Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should follow your doctor's advice. That is why you have him. I really need to stay out of medically related issues on these boards. Sometimes I just can't stop myself.

He didn’t really tell me when I should start. He said as long as I take them in the short term like for a cruise he thought I should be fine. @George C said he took his a couple days in. I am thinking of just starting on day 1 of my cruise. Thank you as always for your advice and input.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should follow your doctor's advice. That is why you have him. I really need to stay out of medically related issues on these boards. Sometimes I just can't stop myself.

So very professional!!!!

And. 

The way it should be. 

Not that you would need anyone else’s approval. But just recognizing the excellent standards you follow. 

Thank you. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think we all appreciate your input.  It gives me prospective.  Please don’t stop commenting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

He didn’t really tell me when I should start. He said as long as I take them in the short term like for a cruise he thought I should be fine. @George C said he took his a couple days in. I am thinking of just starting on day 1 of my cruise. Thank you as always for your advice and input.

@Sea Dog, I don't remember which diuretic you're going to be taking, but want to advise you to keep an eye on your blood pressure.  When standing up, stand in place for a few seconds before starting to walk away from the chair/bed.  If your blood pressure is going to drop and make you woozy, you want to be right beside the chair/bed so you can sit down right away, not in the middle of the room.  

And depending on which medication you're taking, you might need to increase your potassium intake or restrict your potassium intake while you're taking the med.  

(Like OB, I have trouble not giving advice when I can help someone out.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Fantastic game , congratulations Seadog, could not have been closer . Even though Bills games are on national tv a lot , i bought the nfl ticket from YouTube so we don’t need to go to bar for any Bills games. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

@Sea Dog, I don't remember which diuretic you're going to be taking, but want to advise you to keep an eye on your blood pressure.  When standing up, stand in place for a few seconds before starting to walk away from the chair/bed.  If your blood pressure is going to drop and make you woozy, you want to be right beside the chair/bed so you can sit down right away, not in the middle of the room.  

And depending on which medication you're taking, you might need to increase your potassium intake or restrict your potassium intake while you're taking the med.  

(Like OB, I have trouble not giving advice when I can help someone out.)

Great advice and will take that in account . I want to be pro active.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Fantastic game , congratulations Seadog, could not have been closer . Even though Bills games are on national tv a lot , i bought the nfl ticket from YouTube so we don’t need to go to bar for any Bills games. 

I love Jamar Jackson. He’s a great quarterback. Chiefs got the win even though it could have gone the other way. Going to be a long season and anything can happen.

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Thank goodness I was drinking Old fashioned’s with Demerara syrup and Havana and Hyde Bitters. Great cocktail but 8 know it’s going to be a long season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, George C said:

Very nerve wracking but with the help of a few old Fashioned’s I persevered.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 4:43 PM, jagsfan said:

@dani negreanu

it’s Mimi. I had to come and give my deepest sympathy for the loss of the 6 Israeli hostages. It was such an inhumane thing to do, and words can’t describe the horror. 
I’m still praying for peace and the end of the suffering on both sides. 
I am so sad for the families of the hostages. Maybe this tragedy will somehow bring an end to this war. 
Stay safe, Dani. 
on a personal note, I am still confined to bed and wheelchair. I’m having therapy twice a week, and am learning to stand up at the walker from my wheelchair. 
seems so easy, but I’m only allowed to put 30% of my weight on my still healing leg, and my other leg won’t hold me up, so it’s a little depressing. 
The 13th I go for X-rays again to see how much my femur has healed. It will be the four month anniversary of my fall. 
I’m hoping that my orthopedist will say I can move to 60%. 
It’s hard not to step down on my leg, which has always been my stronger leg, so I’m concentrating on that, on using my knees to stand up, and to get my hands on the walker without pulling it over…I’m a mess! 
I’m aiming for at least being on the walker by my granddaughter’s wedding Dec 14. That would be 7 months after I fell. 
Tge good thing is that I was healthy for another granddaughter’s wedding May 4. 
it was 9 days later that I took a step that wasn’t there!

Here’s Dick and me after the wedding. I’m so grateful it happened 9 days after instead of 9 days before!

I miss you all and will be back when I have my life back!

IMG_1695.jpeg

Beautiful picture Mimi, I love the colour of your dress. I hope you get good news soon about more weight bearing on your leg.  You gave a great fighting spirit and good things to look forward too with your granddaughters wedding in Dec. Stay strong 💪 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Like me and dress code threads. 😉

• Haha 12

Made it to Boston yesterday.   4 gate changes and 2 delayed flights made for a really long day.  Right behind the hotel we found a great brew pub for a very late dinner.  Hobo King.  Yippee.

Today we explore via the trolley.  We can see the ships from our room.

20240906_075408.thumb.jpg.2710b7ab0e34dc2a925644dc93bf5c7a.jpg

• Like 21

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I love Jamar Jackson. He’s a great quarterback. Chiefs got the win even though it could have gone the other way. Going to be a long season and anything can happen.

Both teams looked really good.  I'm nervous for the Bills this year.  Lots of very good competition in the AFC.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Dani @dani negreanu.

I hope you are safe and well.

It is read a book day today and Pauline is reading,crying and telling me the story in this book which is heartbreaking.

IMG_20240906_133426.jpg

Tova Friedman and her family came to the US in 1950.She graduated Brooklyn College with a degree in Psychology.

This book in my opinion should be read by everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Hopefully this is the last hoop to be officially florida. Changed drivers license ok, insurance cheaper her. Got rid of their progresso thing that plugs into your steering wheel, that says I brake too hard. Have to send it back before sept 21. My cruise leaves sept 13, hope I get their little bag to send it back. 

Title for car and license plates got me. I was told by the nice lady who did my license just bring my title and proof of florida insurance. All my papers for my car didnt make it in the move. None. Some things didnt arrive. Have to move on. Sent for a new title and texas sent it back. Instead of original date it has the date as date I requested the duplicate title. Whoa there, we need proof you owned the car more than 6 months. So I went home and pulled up emails from the nissan dealer from the salesman and nissan thank you for purchasing you nissan here. Work orders, and receipts addressed to me by name with the VIN # of my car. Yes of course proof of insurance going back. Oh we need the exact date you purchased the car, and the sales receipt. The dealership changed hands and all older paperwork was erased off their computers and stored at dallas dodge. Dallas dodge phone system says press 0 for operator and then repeats the same in a loop. I've pressed 2 for sales, a few times managed to get transferred to financial and their mailboxes are always full and they dont answer. I've called 30 to 50 times.

The email from the original sale had my salesmans private cell phone number on it. Left him a message he returned. Thank goodness he returned my call and eventually knew someone to call that no one else could do.  Meanwhile I've sent another request to texas same form as before asking if they can send a registration or something with original date, that florida wouldnt take the title they send. But I now have my sales receipt to go back in tomorrow new appointment.

Florida seems like a scam to me. If I had purchased a new car in the last 6 months I have to pay a new sales tax on it??? Even though I paid it to texas? Really? I kept asking if I cant get a copy from 2020 of my sales receipt of buying the car do you really mean the only way to get a new title would be to pay the assessed value of my car sales tax? Yes they kept saying if I couldn't get the sales receipt with the exact date I bought it I had to pay sales tax on my car which only has 24k miles on it. Sales tax I'm assuming would be thousands. It's also $225 extra if you never had a license plate in florida before. This sure seems like a money grab to me. 

I think it's obvious I've had the car, or I wouldn't have nissan receipts for work done addressed to me with my car vin # and proof of insurance all of which they say they cant accept as proof I've owned the car more than 6 months. I call it a scam. Government overreach. So anyone thinking of moving here don't buy a car shortly before you arrive. Florida wants a whole another sales tax paid to them. I would have booked my upcoming cruise b2b but knew I had this to finish. And add in now returning progressives little plug in device has to be mailed back. Let's hope the envelope self mailer comes before sept 13.

So sorry you had to go through this.
When we changed over last year, it was all done in a few hours at the local DMV office. DL, tags/registration and new plate. Yes there was a bit of wait in the office, but nothing that bad. From next year we can do all renewals on line.
Jane, NEVER get those plug ins from insurance companies......it is their way of noting everything to jack up your premiums. Get rid of them.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

LOL! But you and Brillo are the in house professionals and we appreciate your two cents always.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1