Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

We did. Didn’t it have something to do with a seadoo or some type of water activity?

I love the pink color and wasn’t aware of the rash issues.

I believe the ranger said they were related to poison ivy.

However, the ranger could have just been blowing smoke up our butts to get everyone to leave them alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My wife and I got our second Moderna shots a few hours ago. All good so far. 

We are absolutely fine after our second Pfizer shots yesterday. No issues or discomfort at all. :classic_biggrin: Wishing you the same! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s nice to see that Sarah has come through her Covid infection well. Nice to see you out for dinner as well. 

Thank you Andrew.

It was lovely to be out for a meal as our restaurants have been in Lockdown since December 30th until April 12th and seeing our Sarah was amazing for us all.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great news Bob.

I hope neither of you have any side effects.

Still waiting for my second Pfizer jab,I had my first 8 weeks ago.

Graham.

• Like 1

Yay!  Yesterday I booked navigator for 2023, so I’m back to having two cruises in the planner 🙂. So nice to have this one part of my life back to normal.  I’ve never visited LA (only had layovers there on the way to China a few times), so it will be neat to experience a new city & ports.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

DH only had very mild symptoms the first evening (foggy headed).  I had that, and then chills for the second half of the next day.  Oh, and the got “covid arm”- it wasn’t too painful, it just looked weird for a week 🙂. All in all, not that bad!  Hope you guys are symptom free 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, yesterday we woke up to snow on the ground.

Today again, more snow.

Now it was much more concerning today, because 4 of our main freeways that people use to go to work were either closed with delays or slow traffic due to icy conditions and wrecks.

I80 closed.

I 5 bypass multiple wrecks

I680 closed in sections due to wrecks.

711, closed due to wrecks.

The DH left for work 20 min early and arrived a half hour late.

The local news site listed all the closures and gave warnings of the icy roads.

Waiting to head out to the store.

Love where we live, but, the weather did not like us today.

Stay healthy

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today again, more snow.

It's a little better in Southern Ohio.  Here is our driveway at about 10:00 yesterday morning, and again 3 hours later.  Now, it looks like a nice spring day.

dw1.thumb.png.78c88fa337b429cc4a01e39cb9f7a382.png

dw2.thumb.png.ee6c0180d9e07cc2babf5964b546ce23.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today again, more snow.

Now it was much more concerning today, because 4 of our main freeways that people use to go to work were either closed with delays or slow traffic due to icy conditions and wrecks.

I80 closed.

I 5 bypass multiple wrecks

I680 closed in sections due to wrecks.

711, closed due to wrecks.

The DH left for work 20 min early and arrived a half hour late.

The local news site listed all the closures and gave warnings of the icy roads.

Waiting to head out to the store.

Love where we live, but, the weather did not like us today.

Stay healthy

Take care on those icy roads.

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Are you using a different device or browser? I'm not experiencing any posting issues. Maybe the glitch will magically disappear as it appeared. 

This glitch only started a couple of weeks ago.  And only when the post hesitates before it finishes.  

I am using my full laptop to post.  I am Google Chrome.  

Until this stops, I will have to constantly go back to check to be sure it didn't post twice.  Not liking this double vision before happy hour.  😉 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yummy halibut

Gosh yes it was.  The foursome we went fishing with, young wife & husband, father, and grandfather were trying to catch as much as they could to pack and ship back to North Dakota. They limited out.  We were not interested in anything shipped home, just wanted enough to enjoy the two weeks we were up there.  Kept only what we could eat for that time and gave the rest to the grateful family.  

We had Halibut in different ways, almost everyday.  OMG...Sooooo good.  Fresh caught!  Had many Halibut sandwiches too...and "Fish and Chips".  😉  Had full kitchen in the cabin, and nice big deck with grill to use.  

Best way was to grill though, using my homemade marinade sauce.  Bucky was in seventh heaven there.  

20200821_183643.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

This glitch only started a couple of weeks ago.  And only when the post hesitates before it finishes.  

I am using my full laptop to post.  I am Google Chrome.  

Until this stops, I will have to constantly go back to check to be sure it didn't post twice.  Not liking this double vision before happy hour.  😉 

Now I've got the song Double Vision stuck in my head. 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Yay!  Yesterday I booked navigator for 2023, so I’m back to having two cruises in the planner 🙂. So nice to have this one part of my life back to normal.  I’ve never visited LA (only had layovers there on the way to China a few times), so it will be neat to experience a new city & ports.

LA is about an hour (~30miles) from San Pedro (cruise port). 

20 hours ago, George C said:

Love the dolphin encounter in Roatan have done that several times, by far best one we ever tried. 

We love going over to the little island near where the ship docks.  Beach, snorkeling, pool, really nice lunch in a tropical outdoor setting, nice gift shop, changing rooms, and best thing...a rescued animal and bird exhibit.  Fascinating to see them.  They even have a small history museum.  Everything included except the drinks (which are reasonable).  Very clean and well kept.  

Can come back to the ship anytime you want on the half hour.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

LA is about an hour (~30miles) from San Pedro (cruise port). 

Thx!  We’re going to fly in a day or two early, and likely stay in Santa Monica.  Since it’s still so far in the future, I haven’t researched how we’ll get from the hotel to the port yet 🙂

Edited by vacationlover_mn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree on the TP thing. I met her also because of the roll call and the tour that cruise wizard set up.

Ah yes...Gary emailed me when I told him I rebooked the Aussie/TP cruise (which I lost this year) to try again for 2023.  He told me about the Bora Bora tour and gave me the link, info, and names of the tour people.  We are looking forward to it!  

He said his long flight days are over, but will miss doing that TP.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

We love going over to the little island near where the ship docks.  Beach, snorkeling, pool, really nice lunch in a tropical outdoor setting, nice gift shop, changing rooms, and best thing...a rescued animal and bird exhibit.  Fascinating to see them.  They even have a small history museum.  Everything included except the drinks (which are reasonable).  Very clean and well kept.  

Can come back to the ship anytime you want on the half hour.  

Is that Little French Key?  Only been to Roatan once and we did a snorkel excursion, but Little French Key looked like a good alternative.

• Like 1