Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Missusdubbya.

Does pauline like bldgs? South beach to me is known for a block of art deco bldgs. They are kept painted for the period. ..my favorite part of miami, south beach art deco.

https://www.google.com/search?q=art deco ocean drive miami beach&tbm=isch&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CAYQrNwCKABqFwoTCLir2MWYi-8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAH&biw=911&bih=563

20210227_171806123.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. Gives us a little more peace of mind plus we are now card carrying members. 😁 They are securely stashed away in our safety deposit box with our passports.😉

Omg thank you for mentioning passports you just reminded me to get our passport photos to send with renewal.  Thank you!🤩

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Does pauline like bldgs? South beach to me is known for a block of art deco bldgs. They are kept painted for the period. ..my favorite part of miami, south beach art deco.

https://www.google.com/search?q=art deco ocean drive miami beach&tbm=isch&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CAYQrNwCKABqFwoTCLir2MWYi-8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAH&biw=911&bih=563

20210227_171806123.jpeg

Pauline said she would love to see the art deco buildings.

Thanks for the pictures.

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg thank you for mentioning passports you just reminded me to get our passport photos to send with renewal.  Thank you!🤩

Mine is coming up for renewal in a few months, too. I was waiting to get past my April cruise but that is, obviously, no longer a factor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Or baby squirrels.  We have 7 at the refuge right now.

I wonder what happened to their mother. Squirrel mom's are amazing mothers. She wouldn't just abandon them. Every time I see one on the road I wonder if she has babies waiting for her.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

To further confound things, it's okay to drop the leading O when speaking" about the North American Opossum and say "Possum".

LOL. When you say there is "a" possum in the backyard, it sounds enough like Opossum that we generally drop the leading "O". :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin: I didn't know that about Australian possums, though. They are MUCH cuter than ours. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

This lockdown thread reminds me of being on a cruise. There are people from all over the world interacting with each other and we are learning about there lives back home.  Instead of spending a week together we have been on a cruise for a whole year.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm not a big fan of squirrels. I was bitten by a squirrel.  However, my cat loves them 🙂 

I'm not sure how it would go if ever got his wish and caught one...

Several years ago my cat, Splashes bought me one with its face ripped off.  I screamed so loud when she dropped it at back door as a present.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

This lockdown thread reminds me of being on a cruise. There are people from all over the world interacting with each other and we are learning about there lives back home.  Instead of spending a week together we have been on a cruise for a whole year.

Without a Windjammer.🤨

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

If we met on a cruise and you said you live in a city that I probably never heard of before I would tell you that one of my son -in-laws grew up very close to Laurel.

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully all is going well with your return to the states.

Yes, I'm just wrapping up in Washington State this weekend and will be heading strait home on Monday morning.  After 351 days apart, my daughter and wife couldn't wait for their reunion another week so my daughter flew up yesterday morning and is going to travel back to CA with us starting Monday morning.  We couldn't do it the other way around with my wife flying down and getting home ahead of me since we are returning with an extra vehicle and I haven't learned to drive two vehicles simultaneously.

I should be at home on Wednesday, Thursday I'm skiing with my SIL and GS on at China Peak and Friday I'm sitting by the pool and doing nothing but sit in my lounger with a drink in my hand. (Pictures to follow).

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Much better thanks.  Charlie just had a sore arm.  If either of us had to get a reaction I am glad it was me.  With his transplant and other issues, it would not have been good.

Glad you are doing better and Charlie is well too.  Don't need him having issues after his recent BP issues.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Several years ago my cat, Splashes bought me one with its face ripped off.  I screamed so loud when she dropped it at back door as a present.  

Years ago I had a cat who did that with moles from the back yard.  It was a nasty little surprise but it solved my mole problem.

• Thanks 1