Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

Judy, what can I say -- it was too close to comfort, very near our oldest son rented apt. We know the area well, it's also where your embassy is located...

Quite a "catch-22" situation -- lose-lose 😢.

Can’t imagine going thru this, surprised I didn’t hear anything on our news. You and your family are always in our thoughts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

Judy, what can I say -- it was too close to comfort, very near our oldest son rented apt. We know the area well, it's also where your embassy is located...

Hugs to you Dani. I know hugs will not resolve a war but I just want you to know that we care.

DH says everyone needs a hug.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

That describes Campari.  Shudder.

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am not a fan either. Too bitter.

I'm not a fan either, but I found a cocktail that makes Campari drinkable, at least for me...The Enzoni.  Muddle green grapes, add gin, Campari, a little lemon juice, and some simple syrup.  It tones down the Campari bitterness nicely.  It's one of those drinks that I wasn't sure that I liked while I was drinking it, so I had to make a second one to be sure.   😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

To be followed soon with Christmas.  I am not ready. I am still in summer mode.  I guess they don't have storage for the big skeletons so.just leave them up.  A new trend would be holiday appropriate clothing and accessories for them.  A leprechaun outfit for St Patrick's day for instance.  Lol.  If I were younger and more motivated I could have a thriving business in giant skeleton stuff.

There is a house near us that hung tiny skeletons on a tree for Halloween, and they have been dressing them in little outfits as you described for various holidays ever since. They are definitely cuter than those giant skeletons, which so many people and businesses have. I don't quite get the attraction. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks all for the kind words on my movie extra experience. Unfortunately another friend of mine who was an extra got warned for posting pictures on their experience on social media since we signed a NDA. Out of an abundance of caution I had the mods delete the post so I don't ruffle any feathers at Hallmark. At least some of you got to see it before they removed it. Thanks for understanding.

The nda is not stopping other people from posting pics. Hopefully we will see you in the movie.

Screenshot_20240719_142433_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Just settling down to watch the Stars V Stripes show.

The shows on Serenade have been pretty good. They have an amazing five person 'ships company'.  Great musical theatre singers.  They also do individual shows and are on the whole world cruise. Friends who are doing the world cruise say they put on different shows regularly. 

20240719_211048.thumb.jpg.3522b53b39bb49f03ecf96dd5719e678.jpg

• Like 14

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am not sure that I am ready to see Halloween trees just yet. 

IMG_1907.thumb.jpeg.e5f5fc5aa5c4bffe13aba33f71aaba96.jpeg

And speaking of Halloween, does anyone see those giant (12-15 ft high) skeletons left up year round at people’s houses?   There are some houses where they have been up for a couple years now. 

There is a FB group for “12 foot skeleton owners group”.  I think it has close to 300,000 members.   There is a bakery near us that has 2 skeletons and a skeleton dog named Stan, Stacey and Smudge.  They are dressed for each holiday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

So sorry for all the ugliness going on.   I pray that you and your family stay safe and for peace. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

Just been watching Below Deck.

Captain Lee has left the ship and Captain Sandy has taken over until Captain Lee is well enough to return.

There was smoke on the yacht St David but it was sorted.

• Like 3

Grilling some steaks for dinner. Owen has a ball tourney starting tonight. Lucy is supervising my work. 

IMG_5962.thumb.jpeg.ec5acea609be225fa2a2df7b8a76b5ae.jpeg

Stretching in her sleep. 

IMG_5964.thumb.jpeg.71e61f0507ced199e4343285f4bdb61b.jpeg

Guess which is her’s?  She finished it in seconds. 

IMG_5965.thumb.jpeg.ccbfa07e533b8e24b30ba56ce3999776.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

On 7/18/2024 at 6:38 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I just heard on morning news that Norwegian Jewel will start sailings out of Philadelphia April 2026.

Here's hoping that Royal will follow as we could drive down I95 and be there in less than 1 hr.  

I would love another port option within driving distance!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ATG said:

We’re on Anthem docked in Southampton and they just announced that Microsoft has had a major, worldwide outage. To check your airline since many flights are delayed. They are having issues getting people off the ship due to it. Boy am I glad we’re doing a b2b. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Timing is everything, as the saying goes!  Enjoy your second half of your b2b!!🛳️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

- it was too close to comfort, very near our oldest son rented apt. We know the area well, it's also where your embassy is located...

Hugs, Dani.  I never seem to have the right words to say, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.🙏❤️  After hearing about this bombing, I told Jim I wished I knew where you live.  Thankful your oldest son is safe, and that you and Aaron are also.🙏❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Someone just sent this to me... 

I'm not crying, you're crying!

The first little girl who hugged her classmate looks so emotional.  God bless these children, and most especially the little girl with the prosthetic.❤️

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

There is a FB group for “12 foot skeleton owners group”.  I think it has close to 300,000 members.   There is a bakery near us that has 2 skeletons and a skeleton dog named Stan, Stacey and Smudge.  They are dressed for each holiday. 

There's an old house on Route 9 in Barnegat, N.J.😊 that has two life-size skeletons sitting on matching rocking chairs.  It is there year-round.  Pretty cool to see while driving by!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Well, my mood has significantly improved.....I just printed out my SetSail Pass for Serenade OTS .😁🥂

Nice, Pat!!  How was your family reunion in California?

• Thanks 1

Our grandson Jack and his friends have done it again!  Two of their films have been selected to be shown at the All American High School  Film Festival at a theater on 42nd Street, Manhattan, this coming October.  It is going to be a Red Carpet Affair.  It will also be an ongoing weekend of films and workshops for the kids.   We are so excited for him, and naturally, very proud of his accomplishments.😊

• Like 26