Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My Gladiator is not a 70s model.  It is a 2020 Rubicon.

46316160-72E2-484E-9E77-401658D2F096.jpeg

4FB74B3B-9414-4529-928F-A1BC861179C0.jpeg

Nice, but I was referring to one of these bad boys.

GMC_Motorhome(04).thumb.JPG.aa5e087336fc64254d6e245d217f2650.JPG

Just for fun, I'd trim it out in NASA colors.

Somehow I don't see the lovely LaLa green lighting my project

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice, but I was referring to one of these bad boys.

GMC_Motorhome(04).thumb.JPG.aa5e087336fc64254d6e245d217f2650.JPG

Just for fun, I'd trim it out in NASA colors.

Somehow I don't see the lovely LaLa green lighting my project

I am thinking that is a definite no go for La La.  I have been in old RVs for a boys golf weekend one time.... there would be no way the lovely Krystal would get near it.

jc

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

I am extremely sure they are delicious and well worth the hit.  But Graham be careful,  if he basted in them statin they wouldn't be Cholesterol free.  He is a denier .  A well respected, kind, and great griller, but still a denier.

Thanks DominoD.

The steaks looked delicious and the first time I had heard of a steak that was cholesterol free.

My cholesterol is low and I'm sure Rory would cook me one if I was in Orlando.😎👍🤣

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am thinking that is a definite no go for La La.  I have been in old RVs for a boys golf weekend one time.... there would be no way the lovely Krystal would get near it.

jc

The GMC was cutting edge when it was made, and amazingly has quite the cult following today. It sure is not for me but there are others that love them. 

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks DominoD.

The steaks looked delicious and the first time I had heard of a steak that was cholesterol free.

My cholesterol is low and I'm sure Rory would cook me one if I was in Orlando.

Graham.

Strangely enough my honey, who had a heart transplant 17 years ago, has the best cholesterol of all of us!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The GMC was cutting edge when it was made, and amazingly has quite the cult following today. It sure is not for me but there are others that love them. 

I saw Canadian plates in the parking lot today, can you come south now?

BTW, saw a lot of custom GMC RV's online.

One was a lifted 6x6, another was gutted from the cab back and turned into a hatcback car hauler.

Edited by John&LaLa

The very rare view of Cocoa Beach looking north. If you look to the east (right for those geographically challenged) you can see the Blue Origin (Jeff Bezos of Amazon fame) launch pad. They will land there as well.

20201019_181248.thumb.jpg.154ca463c608eee4461de28c15194d22.jpg

The sea is angry my friends,  like an old man sending his soup back

20201019_181231.thumb.jpg.2db832208490e1389aac145e1cab7de3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I saw Canadian plates in the parking lot today, can you come south now?

One was a lifted 6x6, another was gutted from the cab back and turned into a hatcback car hauler.

The border is still closed to cars.  I wonder if they  are snowbirds who flew home last year and then flew back leaning their car there.  

• Like 1

I went through my photos to double check if I had some but alas, I didn’t.  I met and talked with a couple different owners who have them. One was owned by a guy who has done a few Power Tours with his and another was a local couple who travel from Ontario to Arizona every winter with theirs, well except for maybe this year.  Their’s was a lime-ish green colour. Thought you’d appreciate that one. 

Found one in the same colour combo. 

B432DDB2-1908-4B4F-B824-2CBFC8A68D53.jpeg.3683b7f5814259229c2040cf1f8ccb1a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or on the humour thread..could go in both I suppose.

A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of the delicious turkey that we had for thanksgiving.  Tonight’s rotisserie chicken did not fare as well.  A combination of errors including leaving the heat too high and letting the drip pan run dry.  Fortunately under this charred mess we were able to salvage enough for dinner.  Kind of fitting for 2020.

DD69A4F8-78A7-4C90-89FF-1242823EF50C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The border is still closed to cars.  I wonder if they  are snowbirds who flew home last year and then flew back leaning their car there.  

Maybe, one of our trivia team members fell into that category. Luckily their car was at their condo in Ft Lauderdale 

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I went through my photos to double check if I had some but alas, I didn’t.  I met and talked with a couple different owners who have them. One was owned by a guy who has done a few Power Tours with his and another was a local couple who travel from Ontario to Arizona every winter with theirs, well except for maybe this year.  Their’s was a lime-ish green colour. Thought you’d appreciate that one. 

Nice, but I'd want white with red and blue stripes, plus a big NASA logo

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or on the humour thread..could go in both I suppose.

A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of the delicious turkey that we had for thanksgiving.  Tonight’s rotisserie chicken did not fare as well.  A combination of errors including leaving the heat too high and letting the drip pan run dry.  Fortunately under this charred mess we were able to salvage enough for dinner.  Kind of fitting for 2020.

DD69A4F8-78A7-4C90-89FF-1242823EF50C.jpeg

I’ve done this before. 

Picture quoted for effect. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Is that what they used in one of my top 10 comedy movies “Meatballs” as the base for the Urban Assault Vehicle?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Is that what they used in one of my top 10 comedy movies “Meatballs” as the base for the Urban Assault Vehicle?

I think you mean Stripes

The GMC Motorhome was a design innovator by not only being a front wheel drive RV, but also featuring dual axle rear wheels. Over 12,000 of these Motorhomes were ultimately built between 1973 and 1978, and there are an estimated 9000 still on the road! Even after a 37 year gap since they were in production, their fuel efficiency compared to other RV’s of similar size and weight has kept them competitive. They came in either 23 or 26 foot lengths and have been restored and repurposed over the years until they’ve been described as that “26-foot, 12,000-pound antique hot rod with plumbing.”

The EM-50 is a fictional military project for an “Urban Assault Vehicle” based on a 1976 GMC Motorhome Palm Beach model. In the movie it’s all tricked out with machine guns, flame throwers, rocket launchers, armor, and a communications and navigation center. Murray and Ramis, plus girlfriends, wander into Czechoslovakia by accident and when their platoon tries to rescue them and are captured by the Russians, the EM-50 armed duo comes to the rescue to much fanfare and acclaim.

84089029_3278950388832452_199508549523472384_o.jpg.6e9598e21a318b106dd3b5253b77617b.jpg

dims.jpg.b7e2520dff29fbc7fbdf2cf975955596.jpg

Close as I'll get, though

14800434216_892bda4687.jpg.e5dfcd6b9e739b109a0f1a72cefc4501.jpg

14379241785_5bfe6b629f_z.jpg.f957791923ebec72a4ba19299bb79399.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve done this before. 

I've done it on the stove. Almost burned the house down. Fire department came because our security system alerted them. 

The only embarrassing part was when my husband came while the department was using the big blowers to get the fumes out. He told the Fire Chief that it wasn't the first time I had done this. (In truth it wasn't even the second.)

I am no longer allowed to put flamable items on the stove.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Domino D said:

Is this a different model?  For sale in Orlando, $29,500, only 75K on the odometer.  

1977 Orlando FL

Is that original interior?

1977_orlando-fl-5.jpg

Yep, that's one. Interiors had lots of shag carpet. They also had slightly different layouts of kitchen and bath. 

I like that they are on the small side and very low to the ground

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1