Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't stand celery mixed into lobster meat. In fact, I don't like celery... AT ALL.

I bought celery today , I make bloody Marys every Sunday and wife likes celery in her drink 😁

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last week I was at our local shoprite and was pleasantly surprised that no masks were required for vaccinated customers.    It was probably a 50/50 or 60/40 mix of people with masks off/on.    Employees still have to mask up but the cashier said by end of June that will probably stop too.    

I'm staying at LBI, NJ and noone is wearing masks anywhere here.   We got here Saturday and I think I saw 5 people with masks on.     Great to see everyone smiling 🤩

My wife was in a grocery store today and said there was a sign on the door reading that people totally vaccinated do not have to wear masks.She said about 50 % of the customers were wearing masks as well as nearly all the employees.One of the cashiers said that he will continue to wear a mask because nobody from the store is asking for proof of vaccinations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

like someone else and raisins😇

At least with celery you can make it appealing in a Caesar or with Cheese Wiz.  However, if you put ants on that cheese log nothing can mask it. 🤢

D08334F4-2A01-4225-AF50-4794F886A9FE.jpeg.afb3dd82b8a75c278c2e4979b6dfcd92.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

I bought celery today , I make bloody Marys every Sunday and wife likes celery in her drink 😁

We've been drinking a lot more bloody Mary's too. :classic_biggrin: It is nice to sit out on the deck and enjoy one. :classic_biggrin:

And how are we going to follow the house construction? :classic_sad:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2021 at 6:49 AM, M8VER3 said:

I just wanted to add, not sure when the last time you were there, there used to be an Orange Grove at the Southend of the runway. Last time I rode by, they had cleared the area, no more Orange Trees. Not sure what the plans are for that lot/area. 

It’s been about 12 years, but I don’t remember an orange grove. Guess I missed it.

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

Just from an interest standpoint, today I almost fainted upon entering a local ShopRite supermarket in Northern New Jersey. This is only 18 miles from Manhattan. There was a sign on the door that masks were not required per New Jersey guidelines/law for vaccinated individuals. 

No political or medical comments in this beautiful thread, please. 💙

No political or medical comments here. Just wanted to say I miss ShopRite.  Great store.  Used to shop at the one in Montvale when I lived in Tappan, NY., and the one in New City when we moved there. 

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 8:21 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

I haven’t been posting much, but have been trying to keep up. We’ve just been unbelievably busy since retuning from FL. Primarily, getting some landscaping done and trying to piece together some pool furniture.  We visited two porch & patio furniture stores and both quoted  at least 12-16 weeks to get anything we order.  For now, we found a table at Lowe’s, but no chairs. I stumbled across chairs at Bed, Bath & Beyond of all places  - good quality actually - had to visit 3 stores to get the 10 I wanted (6 for table & 4 for fire pit).  Waiting on lounge chairs which should be delivered this week 🤞
Then yesterday was a long overdue visit to my MIL in Albany, so 3 hours up, 5 hour visit and 3 hours back. 
Today we have our first pool/cookout day with the kids/grandkids.

Right now I’m off to bake chocolate chip cookies with my oldest grandson (10) via FaceTime.  They live in PA, he loves to cook & we started doing this once in a while during lockdown. 

Have you tried Sams, Costco or Bj’s? We got 2 nice sets from Sam’s. Nice quality and the sets we got are made with aluminum so they won’t rust and covered in the all-weather wicker.

Edited by ReneeFLL

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So Mrs. Tipton,  how long does it take you to cook your grits?

The first time I saw My Cousin Vinny on TV, my husband was on a business trip and my daughter, probably 7-8 or so was asleep.  When Vinnie walked into the courtroom wearing that brown tuxedo I laughed so hard out loud I sounded tortured.  I can't believe it didn't wake up my daughter.  I can see that movie over and over again and still laugh.  By the way it was Mr. Tipton who made his non- instant grits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:48 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Do you still fly?  I’m thinking of taking it up again. I only got to about 10 hours in a 152 before running out of daylight during the week (dark going to work, dark coming home from work). I stopped taking lessons and never took it up again. That was about 30 years ago 🤣. There’s an airport about 5 minutes from my house now and the idea of fly ins and couple day trips sounds intriguing. Maybe I’ll play with Flight Simulator for a while and see if this is just a temporary itch to be scratched. 

I haven’t flown in about 10 years. Maybe I’ll take it up again someday.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:28 AM, mo&fran said:

I still have my license in my wallet, I guess I am proud of it.  Probably shouldn't since in 1977, the FAA used your SSN as you license number. 

They still did in 1998 when I got mine. I could have had it changed, but never got around to it. Not sure if they still use SSN or not. 

On 6/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, bobmacliberty said:

You never know when you’ll be flying in a 767 and there will be an announcement that both pilots have suffered food poisoning and they need someone with a pilots license to land the plan. 😜

That’s why pilots can’t eat the same meal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Here are two pictures. One shows my DD with her fiancé. The other shows the table centerpieces. We were able to celebrate with a combined total of 52 family/friends. Great time. 

7BC35F81-6334-4F92-9744-9FCA2F2695B7.jpeg

48C55250-C83D-4382-8AE2-C0C404FC794F.jpeg

Beautiful couple and lovely centerpieces.   Looking forward to pictures in July!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

I really don't care for celery at all.  I only buy it when I make chicken soup.  I never put it in tuna salad. I also hate raisins.  I once took a huge bite out of an oatmeal raisin cookie thinking it was chocolate chip.  What a rude awakening that was!

Good night, friends. Hope your sleep is restful and that you wake up to a sunny tomorrow.

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I don't get the attraction to pay extra for sitting in a bubble.  Isn't it better to sit in an enclosed glassed in area that's part of the restaurant? OR sit outdoors when the weather is enjoyable?

Different strokes........

They were popular here in the UK during the cold weather.  I agree I don't see the point in warm weather, but our weather is not  reliable even in the Summer 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Here are two pictures. One shows my DD with her fiancé. The other shows the table centerpieces. We were able to celebrate with a combined total of 52 family/friends. Great time. 

Lovely photos.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

By the way it was Mr. Tipton who made his non- instant grits.

I know, but since I was replying to a female I changed it for effect.😊

I don't know how many times I have seen the movie. It never gets old.😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I really don't care for celery at all.  I only buy it when I make chicken soup.  I never put it in tuna salad. 

Nope, I will not eat tuna salad with celery. What a way to ruin it.

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Beautiful!!! It appears like the Bride & Groom (to be) are ready for a cruise............that would be a great honeymoon!!!!

• Like 1