Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Nice, Pat!!  How was your family reunion in California?

Thank you for asking Maryann.  It was great to all be together, even though it was 102. 🥵

Fortunately, my brother has a pool (and air conditioning).

• Like 10

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

Judy, what can I say -- it was too close to comfort, very near our oldest son rented apt. We know the area well, it's also where your embassy is located...

Quite a "catch-22" situation -- lose-lose 😢.

That must be so traumatic. I am so sorry you are still dealing with this. I hope and wish things will get better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am not sure that I am ready to see Halloween trees just yet. 

IMG_1907.thumb.jpeg.e5f5fc5aa5c4bffe13aba33f71aaba96.jpeg

And speaking of Halloween, does anyone see those giant (12-15 ft high) skeletons left up year round at people’s houses?   There are some houses where they have been up for a couple years now. 

I’ve never seen a Halloween tree before 😳 and thankfully no, giant skeletons are not a thing here - yet…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s cold & windy here in Sydney today.  We are off to see “Le Aerial” at the Sydney Opera House tonight.  No photos permitted.

Last time I saw an aerial show was on the Rhapsody, over 10 years ago.  Do any Royal ships do aerial shows these days?

• Like 2

One of my “kids” sent me  this photo from their roadtrip in BC this week.  I replied “will you have time to walk the suspension bridge?”AAC1A1D9-1AD0-45A7-950E-D78E288DD0FF.thumb.jpeg.01ff7700dc70db35397900b1c32907ad.jpeg

The reply “omg, they  are powerlines!” 

Ooops!  I think I need to start looking at photos on the laptop rather than my little phone screen…

Btw, Love the name of these, the Brandywine Falls.

04EADB6D-E305-46DD-9239-8AFABB9A87FE.thumb.jpeg.b504329215e2e162774598e7c343762f.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 17
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Jack and his friends have done it again!  Two of their films have been selected to be shown at the All American High School  Film Festival at a theater on 42nd Street, Manhattan, this coming October.  It is going to be a Red Carpet Affair.  It will also be an ongoing weekend of films and workshops for the kids.   We are so excited for him, and naturally, very proud of his accomplishments.😊

Congratulations to Jack!  How exciting that it is to be shown at a theatre on 42nd Street too.  Will you be walking the red carpet with your grandson?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 10:43 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Real busy with work, going through a significant change that I can talk about later.  Last three weeks have been hectic to say the least and I think the next month or so will be the similar.  I've been able to catch up the last few days. 

When does your son start University?  That’s a significant change when you become empty nesters

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not a fan either, but I found a cocktail that makes Campari drinkable, at least for me...The Enzoni.  Muddle green grapes, add gin, Campari, a little lemon juice, and some simple syrup.  It tones down the Campari bitterness nicely.  It's one of those drinks that I wasn't sure that I liked while I was drinking it, so I had to make a second one to be sure.   😁

I will have to try that. The Aperol Spritz is the official cocktail of Europe but I haven’t been able to embrace.

10 hours ago, dbancroft said:

The nda is not stopping other people from posting pics. Hopefully we will see you in the movie.

Screenshot_20240719_142433_Chrome.jpg

Yes it confusing what is allowed and not. I will play it safe but I would like to post more. I did not take my phone in the first shoot. I did notice a lot of other people taking pics but I didn’t want to be “that guy.”

6 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Well, my mood has significantly improved.....I just printed out my SetSail Pass for Serenade OTS .😁🥂

I live vicariously through you!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

After hearing about this bombing, I told Jim I wished I knew where you live. 

Thank you, Maryann 😘 We live in Herzliya, a town located 10 miles north of Tel Aviv. Hopefully, this attack was one off 😢

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Congratulations to Jack!  How exciting that it is to be shown at a theatre on 42nd Street too.  Will you be walking the red carpet with your grandson?

@Luckynana

+ 1  👍

Speaking of skeletons... Don't know if they "qualify" for Halloween 😉

[pic taken in Sydney, NS]

image.thumb.jpeg.4a426a5152cf06273a3e33778445a565.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

When does your son start University?  That’s a significant change when you become empty nesters

His marks this year averaged to be 90%.  He can apply later this year/early next year, so in theory he can start September 2025. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I will have to try that. The Aperol Spritz is the official cocktail of Europe but I haven’t been able to embrace.

My daughter loves an Aperol Spritz.  She spent some time in Northern Italy and that was what EVERYONE seemed to drink, at least in the summer.  I think Aperol is a little less bitter than Campari, but I'm not sure.  If you want to try a twist on the Enzoni, make a Garibaldi instead.  It's similar to an Enzoni but with Rye instead of Gin.  I haven't tried it (yet).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It’s cold & windy here in Sydney today.  We are off to see “Le Aerial” at the Sydney Opera House tonight.  No photos permitted.

Last time I saw an aerial show was on the Rhapsody, over 10 years ago.  Do any Royal ships do aerial shows these days?

Oasis class ships have the water shows and aerial shows too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is 73°F but cloudy now at 15.23pm.

At lunchtime we got these Fish fingers rolls and hot drinks and looked out to the North sea.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day and weekend.

IMG_20240720_115206.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Visiting my childhood home

Brant Point Light welcoming me back

20240720_083616.thumb.jpg.be94be7f3bc0e711656b717d941b4b63.jpg

20240720_084740.thumb.jpg.46a6decdf2548b00142cde4c8286d3c5.jpg

Looks so pretty.
A colleague of mine owns a cottage there and I love seeing her pictures.

Enjoy OB. Post some pictures.

• Like 3