Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We just booked this AM the Celebrity Edge for 6/26 - our 48 th anniversary celebration................and then extend it for the 7/3 & 10 cruises too. They just made a port change - San Juan is out - Nassau is the replacement.............BOOOOOO!!!!!

I promise to post here what our experiences are for the first ship sailing out of the USA. You will read the Good, Bad and the Ugly (hope that it is a GOOD)!!!!!

I just finished watching a youtube Celebriy Edge ship tour.  I was very impressed!  Decor is very elegant.  One of the larger suites is 2500 sq ft.  That's larger than my first house.

Yes, please post your experiences and have smooth sails. 

• Like 2

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

So, it looks sort of like a homemade version of the street food they sold in Budapest when we spent 5 nights there back in 2014.  the baked it on a cone over a fire.  We bought two or 3 while we were there.  It was sort of like a cinnamon roll, but not, no icing.  There is a street vendor here that sells them at a farmer’s market. 

Not sure it is the same thing, but it looks somewhat similar.  

Sounds interesting

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@A&L_Ont made another great video using Chesney's song "Bar at the End of the World.

Yes, it is a great video and song. I think @A&L_Ont and I have both posted on this subject before!!

We need to get back to cruising and back to hearing Kenny Chesney in person!  😉

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just finished watching a youtube Celebriy Edge ship tour.  I was very impressed!  Decor is very elegant.  One of the larger suites is 2500 sq ft.  That's larger than my first house.

2500sq ft is bigger than our current house, we do have a royal suite on another celebrity cruise in July it is 500 sq ft and a 200 sq ft balcony with a hot tub and we get a butler.

• Like 1

Just now, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, if she signs up for the bella cruise, I'm not talking to her.

How will you know?  I would actually book the Bella cruise if I knew I could find out before she found out (who I am) who she was.  I would think it might be the best 20 minute conversation of my life, talking to her and her “posse”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have found heaven, and maybe retiring from cruises… at least between April and October. 

Just have to move the pool fence and add some electrical power. We have tons of yard space and Lisa would always know where I am. LOL, this has to be a cheaper option than being a Pinnacle Cruiser. 😂😳

7EB5CD3D-3ADB-4824-AF37-41AE97D0D3AC.thumb.jpeg.2141b020b51b3925d7235abd5d3a11a1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I am on the edge of becoming a Canadian.... let me know when it is installed, and me and my future Airstream International 23FB may have just found a new place to park in the summer.  Could you have them dig a septic for us to hook into and if you could install a 30 amp pedestal and have a hydrant nearby, I will clean your windows every spring.  Other than that we are good.  Although a concrete pad would be nice too, but I can make do with some compacted gravel.

Your best friend for life you never knew you had.

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Caribbean really is a special place. I never understand the people who make comments like once you've seen one of the islands you've seen them all. Each of them is special in its own way.

I always find peace when I'm down there.

That's because you're Ocean Boy.

Man Jumping during Sunset on a Beach

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am on the edge of becoming a Canadian.... let me know when it is installed, and me and my future Airstream International 23FB may have just found a new place to park in the summer.  Could you have them dig a septic for us to hook into and if you could install a 30 amp pedestal and have a hydrant nearby, I will clean your windows every spring.  Other than that we are good.  Although a concrete pad would be nice too, but I can make do with some compacted gravel.

Your best friend for life you never knew you had.

jc

LOL… We already have an auxiliary septic tank for camper trailers at the red arrow. There is a water hydrant on the side of the barn and power can come from the garage. We can even set a large propane cylinder on the generator pad beside the tank. Now if Lucy would get along with your dog we are set. 

Not sure which way to install it though, sideways or lengthways. Lengthways means diving board gets turfed.🤷‍♂️  

Just need to get Lisa on side. 😂

3A378BA9-5253-485A-88C8-E1A12CA17B86.thumb.jpeg.6222e6ea46bee4e58c72a71fe3d1631f.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The video may be the same one that I showed my wife..............it looks beautiful. We are expecting a different vibe and experience - it is nice for a change of scenery. Stay tuned for some insights from boarding to debarkation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

O, and your wifi password!

thanks BFF and you will not regret this in any way!

We have a wifi extension into the garage and there is digital TV out here. You wife is going to wonder, where are we going for 4 months.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Might cost you a few purses for her collection.

Yes, yes it would. Camper parking fee… payment by purse. Literally. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looking for some advice.  I started looking at cruises for Feb/March 2022. My preference would be be a 9, 10 or 11 nighter out of FL, but not sure those longer cruises will be happening? So thinking about a B2B with a 7 night + 3 or 4 night.  How do you make the timing of this work since 7 nts are Sat/Sat or Sun/Sun, 3 nts are Fri/Sat/Sun, 4 nts are Mon/Fri.  I assume just add hotel nights where needed but wanted to see if there are any other tricks.  What better place to ask than CC?!

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Caribbean really is a special place. I never understand the people who make comments like once you've seen one of the islands you've seen them all. Each of them is special in its own way.

I always find peace when I'm down there.

OK...why is this in my head now?  I love this song!!  🤗

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looking for some advice.  I started looking at cruises for Feb/March 2022. My preference would be be a 9, 10 or 11 nighter out of FL, but not sure those longer cruises will be happening? So thinking about a B2B with a 7 night + 3 or 4 night.  How do you make the timing of this work since 7 nts are Sat/Sat or Sun/Sun, 3 nts are Fri/Sat/Sun, 4 nts are Mon/Fri.  I assume just add hotel nights where needed but wanted to see if there are any other tricks.  What better place to ask than CC?!

I'm the last one to give advice with my limited cruise knowledge but can you stretch things and go for a 7 night b2b?  No packing and unpacking a 2nd time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I am booked on the new Rhapsody out of Tampa, B2B Feb/March 2022...or so I think I am!  😮 

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm the last one to give advice with my limited cruise knowledge but can you stretch things and go for a 7 night b2b?  No packing and unpacking a 2nd time.

I am booked on quite a few of them, first one starting November 28th on Harmony.  Hopefully.