Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

DD and all her friends have an online group where they post daily photos of their pets.  Yesterday one of her friends posted a video of his new “pet” wandering his backyard.

As you would have seen from my aerial photos, we have Backburning going on in Sydney. As a result, a very healthy young koala sought safety in her friend’s backyard.

Of course, her friend called WIRES (our wildlife rescue organisation) they removed the koala and confirmed he will not need care but will be released in a safe healthy bush habitat ❤️

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I somewhat jokingly commented to my daughter that her husband is gripping the railing pretty tightly in the first photo.  She said it was swaying in the wind and was more than a little scary.

Nope nope and nope.

Just happy to see the views courtesy of your daughter/yourself sharing the photos with us.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

@Ocean Boy, I took Lucy to the vet in the new carrier you recommended. It worked great, and the vet tech even admired it and how easy it was to get her in and out. Hope it helps with Jade.

Lucy has gained a pound in the last month, so it appears that her thyroid med is working. They did blood work today that will show the actual results in a couple of days.

I came upstairs to go to bed and look who was sleeping in her carrier...

20230916_232937.thumb.jpg.12740ef1231bd7d2da1d46d51982bd55.jpg

• Like 30
  • Haha 3

Just now, Coralc said:

Thank you, Pat.  Are you enjoying Seward? 

I didn’t make it to Seward.  I’m still on the Ovation but plans are to catch up with the Radiance on the 22nd in YVR and resume my original itinerary.  I wouldn’t have minded though.  I have been thinking of spending a few nights up there next year before a cruise.  Love their aquarium.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Physically it's getting harder to get around especially as the day goes on.  My spirit is still fine.  Prayers from around the world surely makes a difference. 

My insurance is covering a really nice customized motorized wheelchair for me that is supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks.  They fitted me for it before we went to Lakeside several weeks ago.  The plus side of me losing so much weight is that I am getting a narrow one that will easily move around the house. 

I am looking forward to cruising in a few weeks.  It will be a 5 day cruise and will let us have a better idea if we can handle future ones.  

Thanks for the update, John. It’s good to know that your spirit is still fine and that you’re looking forward to cruising soon. 🤗

Please remember, that in addition to all of the love and support that you already receive from your close-by family, you can also seek some comfort from your worldwide “Dani family” too. I’m sure that members of both “families” will continue to keep you in their prayers. 🙏🏼 Take care.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

He also completed the Coast walk that he started yesterday.  I told him he needed to make sure to take photos of the Lighthouse (which I am sure he thought was a weird request from me….).For @Ocean Boy6A19A279-1F79-4D66-9231-72FAF73AAF99.thumb.jpeg.347112e34bccbc4b9cd810058b55146c.jpeg

8AEE0636-10B0-48D7-837B-ECC516CEBB7A.thumb.jpeg.0dedbd59ea3671ddd2049dd6ba769004.jpeg

E78876DD-1917-47FB-BDAA-493580373F60.thumb.jpeg.66dcc2d831490e9ae1d08857ccfe1f78.jpeg

39E2B5BE-AEDF-40A5-8BAB-0E2473874344.thumb.jpeg.549dbbc3528ed74455c55e45a7c47e84.jpeg

332C9370-B53B-457A-A3C5-BA499AD5715A.thumb.jpeg.10a9d1660c29ed0f063a87aea0a51ab5.jpeg

1711F625-B630-4254-AADC-FBE55A31D853.thumb.jpeg.81c71e7290a69ca3aa54293e4f6154f9.jpeg

Tacking Point Lighthouse.  Built in 1879, it’s Australia’s 13th oldest lighthouse and the finish point of the coastal walk and a great spot to see whales which DH did.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

@Ozark_Kid thanks for the update. I just love your positive attitude.  By the way, that cake looks amazing! Come back and tell us how it was please. 

@aussielozzie18 it’s unlikely I’ll ever see your country in person. Thank you for sharing all these beautiful pictures. 

@Coralc I’m so sorry about Bobby. You made the right decision, but that doesn’t make it any easier.  

@bobmacliberty just gorgeous pictures from your daughters honeymoon. Are they going anywhere else in Europe or just Switzerland? 

It’s a gorgeous late summer day here in RI after our near miss of Hurricane Lee.  We leave next Sunday for Venice, so pre-packing has started.  My original goal was two carry ons and two backpacks, mostly because I don’t want to deal with possible luggage delays. But we have a nonstop flight going over so that should be okay. We connect in Chicago coming home, but it’s not such an issue if bags are delayed on the return. We also get two free checked bags each so kind of a waste not to take advantage of that.  But…we do have to handle our luggage a bit, through Venice, water buses, trains, etc. so that’s something to consider too. We shall see! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Daily Switzerland photos, this time, from Jungfraujoch, the "Top of Europe".  To get there, you take Jungfraujoch Railway, a cog railway to a tunneled, underground station near the top of the mountain

IMG_0517.thumb.JPEG.5e0dd81c4ae7766a2fc89594dccea1a7.JPEG

IMG_0595.thumb.JPEG.912370e5209d381c803f85ef1eb34880.JPEG

IMG_0618.thumb.JPEG.6d78115b62eb13a0f586b782f3e2e1c1.JPEG

The longest glacier in the Alps:

IMG_0625.thumb.JPEG.f13675235dd8e4126b55dd0b2e6d8b0a.JPEG

Love the ice cave photo.  My DD has all the other photos but they didn’t get to do that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ozark_Kid thanks for the update. I just love your positive attitude.  By the way, that cake looks amazing! Come back and tell us how it was please. 

@aussielozzie18 it’s unlikely I’ll ever see your country in person. Thank you for sharing all these beautiful pictures. 

@Coralc I’m so sorry about Bobby. You made the right decision, but that doesn’t make it any easier.  

@bobmacliberty just gorgeous pictures from your daughters honeymoon. Are they going anywhere else in Europe or just Switzerland? 

It’s a gorgeous late summer day here in RI after our near miss of Hurricane Lee.  We leave next Sunday for Venice, so pre-packing has started.  My original goal was two carry ons and two backpacks, mostly because I don’t want to deal with possible luggage delays. But we have a nonstop flight going over so that should be okay. We connect in Chicago coming home, but it’s not such an issue if bags are delayed on the return. We also get two free checked bags each so kind of a waste not to take advantage of that.  But…we do have to handle our luggage a bit, through Venice, water buses, trains, etc. so that’s something to consider too. We shall see! 

I could do a carry on for general travel where you aren’t with a group and don’t see the same people everyday.  I just can’t pack like that for a cruise or river cruise.  I need my “stuff” to nest.  We like to unpack and have options to change clothes for the evening. The hardest part of a recent cruise tour was packing up every morning and feeling disorganized getting ready, digging through the suitcase.  I even use packing cubes and a toiletries organizer and it’s still a hassle. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Daily Switzerland photos, this time, from Jungfraujoch, the "Top of Europe".  To get there, you take Jungfraujoch Railway, a cog railway to a tunneled, underground station near the top of the mountain

IMG_0517.thumb.JPEG.5e0dd81c4ae7766a2fc89594dccea1a7.JPEG

IMG_0595.thumb.JPEG.912370e5209d381c803f85ef1eb34880.JPEG

IMG_0618.thumb.JPEG.6d78115b62eb13a0f586b782f3e2e1c1.JPEG

The longest glacier in the Alps:

IMG_0625.thumb.JPEG.f13675235dd8e4126b55dd0b2e6d8b0a.JPEG

Great pictures, never knew any of this was there, need tomdo some research, hhmm

45 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It's okay Deb!  Do whatever you feel most comfortable with!!  Can't believe only a week away 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I could do a carry on for general travel where you aren’t with a group and don’t see the same people everyday.  I just can’t pack like that for a cruise or river cruise.  I need my “stuff” to nest.  We like to unpack and have options to change clothes for the evening. The hardest part of a recent cruise tour was packing up every morning and feeling disorganized getting ready, digging through the suitcase.  I even use packing cubes and a toiletries organizer and it’s still a hassle. 

Best thing we did when we did our cruisetour was to pack a separate suitcase for the land portion and one for the cruise portion.  We had the land portion first and the cruise suitcase was tagged to stay on the bus the whole time.  We packed rollaboards with the things we needed everyday and had daypacks to have on the bus.  It helped that we flew first class both ways, so had no baggage fees.  Packing cubes helped a lot and we had extra compression cubes that we made our dirty laundry cubes.  I need my "stuff" too and was pretty happy with what we brought.  We needed almost all of what we brought for the land portion as we road ATVs and did some muddy hiking that made some clothes one and done.  We overpacked for the cruise portion, but what else is new. 😄 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

They move to Bellagio on Lake Como tomorrow, I think.  Will be an interesting difference between the Alps and Lake Como.

• Like 7