Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Hes from kentucky, little nothing place, one room schoolhouse. 

My grandfather on my Dad’s side was a Kentucky Coal miner. He picked his foot and moved to Louisville to weld big beams and trusses downtown. 

My grandfather Moms side was a funeral director and builder. He built a lot of homes in Okolona and Fairdale and surrounding areas. The family still owns the funeral homes (Arch L Heady). I even have a street named after me, Rory Way. It’s off Famous Way (how appropriate). 

M8

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My family are from Louisville. Half are UK graduates and the other half are Louisville grads. Some are big boosters at Louisville. 

The Louisville/UK rivalry is real.  The first UK basketball game that I attended was against Louisville at Rupp Arena.  Pitino was still the Louisville coach.  Unbelievable atmosphere.  Being a long time Ohio State fan, I was never really an SEC fan (to put it mildly).  When my daughter went to UK, I started following UK football and paying attention to SEC football in general outside of Bama, GA, FLA, etc.  UK football is an exercise in frustration.  Still, my daughter was a UK dancer so we went to many games.  At least the tailgating was good.

1148333512_UKDance.jpg.222b93762163e7d3810d6be4b2893766.jpg

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

He is a BIG  kentucky fan. 4 or 5 KU hats at least lots and lots of kentucky shirts. They get the extra pay channels so he can watch all the kentucky games.  

I don't think there's such a thing as a little Kentucky fan.  They all bleed blue.  Here's my favorite Kentucky T shirt.  For those who are not SEC fans, the ugly part is Tennessee. 😁

image.png.8c336be914efb79afd282239a4472de8.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My dad turned 102 sept 3rd, mom is 94

Mom and dad, his 102 birthday party last month. 

God Bless your Mom and Dad.  My mother is 87 and had to go into assisted living after suffering a major bout of Pneumonia last November.  She recovered okay, but we felt it was time to have access to medical help at all times.  We were able to get in her in a facility with many of her friends.  Problem is, she is in New York and I live in Georgia.  Can't get in to see her with the Quarantine Rules, but after fearing I would lose her last year, I'm just glad to get to talk to her on the phone. 

• Like 2

Another day in house confinement.  Boring.  My big excursion tomorrow is to go to Costco to purchase hearing aids.  The cost for 2 of them is $3,000.  Thank god our insurance company will reimburse us for the total cost.

• Like 2

Busting my butt last few days. We signed contract to build a new home and list the one we own now. Lot of work to clear out and haul off the junk we keep. Lol

Building a new home so that we have more garage space. 3 car garage not big enough. New plans have 6. We have a Bike addiction. 

Our current garage situation. We had two cars and a Jeep. Now down to just the two cars. I think the Boss would like another 4x4. Maybe a G Wagon since they reduced the turning radius. 

CDB455B4-FFDD-4D64-A7E5-9B2A6E075297.jpeg

F916DD82-8CC7-4EBC-8387-4366B04E5DC5.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, singinalot said:

congratulations on listing! My boss put his house here on the market last Thursday and by Sunday had sold....insane! Fingers crossed for you.

The Realtor said there is a shortage in our area of Estate homes in gated communities, that they typically are off the market in 30 days or less.  We live in Ormond Beach.  We are having a huge influx of people moving here from NY/NJ/CT.  I wonder why (please don’t answer)?

One can never have enough garage space. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The Realtor said there is a shortage in our area of Estate homes in gated communities, that they typically are off the market in 30 days or less.  We live in Ormond Beach.  We are having a huge influx of people moving here from NY/NJ/CT.  I wonder why (please don’t answer)?

M8

House down here in our neighborhood (not gated) are selling very fast.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

Real estate people say the same thing happening here.

I was living in Ct (job relocation) , so when I retired I headed back down here as soon  as i could sell my house.  

When I went to register my cars, I guess I had been gone too long, and had to pay a fee. When  she asked if that was a problem, I told here I paid more than that every year to the town of Manchester Ct for having the cars.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

House down here in our neighborhood (not gated) are selling very fast.  

Too add to this. 

I was born in Miami but more or less grew up in Titusville. After the Army, moved back there and started a family. The Space Center was key. I worked for a bit directly out there but later took a job with an IT company. Best move I made. The point I guess is, Titusville was/is a small quiet town for the most part. You wanted to have some good entertainment/food/shopping, you had to go to Orlando or Melbourne. Now, up here, there are lots of places to go and lots of things to do. 

So, this area, Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, Daytona Beach, Port Orange, NSB, is tops. 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Too add to this. 

I was born in Miami but more or less grew up in Titusville. After the Army, moved back there and started a family. The Space Center was key. I worked for a bit directly out there but later took a job with an IT company. Best move I made. The point I guess is, Titusville was/is a small quiet town for the most part. You wanted to have some good entertainment/food/shopping, you had to go to Orlando or Melbourne. Now, up here, there are lots of places to go and lots of things to do. 

So, this area, Ormond Beach, Holly Hill, Daytona Beach, Port Orange, NSB, is tops. 

I lived in Flagler Beach, Daytona Beach, and Daytona Beach Shores...moved down to Merritt Island from there, staying for 20 years.  Loved it, 145 feet on the water...great for our boats (three of them all on lifts on our dock) and only 5-10 minutes to cruise of out PC.  

Fishing days are behind us now, RV travel came along, so now simply have to drive an additional 20 minutes to the port since we moved to "the swamp" 5 years ago.  😉  Quiet and peaceful out there...love it even more.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Building a new home so that we have more garage space. 3 car garage not big enough. New plans have 6. We have a Bike addiction. 

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

congratulations on listing! My boss put his house here on the market last Thursday and by Sunday had sold....insane! Fingers crossed for you.

one of our life decisions is our plan to move to Florida in 2 years. Hubby wants to upgrade our current 3 car garage to a 6 😉 

So funny, I'm heading the other way.  Trying to convince my wife to go condo.  I want to get rid of most everything.   3 bedrooms, gym in the building, walk to everything, full on urban life.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Domino D said:

So funny, I'm heading the other way.  Trying to convince my wife to go condo.  I want to get rid of most everything.   3 bedrooms, gym in the building, walk to everything, full on urban life.  

We downsized quite drastically as well.  No longer needed the big house on the water, that needs constant tender loving care...once we retired and started traveling so much.  Though...the cruising life got cut short...  😞   We are

finding other ways to travel until then.  

• Like 2