Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

How upscale is 150?  I bring cocktail type dresses, mid-calf not formal and my husband brings slacks with a dress shirt.  Not sure he would want to dress up more then that and I really don't want to have to find a formal.  

That attire would be good for 150.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MancGirl21 said:

My DH is trying to find some Weller, but so far it’s impossible.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s almost impossible to find it here where it’s made let alone in the UK.  Even though it’s a great bourbon do not pay more than MSRP for it. Third party resellers gouge the consumer.

Impossible to find here also.  My only option is to pay 3-4 X MSRP online.  Nope.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I know ! You are a multi-talented individual.  I guess mixology is chemistry . 

There is a very well known tiki bartender who has written several books about the science behind cocktails. He uses Malic acid powder to adjust the acidity of the citrus juices in cocktails. He also has written about clarifying cocktails by using milk to remove impurities and clear up a cocktails color. Fascinating stuff and does involve chemistry. I am not at that level unfortunately.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Greg , the Great American Family channel is showing Christmas movies throughout July 24/7 . 

Yeah I am not a fan of GAC. I watch Hallmark and their Christmas in July starts on June 28th. They will premiere two new movies, Falling Like Snowflakes on June 28th and on July 20th a movie called A Very Vermont Christmas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

This is a great point.  I see online prices double and triple what msrp should be.  For example I got a bottle of Blantons for $62 (out of pure luck) a couple weeks ago.  I regularly see it for $160 online.  Not worth that to me.

We got Blantons last week for £63, which is a good price here. Buffalo Trace is piled up here at Costco for £17, it is his good bargain to keep on the shelf.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

There is a very well known tiki bartender who has written several books about the science behind cocktails. He uses Malic acid powder to adjust the acidity of the citrus juices in cocktails. He also has written about clarifying cocktails by using milk to remove impurities and clear up a cocktails color. Fascinating stuff and does involve chemistry. I am not at that level unfortunately.

But , can he cook a gourmet meal , served with delicious cocktails, entertain us on the drums and expertly videograph the whole event ? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

But , can he cook a gourmet meal , served with delicious cocktails, entertain us on the drums and expertly videograph the whole event ? 

I guess I do have my strengths. My father was an architect and great at math and science which his genes went to my brother who is a doctor. My mom was an art major who painted and did jewelry silversmithing. She also was an accomplished classical guitarist. I got her genes. I don’t regret that but I could have made a lot more money as a doctor than a artist.😜

• Like 9

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Sounds stupid to move where i know no one but for the first time maybe my whole life I'm not taking care of family.  Cruising was just my escape, a way to have time away from family.

It doesn't sound stupid at all Jane... After all you went through with your mom and dad and dealing with some of your dysfunctional family, wanting a clean break makes perfect sense to me.  Don't worry to much... it'll all eventually work out. 🙂 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

On Wonder of the Seas - if you could pick 3 specialty restaurants which ones would you pick?

Has anyone taken a Viking cruise?  There is a Great Lakes Cruise I am thinking of but just not sure yet.  It goes a lot of places we would like to see and would take many separate trips and many miles to see if we did it with road trips or flights.  It is pricey but I think they include a lot of things that we normally have to pay for.

6 hours ago, George C said:

Our go to specialty restaurants on rccl are Chops and Giovanni’s, we are in minority on 150cp I didn’t like it after trying it a couple times , wonderland was  ok , we also normally do Izumi . A Great Lakes cruise sounds interesting. (We always buy UDP on rccl)

I'd do Chops and Giovanni's for sure... after that it's a toss up between Wonderland and 150cp. If you've never done Wonderland I'd give that a try.  It's an experience.  Last time at 150 cp I had the tenderloin for two.  It was exceptional!  I've also had the veal and like it very much.  

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

How upscale is 150?  I bring cocktail type dresses, mid-calf not formal and my husband brings slacks with a dress shirt.  Not sure he would want to dress up more then that and I really don't want to have to find a formal.  

That'll be more than fine.  That is how I usually dress for dinner every night that isn't a formal night.  Nobody will bat an eye.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My home has turned into a liquor store with my collection of Bourbon, Whiskey, Rum and craft cocktail ingredients. I’m really not an alcoholic just a chemist. 😉

IMG_4351.thumb.jpeg.865f1286c1403543bc8220b1775164f3.jpeg

IMG_4350.thumb.jpeg.9b800ebadbf8e6ce68290344c010f544.jpeg

IMG_4352.thumb.jpeg.ab2beec5dd0ecca1b1ee14f95a53fbe0.jpeg

IMG_4353.thumb.jpeg.a7e2a3e65264c7c77fb7759f0e02aa4b.jpeg

IMG_4354.thumb.jpeg.829706386a09737e649f1919d8b4b0c7.jpeg

I always enjoyed studying chemistry.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just a little something to get you in the mood.  Here is the Viking ship departing Duluth under the lift bridge. YouTube is a great place to lose time.

Thanks, cool video. I was thinking they need to blow the horn... and it happened!😃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I get invited to purchase things before the regular customers once in a while at total wine . My normal drinking at home is very basic lots of straight cognac, scotch with  one big ice cube and straight tequila, have lots of blended and single malt scotch. We both like wine and prefer Napa Cabernet or Merlot or Alexander valley, normally have well over a hundred bottles have a cooler for red and white (wife drinks Chardonnay along with our reds ). Our local Kroger has a sale about once a month and offers wines at 25 percent off , this normally beats the prices at total wine, I will buy one of two cases.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, George C said:

I get invited to purchase things before the regular customers once in a while at total wine . My normal drinking at home is very basic lots of straight cognac, scotch with  one big ice cube and straight tequila, have lots of blended and single malt scotch. We both like wine and prefer Napa Cabernet or Merlot or Alexander valley, normally have well over a hundred bottles have a cooler for red and white (wife drinks Chardonnay along with our reds ). Our local Kroger has a sale about once a month and offers wines at 25 percent off , this normally beats the prices at total wine, I will buy one of two cases.

Impressive George! What’s your favorite cognac?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That'll be more than fine.  That is how I usually dress for dinner every night that isn't a formal night.  Nobody will bat an eye.

Says James Bond ! 

• Haha 2

Currently my favorite is Martel VS , I drink way too much of it , Hennessy is also one of my favorites. I did a cruise on MSc just before Covid which you would have loved , for a extra 17 or 18 dollars a day they let you drink anything in the bar , we went thru several bottles of Johnny Walker Blue and lots of XO cognac, unfortunately that package is no longer offered . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MancGirl21 said:

We got Blantons last week for £63, which is a good price here. Buffalo Trace is piled up here at Costco for £17, it is his good bargain to keep on the shelf.

I bought a case of BT for that reason a few months ago.  I split it with friends and kept the rest to have on hand.  Good one to keep around.  Plus DW likes Trace so that’s all the reason I need to keep it on hand 😀

• Like 4

Well, the office is closed tomorrow for Juneteenth so i’ll take this as an opportunity to try a bourbon this evening and smoke some meat tomorrow.  I think we are going to do Pork Belly Burnt Ends or maybe just the pork belly as is.  Trying the Larceny Barrel Proof this evening.  🥃  cheers 😀

IMG_3385.thumb.jpeg.86d2fd857d9e2db0857c8643f12d734f.jpeg

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Well, the office is closed tomorrow for Juneteenth so i’ll take this as an opportunity to try a bourbon this evening and smoke some meat tomorrow.  I think we are going to do Pork Belly Burnt Ends or maybe just the pork belly as is.  Trying the Larceny Barrel Proof this evening.  🥃  cheers 😀

I wish we were closed tomorrow.    I have to drive back up to the office for the day.   Lots of upcoming changes and I told my Boss I would be there tomorrow (he flew into tonight and is staying until Thursday night).    I'm only going in for Wednesday.   Hopefully light traffic since some people have off.    I hope to leave there by 4 pm and get back down to the shore by 6 pm.   

• Like 2

@firefly333  It sounds like your new home fits you perfectly, Jane!  Your view from your linai is amazing, you've joined the community swim aerobics, they have a great Library there for you to read to your hearts'  content, and you are looking to join a Bridge game.  You will be meeting so many wonderful people by joining in the activities.  I bet there's even more for you there.  They may have a Bocce Court !  You are close to the Cruise Port.  It looks like you've hit the jackpot!  Well deserved, well earned!  Welcome to your new home!!!🥰

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@firefly333  It sounds like your new home fits you perfectly, Jane!  Your view from your linai is amazing, you've joined the community swim aerobics, they have a great Library there for you to read to your hearts'  content, and you are looking to join a Bridge game.  You will be meeting so many wonderful people by joining in the activities.  I bet there's even more for you there.  They may have a Bocce Court !  You are close to the Cruise Port.  It looks like you've hit the jackpot!  Well deserved, well earned!  Welcome to your new home!!!🥰

I dont know about bocce court. I heart the tennis courts are pickle ball these days.  I used to play tennis and won for all of dallas back in the day, which is why I got too much sun, playing too much tennis in the hot sun no hat. 

I went out to buy a swim noodle for water aerobics and then publix so i didnt even get to Sandbsr Bar and grill until 6 pm.

I got home and tried to call the cancel utilities in my name. Just missed their hours. Ooops and it says closed tomorrow for holiday. Schedule a call back Thursday. 

Title company called while I was down inquiring about bridge. We funded today, closed, finished. The moving company reached out and I know from experience I'm not going to get much, I settled for $400. Hardly pay for the new 6 ft ladder, a new vacuum etc. I used to live in boca Florida and worked disputes for amex. Believe it or not they required a college degree, paid little but paid for health care. Getting insurance was why I took the job. Anyway, moving disputes are the very very worst of any disputes. I maybe could have pushed for another $100 but she offered 300, I said 500 and we agreed on 400. Unless I had insured individual pieces separately they pay damages by weight. Bill of lading says this, i know from doing disputes for other people moving is almost impossible. Me doing a claim and taking pictures and all that I wasnt going to get what the cost was. I'm ready to move on with my new life. A claim for damages by the lb wasnt going to get me what my antiques are worth undamaged. You have to take out insurance on each piece individually.  

I went to John's sandbar bar and grill about 6 and boy is it busy. I got baha fish tacos. Shhh.,dont tell john but I prefer crunchy tacos not soft. They were ok, but not to die for. It sure is popular. MSC cruise was in town. The girls in front of me at the beach stores where I went to get a pool noodle were off a msc cruise. Lol she thought it was luxury. Ok lol. I got 3 new tee shirts hahaha. Cant turn me loose lately or I'm spending. How could I resist tee shirts that said space coast. Hope they dont shrink too much. Finest quality I'm sure .....not!  My dad worked for NASA couldn't resist.,

You can see my purple pool noodle in the background of the fish tacos. I'm not quit sure how one does crunches with a pool noodle I was late this morning. Now I'm ready for thursday class. Does this pool noodle look extra skinny? I havent had one in years, but this looks skinny to me. Going to look awful but I'm going to join in. Still 6 of 7 wardrobe boxes to unpack but no hurry. I can't take all the boxes down same week anyway. Small price to pay to live here. So move claim settled and house sold and funded late today. Done and done. Bridge tomorrow. I hope. I see it's a holiday. Couldnt remove utilities from my name, closed until thursday. 

Baha fish tacos john was always raving about and you can see my noodle.. life is good. 

20240618_184129.jpg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 19

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont know about bocce court. I heart the tennis courts are pickle ball these days.  I used to play tennis and won for all of dallas back in the day, which is why I got too much sun, playing too much tennis in the hot sun no hat. 

I went out to buy a swim noodle for water aerobics and then publix so i didnt even get to Sandbsr Bar and grill until 6 pm.

I got home and tried to call the cancel utilities in my name. Just missed their hours. Ooops and it says closed tomorrow for holiday. Schedule a call back Thursday. 

Title company called while I was down inquiring about bridge. We funded today, closed, finished. The moving company reached out and I know from experience I'm not going to get much, I settled for $400. Hardly pay for the new 6 ft ladder, a new vacuum etc. I used to live in boca Florida and worked disputes for amex. Believe it or not they required a college degree, paid little but paid for health care. Getting insurance was why I took the job. Anyway, moving disputes are the very very worst of any disputes. I maybe could have pushed for another $100 but she offered 300, I said 500 and we agreed on 400. Unless I had insured individual pieces separately they pay damages by weight. Bill of lading says this, i know from doing disputes for other people moving is almost impossible. Me doing a claim and taking pictures and all that I wasnt going to get what the cost was. I'm ready to move on with my new life. A claim for damages by the lb wasnt going to get me what my antiques are worth undamaged. You have to take out insurance on each piece individually.  

I went to John's sandbar bar and grill about 6 and boy is it busy. I got baha fish tacos. Shhh.,dont tell john but I prefer crunchy tacos not soft. They were ok, but not to die for. It sure is popular. MSC cruise was in town. The girls in front of me at the beach stores where I went to get a pool noodle were off a msc cruise. Lol she thought it was luxury. Ok lol. I got 3 new tee shirts hahaha. Cant turn me loose lately or I'm spending. How could I resist tee shirts that said space coast. Hope they dont shrink too much. Finest quality I'm sure .....not!  My dad worked for NASA couldn't resist.,

You can see my purple pool noodle in the background of the fish tacos. I'm not quit sure how one does crunches with a pool noodle I was late this morning. Now I'm ready for thursday class. Does this pool noodle look extra skinny? I havent had one in years, but this looks skinny to me. Going to look awful but I'm going to join in. Still 6 of 7 wardrobe boxes to unpack but no hurry. I can't take all the boxes down same week anyway. Small price to pay to live here. So move claim settled and house sold and funded late today. Done and done. Bridge tomorrow. I hope. I see it's a holiday. Couldnt remove utilities from my name, closed until thursday. 

Baha fish tacos john was always raving about and you can see my noodle.. life is good. 

20240618_184129.jpg

Congratulations, Jane !  Enjoy your new home ! You’ve earned it and more .

• Like 4