Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Don't let it scare you, you're still young.  I'm 50 now and, while I've enjoyed a very successful career, I still wish I could turn back the clock 30 years to pursue my childhood dream of being a Dr.  Counting the days (years, really) till retirement now.  2030 is my goal.  Hopefully Covid will finally be gone by then 😁

Don't be too quick to wish you had become a doctor.  I retired comfortably 12 years ago, and even though our travels we planned have become dashed for over a year now, we are still loving retired life. 

My sister the doctor has almost no time off and is still a few years from retirement.  She is very stressed out.  Phone is always ringing when we visit her at her home.  

• Thanks 1

Lisa’s final part of her birthday gift arrived today. It’s a monthly gift box, for six months. This months theme... “Make the today your b****”. I might be in trouble for the next six months, or by the end of this. 

She liked the idea of getting something fun for a few months. 

17B7D7D4-852B-4774-BF0A-0D330199B672.thumb.jpeg.939fd225d67b609b1541f1ba4396e9fe.jpeg

212BFB93-D1A2-4FF9-954C-AC417AD5848B.thumb.jpeg.7d9ff591796ddc59229dc94d07028b94.jpeg

Opening reveal. 

135D1C94-6378-41E8-93C3-3776C10B8846.thumb.jpeg.7efd569813072ebf305f991032fdb514.jpeg

This month’s items. Lunch bag, dry hair wash, “room” spray but I called it toot spray, water bottle, jewellery tray etc...

@Milwaukee Eight I see a desk sign for a member of your house. 

3221FBC6-565B-430E-A526-E28664DC1E4A.thumb.jpeg.16da2ad7b61b4f3340269eff7c50bf12.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

If there is one thing missing in this gift box is the mask lol. In any case even though this box seems quite simple to me, I shall admit that it would make a lady happy 

It’s no cruise but if it makes mine smile I’m good with it. 

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, island lady said:

An "Island Lady" creation.  😉  I combined biscuit topping and mashed potato topping recipes...created my own mix.   It was super easy.

Basically had leftover mashed pots, and decided to get creative.  Tend to do that a lot.  Take a look at what leftovers I have and make a new creation.  

@island ladyI love seeing your creations!  You are so innovative and imaginative :-)  Do you watch the "Chopped" series at all?  I've learned about a lot of new foods and ways to prepare them, as well as ways to incorporate leftovers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sigh.  Many days, this is the only CC thread that I'll look at.  Occasionally, I'll venture out and see what else is happening on CC.  Like looking at a car crash, there are some threads that I feel compelled to view, especially those that have been locked.  Why do I do that?  I think I'll just stay here for a while with discussions of day to day activities, pictures of food/pets/local sights, and well wishes for others.  Thanks again Dani for starting this thread.

Those padlocks are a definite warning sign. Not for the faint of heart, as I recently participated in 2 now locked down threads. The secret is to not take anything too seriously or too personally, just view it all as entertainment.

And I join you in thanking Dani for creating this "safe haven" amid the chaos. An Alluring Oasis filled with Wonder and Harmony*. (trying to fit in as many Oasis-class ship names as possible).  Question for our host: how do you keep the trolls out?  Troll repellent?  Secret police guarding the door?

Finally, it's nice to see both Graham and Lenny back. It's like a breath of fresh air on the first day of spring.

*EDIT TO ADD: Yes, I know I left out Symphony, I just couldn't make it fit.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

I am in the 16-64 with health issues.

At 58 Pauline is 2 cohorts away so hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Welcome back Graham...you can tell you were missed.  But we did enjoy talking to your lovely bride for awhile though.  😉  

Congrats from all of us...on getting your freedom back!   😄 

Free Funny Celebrate Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on  Clipart Library

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

Don't be too quick to wish you had become a doctor.  I retired comfortably 12 years ago, and even though our travels we planned have become dashed for over a year now, we are still loving retired life. 

My sister the doctor has almost no time off and is still a few years from retirement.  She is very stressed out.  Phone is always ringing when we visit her at her home.  

Good points.  I do like being my own boss.  Still very stressful though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

@island ladyI love seeing your creations!  You are so innovative and imaginative 🙂 Do you watch the "Chopped" series at all?  I've learned about a lot of new foods and ways to prepare them, as well as ways to incorporate leftovers!

Aww...you make me blush!!  😉  Thanks for the compliment.  ☺️

Nope, don't watch a lot of cooking shows, and in fact don't watch much TV at all actually.  

The creative cooking comes from a mixture of boredom, and my dream kitchen I designed myself.  It's very "creative chef" friendly.  🤗   

I did, however, retire from being a territory manager working for the 2nd largest restaurant food supply company in the nation.  Worked with a lot of chef's that were good customers, plus food supply vendors that would ride with me on my route, showing different products to those customers when I called on them.  Always fascinating to watch them work.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa’s final part of her birthday gift arrived today. It’s a monthly gift box, for six months. This months theme... “Make the today your b****”. I might be in trouble for the next six months, or by the end of this. 

She liked the idea of getting something fun for a few months. 

17B7D7D4-852B-4774-BF0A-0D330199B672.thumb.jpeg.939fd225d67b609b1541f1ba4396e9fe.jpeg

212BFB93-D1A2-4FF9-954C-AC417AD5848B.thumb.jpeg.7d9ff591796ddc59229dc94d07028b94.jpeg

Opening reveal. 

135D1C94-6378-41E8-93C3-3776C10B8846.thumb.jpeg.7efd569813072ebf305f991032fdb514.jpeg

This month’s items. Lunch bag, dry hair wash, “room” spray but I called it toot spray, water bottle, jewellery tray etc...

@Milwaukee Eight I see a desk sign for a member of your house. 

3221FBC6-565B-430E-A526-E28664DC1E4A.thumb.jpeg.16da2ad7b61b4f3340269eff7c50bf12.jpeg

Boss lady indeed, perfect for M8s other half.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Welcome back Graham...you can tell you were missed.  But we did enjoy talking to your lovely bride for awhile though.  😉  

Congrats from all of us...on getting your freedom back!   😄 

Free Funny Celebrate Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on  Clipart Library

Thank you Pat.

Thank you for being lovely to Pauline too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend grew up in NYC ,moved to Fla and retired in Fort Mill,SC.

Conversely another friend moved from NYC to Charleston and loved living there.

How did your doctor's appointment go Lenny?

I hope he could find a solution to your headaches.

Graham.

Bucky mentioned a few days ago that we really needed to get the "land yacht" (AKA motor home) out for a drive, just to get it run due to sitting for the last 3 months.  I told him I would try to find a camping site available to do an overnight ....to make it more fun, plus check on the other things to make sure everything is working well.  We already found out our A/C and heat controller was acting like it was haunted (would turn on and off, even though system was off).  I found a replacement ($$$ 😮 )...online that Bucky is going to install.  

One favorite park is just 28 miles from our home, Jetty Park Campground.  This is the camp and day use area that ships pass by just before they hit the open ocean at Port Canaveral, and in fact is owned and run by the Canaveral port authority.  Was lucky to score a site at all. 

This was walking out on the Jetty pier to watch the sunrise this morning.......

20210225_064101.jpg

20210225_065738.jpg

20210225_065710.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 17

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky mentioned a few days ago that we really needed to get the "land yacht" (AKA motor home) out for a drive, just to get it run due to sitting for the last 3 months.  I told him I would try to find a camping site available to do an overnight ....to make it more fun, plus check on the other things to make sure everything is working well.  We already found out our A/C and heat controller was acting like it was haunted (would turn on and off, even though system was off).  I found a replacement ($$$ 😮 )...online that Bucky is going to install.  

One favorite park is just 28 miles from our home, Jetty Park Campground.  This is the camp and day use area that ships pass by just before they hit the open ocean at Port Canaveral, and in fact is owned and run by the Canaveral port authority.  Was lucky to score a site at all. 

This was walking out on the Jetty pier to watch the sunrise this morning.......

20210225_064101.jpg

20210225_065738.jpg

20210225_065710.jpg

Great photos.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Those padlocks are a definite warning sign. Not for the faint of heart, as I recently participated in 2 now locked down threads. The secret is to not take anything too seriously or too personally, just view it all as entertainment.

And I join you in thanking Dani for creating this "safe haven" amid the chaos. An Alluring Oasis filled with Wonder and Harmony*. (trying to fit in as many Oasis-class ship names as possible).  Question for our host: how do you keep the trolls out?  Troll repellent?  Secret police guarding the door?

Finally, it's nice to see both Graham and Lenny back. It's like a breath of fresh air on the first day of spring.

*EDIT TO ADD: Yes, I know I left out Symphony, I just couldn't make it fit.

Thanks very much.I am honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Graham.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How did your doctor's appointment go Lenny?

I hope he could find a solution to your headaches.

Graham.

Unfortunately he could not. He asked for the names of my other doctors because he wished to confer with them.He did not know my Primary doctor but told me that he is very good friends with the other two and called one while I was still in his office.

He suggested sending me for blood work that would test for every possible disease that could cause the type of headaches that I am experiencing.This will be done in two weeks .He also scheduled me for several Sonograms in his facility for the latter part of March.

Between him,my Primary care doctor,my Neurologist and my Cardiologist hopefully they will find out the cause.

Thank you once again for your concern.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1