Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

And I join you in thanking Dani for creating this "safe haven" amid the chaos. An Alluring Oasis filled with Wonder and Harmony*. (trying to fit in as many Oasis-class ship names as possible).  Question for our host: how do you keep the trolls out?  Troll repellent?  Secret police guarding the door?

Actually, I didn't think about it until now....

My "theory" - about this thread's half way, Andrew ( @A&L_Ont) asked to keep all controversial issues out of it.... and it worked 😉

Pets [and adopting them], food and recipes, walks in the nature, going to church on Sundays, vaccine appointments or lack of them, visits to doctors, elective operations, Covid - negative & positive tests, buying a condo in Florida, bikes and bosses -- all part of a blessed [even in Covid era] routine.... no "food to get their teeth in" for trolls here, really 🤩

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My "theory" - about this thread's half way, Andrew ( @A&L_Ont) asked to keep all controversial issues out of it.... and it worked 😉

Kind of like an old Western movie where the sheriff asks people to check their guns at the door before entering the saloon. Great idea  @A&L_Ont! 🍻🥂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately he could not. He asked for the names of my other doctors because he wished to confer with them.He did not know my Primary doctor but told me that he is very good friends with the other two and called one while I was still in his office.

He suggested sending me for blood work that would test for every possible disease that could cause the type of headaches that I am experiencing.This will be done in two weeks .He also scheduled me for several Sonograms in his facility for the latter part of March.

Between him,my Primary care doctor,my Neurologist and my Cardiologist hopefully they will find out the cause.

Thank you once again for your concern.

I sincerely hope they can find a solution for you Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I sincerely hope they can find a solution for you Lenny.

Graham.

Several years ago one of my doctors thought that I had Leukemia.He referred me to an Oncologist who did a Bone Marrow test.It was the most painful test I ever had.He also took 16 vials of blood.The results were that I was on the border line and I had the blood work every 6 months.My Oncologist is the best doctor I have ever been to and a wonderful person .Last December he called me and said “Lenny,everything is okay.”He was so happy to tell me .I reached out to him about the headaches even though the MRI ruled out a tumor.He asked for the names of the doctors I am seeing now and called each of them urging them to do their very best for me.

My family is more worried than I am about the headaches.I always try to have a positive outlook.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Likewise Lenny my friend.

Several years ago I posted on an internet nostalgia message board and became very friendly with a guy living in California.I refer to him as my best friend who I never met.I feel the same was about many of the people who post on CC who I also have never met.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Several years ago one of my doctors thought that I had Leukemia.He referred me to an Oncologist who did a Bone Marrow test.It was the most painful test I ever had.He also took 16 vials of blood.The results were that I was on the border line and I had the blood work every 6 months.My Oncologist is the best doctor I have ever been to and a wonderful person .Last December he called me and said “Lenny,everything is okay.”He was so happy to tell me .I reached out to him about the headaches even though the MRI ruled out a tumor.He asked for the names of the doctors I am seeing now and called each of them urging them to do their very best for me.

My family is more worried than I am about the headaches.I always try to have a positive outlook.

You are right to have a positive outlook.

I think posting on here among friends helps a lot too.

I know Pauline and Sarah were a lot more worried about me when I had a mild heart attack in December 2019 and covid19 in November 2020.

Take care Lenny.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

You are right to have a positive outlook.

I think posting on here among friends helps a lot too.

Well Hello Graham    Welcome Back!

We were sad and surprised you weren't around for a couple of days but we were all happy to meet Pauline.     Lovely lady.

Hope you are doing well!

How is Sarah doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Well Hello Graham    Welcome Back!

We were sad and surprised you weren't around for a couple of days but we were all happy to meet Pauline.     Lovely lady.

Hope you are doing well!

How is Sarah doing?

Thank you Debbie.

Sarah said she feels a lot better today from her covid19 infection.

Thanks for being lovely to Pauline when she joined CC to give an update on Sarah and myself on Dani's thread.

I had my first Pfizer Vaccine jab yesterday.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I don't see retirement anywhere in my sight...especially with these GME & AMC run ups killing the rest of the market. LOL

Thanks Graham! Good to see you back here.

Thank you. Yes, he's very supportive, and as you said, the unexpected this year has opened my eyes to a lot.

Thank you Crystal.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky mentioned a few days ago that we really needed to get the "land yacht" (AKA motor home) out for a drive, just to get it run due to sitting for the last 3 months.  I told him I would try to find a camping site available to do an overnight ....to make it more fun, plus check on the other things to make sure everything is working well.  We already found out our A/C and heat controller was acting like it was haunted (would turn on and off, even though system was off).  I found a replacement ($$$ 😮 )...online that Bucky is going to install.  

One favorite park is just 28 miles from our home, Jetty Park Campground.  This is the camp and day use area that ships pass by just before they hit the open ocean at Port Canaveral, and in fact is owned and run by the Canaveral port authority.  Was lucky to score a site at all. 

This was walking out on the Jetty pier to watch the sunrise this morning.......

20210225_064101.jpg

20210225_065738.jpg

20210225_065710.jpg

Is that Bucky with coffee in hand. His expression says I need coffee. Beautiful view.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Debbie.

Sarah said she feels a lot better today from her covid19 infection.

Thanks for being lovely to Pauline when she joined CC to give an update on Sarah and myself on Dani's thread.

I had my first Pfizer Vaccine jab yesterday.

Graham.

Happy to hear Sarah is feeling better today 🙂   

No thanks needed, Pauline is wonderful and should join us more often.

Congrats on getting your first jab. 

Eric and I are waiting to hear from our Dept. of Health to schedule our appointments.     They are currently scheduling people that registered on 1/15 and we registered on 1/16 - so should hear something any day on when we get our first jab.    I am early 50's and didn't think I would be eligible but they are counting me as a "caregiver" since Eric is a high risk person (transplant recipient).  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately he could not. He asked for the names of my other doctors because he wished to confer with them.He did not know my Primary doctor but told me that he is very good friends with the other two and called one while I was still in his office.

He suggested sending me for blood work that would test for every possible disease that could cause the type of headaches that I am experiencing.This will be done in two weeks .He also scheduled me for several Sonograms in his facility for the latter part of March.

Between him,my Primary care doctor,my Neurologist and my Cardiologist hopefully they will find out the cause.

Thank you once again for your concern.

Sorry they couldnt find what is causing your headaches.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Several years ago I posted on an internet nostalgia message board and became very friendly with a guy living in California.I refer to him as my best friend who I never met.I feel the same was about many of the people who post on CC who I also have never met.

I am the same.

I spent three and a half hours this afternoon posting my thanks to all my friends on here and the P&O UK threads who posted their best wishes.

Pauline joined CC briefly to give an update on our Sarah's covid19 and was overwhelmed with how nice and friendly everyone was to her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa’s final part of her birthday gift arrived today. It’s a monthly gift box, for six months. This months theme... “Make the today your b****”. I might be in trouble for the next six months, or by the end of this. 

She liked the idea of getting something fun for a few months. 

17B7D7D4-852B-4774-BF0A-0D330199B672.thumb.jpeg.939fd225d67b609b1541f1ba4396e9fe.jpeg

212BFB93-D1A2-4FF9-954C-AC417AD5848B.thumb.jpeg.7d9ff591796ddc59229dc94d07028b94.jpeg

Opening reveal. 

135D1C94-6378-41E8-93C3-3776C10B8846.thumb.jpeg.7efd569813072ebf305f991032fdb514.jpeg

This month’s items. Lunch bag, dry hair wash, “room” spray but I called it toot spray, water bottle, jewellery tray etc...

@Milwaukee Eight I see a desk sign for a member of your house. 

3221FBC6-565B-430E-A526-E28664DC1E4A.thumb.jpeg.16da2ad7b61b4f3340269eff7c50bf12.jpeg

Yep. Boss lady. I like it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

it is! I’d be lying if i said pursuing a different career at almost 40 didn’t scare the you know what out of me, but it’s the best decision!

My mum always wanted to be a nurse but had to earn her own living at the age of 14, and then after marrying my dad she travelled the world with him in the RAF.  She finally got the chance in her mid 40s to do her nurses training. She has passed away now, but I am very proud of her, it's never to late to change your career. 

Good Luck 🍀

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear Sarah is feeling better today 🙂   

No thanks needed, Pauline is wonderful and should join us more often.

Congrats on getting your first jab. 

Eric and I are waiting to hear from our Dept. of Health to schedule our appointments.     They are currently scheduling people that registered on 1/15 and we registered on 1/16 - so should hear something any day on when we get our first jab.    I am early 50's and didn't think I would be eligible but they are counting me as a "caregiver" since Eric is a high risk person (transplant recipient).  

I hope you both get vaccine invitations very soon.

I'm 64 but came into the 16-64 health issues after my mild heart attack in December 2019.

Pauline is 58 but is in 2 group's after me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Kind of like an old Western movie where the sheriff asks people to check their guns at the door before entering the saloon. Great idea  @A&L_Ont! 🍻🥂

There is nothing wrong have hashing out differences on other threads IMO.  This just seems like a happy place.

Your comment of leaving the guns at the door remind me of “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” from Netflix.  If you have a bit of a twisted sense it isn't a bad way to send the night.  

The scenery alone combined with the cinematography was worth it.  It is a bit "dark" but really makes one think.

It is an anthology film, a collection of six short segments combined to make a feature-length film.  It's by the Coen Brothers.  Here's a flavour of the six different anthologies. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hey, welcome back. We missed you. 

Thanks Rory,I missed everyone on here too.

I had my first Pfizer vaccine jab yesterday.

I hope your family are well and your new house is well on its way to being built.

Did your mam and yourself get your second vaccine jabs?

Graham.

• Thanks 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thanks Rory,I missed everyone on here too.

I had my first Pfizer vaccine jab yesterday.

I hope your family are well and your new house is well on its way to being built.

Did your mam and yourself get your second vaccine jabs?

Graham.

Glad you getting your first “jab”. (did I really say that, jab. Lol)

Waiting for permits now. It’s a process. 
Yes, both my Mom and I have had both Moderna. The boss had both of hers PZ. 

Rory

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Glad you getting your first “jab”. (did I really say that, jab. Lol)

Waiting for permits now. It’s a process. 
Yes, both my Mom and I have had both Moderna. The boss had both of hers PZ. 

Rory

Great news Rory.

I'm happy for you all.

Graham.

• Like 1

Good luck Lenny.

we just got back from our second shot.  Very poorly run this time.  Everyone of us on the very long line had practically the same appointment time. Then they tell us they were short on people giving the vaccine!!  We were not happy, but we did make some friends while waiting.  We finally got done, walk out and see that there was now hardly any line😳Don’t know if there was just a break in appointments or people gave up. Forced myself to have a martini when we got home🤪 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1