a problem. Plus 3 of the ports are in Greenland, no idea what strength the( ports) internet will be up so far north. Ships internet will probably be problematic too..

• Like 2

Surviving the wind storm. Power out since about 14:50. Generator working well. 

Went to mass. Candlelight service. No power. 

Power lines down downtown Vienna. 
And neighboring Liberty. 

Trees down. 

We had a small tree love tap the man cave. 

D8A1E175-4B69-4E9A-AD22-ADD550182C23.thumb.jpeg.8d932f028a22342445e5b6c17477e999.jpeg

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Now. More damage. This just happened. Winds still have a punch. 

We have had much the same here.  We were out of town, and driving home just after the first storm hit. Lots of trees and branches down.  It was like driving an obstacle course to get around them. 

Next door neighbor lost a big pine tree. Daughter had a big tree down in her yard.  Wind picked up their Fisher Price playhouse and moved it about 50 feet. 

Nothing but some branches down at our house.  This is minor stuff, compared to what’s going on in Mississippi.  

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

5 ports, 9 sea days..........we might have a problem. Plus 3 of the ports are in Greenland, no idea what strength the( ports) internet will be up so far north. Ships internet will probably be problematic too..

onboard price for internet varies per ship.   Anthem's onboard was $24.99/day in December.    I'll let you know what the price is this coming week.      You can skip internet on boarding day since you will have internet from NJ until the ship sails away around 4 or 5 pm

then use your D+ starting the next day.     then you would be down to only needing internet for 9 days (if you really need it for all 9-days)   Maybe skip a day or two before buying the onboard package then it would be cheaper than buying the current price online.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This morning wasn’t too bad, and we got out for a five mile walk between rain showers.  Saw these. 

98F333CE-E4EB-4B91-9CDA-AF7C42A6777E.thumb.jpeg.0a6f174024de18a5918df4be34cf870e.jpeg

Yes, there were more than two. 

IMG_6922.MOV 26.04 MB · 0 downloads  

You take very scenic walks.  Can you just walk out your door to be in these beautiful places?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Agree… Those suite prices were eye popping.  I would love to experience the suite area on Wonder too.  Looks pretty awesome.  We will be doing an OVB for the first time but like you said I am keeping an eye on the suite prices too.

We are definitely suite snobs but it’s not our fault about a dozen years and 20 or so cruises ago Celebrity upgraded us to our first suite and once you get used to suite life you don’t want to go back . Definitely prefer celebrity suite perks.

• Like 5

Had a couple of nice days in Ft Myer after cruise, we had no big plans for first day wife texted a new cousin and they were free so they drove down to Ft Myer and booked same hotels how a very nice evening drinking and dining with them , he has lots of new relatives with dna testing he was adopted into a very nice family and now catching up with brothers sisters and cousins he never knew . 
image.jpeg.8bfecffbb69a7ba7effa05cf3b5086bd.jpeg

Edited by George C
  • Like 15

You know your old when on a Saturday night date you drive around and look for wind damage. 

But. 
Still on generator. Best investment. 

A596D1FB-1F71-44D9-8D67-613BFDD856AB.thumb.jpeg.d2b701b416fe4a3eb709df3cbb198298.jpeg

8ABE92CF-B7FC-407A-908B-33758126ED99.thumb.jpeg.627f3145e7d5141f343a545a5098193c.jpeg

FE9B4287-5773-4F2F-AA4C-BAE94B843767.thumb.jpeg.464ba2a6b9236bb048e4e718fca23c58.jpeg

3DD99998-8608-46DA-96DE-06F5E765B10E.thumb.jpeg.0e920fd6f7b235f44e30d3bbe8a4f114.jpeg

D79E922F-52EA-4395-A9AC-7DE8AC5654F0.thumb.jpeg.35449080db7d5b8bcac285faf6576608.jpeg

7AB73F7C-18A6-410F-A96A-707CA19F29BA.thumb.jpeg.b18ead31f256c276d9ccf6999944b834.jpeg

And maybe just maybe power to Vienna could shortly be restored. 

How many utilities trucks does it take to…..

2D6D07C7-78C1-4DDE-8B9D-A1D3537C53B7.thumb.jpeg.8584626c250c46e794769fe883fbfce5.jpeg

• Like 12

Petey stayed onto of my suitcase for about 4 hrs.   Eva was sleeping at one end and Sparky at the other end for a bit.     They don't make it easy to leave them but I know they will be in good hands with my neighbor that cares for them while we are away.     This is the first time we are going on a trip since we adopted Petey from the shelter around Christmastime.    I hope he behaves he still has a lot of kitten behavoir in him since he is only  8 to 10 months old.

He is actually the one that selected which book I would bring to read.   

The other morning he knocked a bunch of unread books off a small cabinet I have in one of the bedrooms and he slid a book down the hallway on the hardwood floor.     Luckily enough it was the next one in the Stuart Wood Stone Barrington Series that I haven't yet read. 

We picked up a Chrysler Pacifica mini-van at Avis and will drop that off at the Avis in Bayonne after we drop off our luggage at the port.   Chris and Donna are riding with us so we needed a vehicle to fit luggage for 4 adults.   They asked if I wanted the Ford Edge or the minivan, I asked for the Maserati they had but said it was already booked😌

Chris and Donna to arrive at our house between 8 and 8:15 tomorrow morning then we are going to stop at a diner on way.   Weather forecast in the Bahamas looks perfect, hopefully weather and seas will be perfect the whole trip.    

We have internet onboard and I will check in here send some photos.    

Hope everyone has a great week and those recovering from Covid, hopefully you will All feel better soon.

• Like 24