APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

On 5/15/2020 at 10:55 AM, cautery said:

Had Carnival refunded my money in the time frame THEY quoted on the written cancellation confirmation THEY provided, I would not have been deprived of the deferred interest terms on the $1532.90.  For me, that means a loss of several hundred dollars that is UNRECOVERABLE.

Wow,  lol,  I'm not disputing your point of view but I would like to know where you do your banking !!!   "Several hundred dollars in interest lost on $1,532. "   That would be a great place to bank !!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doctorsbaby said:

I was scheduled in the 5/25 Sunrise out of NYC. I received the cancellation notice 4/13. That day I went online and cancelled my steakhouse reservation & Half Moon Cay Cabana. I also used the online form to request a full refund. 

We too were on the 5/25 Sunrise out of NYC.  I called my PVP to cancel and she told me to cancel through the email.  I did that but I called a week later at the Carnival 800#.  They said they did not get my cancellation through the email.  So the Carnival rep took the info and canceled it for me.  Still waiting for the refund.  Hopefully, should get it soon?

7 hours ago, Doctorsbaby said:

I was scheduled in the 5/25 Sunrise out of NYC. I received the cancellation notice 4/13. That day I went online and cancelled my steakhouse reservation & Half Moon Cay Cabana. I also used the online form to request a full refund. 

So far, I have received my dining & excursion refund. They had a transaction date of 4/14 with a posting date of 5/14 & 5/15. 

We were supposed to be on the same cruise. We cancelled 3/9 and got our refund a few days ago, so hopefully yours will be coming soon.

My cruise was June 9th to Alaska. Officially canceled by Carnival on April 1st. Filled out the online form the same day. Received over 14k this evening on my credit card.  Refunds for cruise fare and excursions for all 3 cabins 🙂

Cruise Date 6/7/2020 out of San Juan on Fascination

Cancelled cruise on 4/12/2020 (the day before Carnival made the second batch of cancellations)

Last night, 5/17/2020, refunds for shore excursions.  

I didn't specifically cancel the shore excursions first, they automatically did when I cancelled the cruise.  Still no refunds for cruise fare, taxes, or gratuities.  I really don't understand why they can refund shore excursions but not the cruise fare.  Maybe it's because the funds for shore excursions are in an escrow account to give to the excursion operators?  If that's the case, are they just holding out as long as they can to raise the cash for refunds?  Whatever, I'll pay off the rest of my new non-cruising vacation with this refund and wait impatiently like everyone else.  

6 minutes ago, 8920 said:

Cruise Date 6/7/2020 out of San Juan on Fascination

Cancelled cruise on 4/12/2020 (the day before Carnival made the second batch of cancellations)

Last night, 5/17/2020, refunds for shore excursions.  

I didn't specifically cancel the shore excursions first, they automatically did when I cancelled the cruise.  Still no refunds for cruise fare, taxes, or gratuities.  I really don't understand why they can refund shore excursions but not the cruise fare.  Maybe it's because the funds for shore excursions are in an escrow account to give to the excursion operators?  If that's the case, are they just holding out as long as they can to raise the cash for refunds?  Whatever, I'll pay off the rest of my new non-cruising vacation with this refund and wait impatiently like everyone else.  

Mine is the opposite. I received my refund for cruise fare, taxes and gratuities. I have not received the refund for shore excursions, internet and specialty dining. 

Just received my cruise fare refund. Radiance sailing 8/31. Carnival cancelled this cruise sometime in March (when they cancelled all Radiance sailings thru November) and I filled out the online form that I wanted a refund. I made some small Cruise Cash purchases that still need to be refunded.

3 minutes ago, 8920 said:

In reading over all of these posts since I cancelled, I think I've figured out what their pattern is for issuing refunds. 

There absolutely isn't one.  

My guess (and it is absolutely a guess) is that they have a team assigned to each ship and they are processing the refunds by sailing date. Or you could be right, there isn't a method to their madness.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

My guess (and it is absolutely a guess) is that they have a team assigned to each ship and they are processing the refunds by sailing date. Or you could be right, there isn't a method to their madness.

I was suppose to be on the Carnival Legend today with a sail date of May 16 😞 . My cruise was canceled around April 1ish. I am still waiting for my cruise refund and shore excursion refund 😞

Edited by shof515

Hi all, just looking for some guidance before I attempt to call Carnival.  I received a refund posted to my credit card today for a portion of my 4/16 cruise but I cannot determine what the total represents.  On 4/2 a Carnival rep called me to make sure I knew my cruise was canceled and to process a refund.  I had already submitted the form online too.  The amount that is showing on the cancellation letter of 4/2 was reduced for the cancellation fee but the representative told me not to worry about that since I would get the full reimbursement.  The cancellation letter does not say how much the cancellation fee is though and its not an even number (like $50).  She said that the port fees and taxes would be reimbursed separately and could take 90 days.  Should I wait to see if I get the remaining refund later including the cancellation fee (is this happening to anyone else) or should I call?  I read through this thread and did not see another post similar to my situation.  

Hi all, I received the "penalty assessment" refund amount on my credit card statement today.  I paid $2,023.20 for the cruise and the refund was $1,276.  This was processed by a Carnival rep who called me on 4/2 to make sure I knew my 4/16 cruise was canceled.  Since I did not receive a full refund I called Carnival and the rep answered immediately.  The representative was rude right out of the gate the second I said the word refund and did not want to even hear my question.  She kept talking over me like I was an idiot and trying to tell me I had received a full refund (was still due back another $747.20) and after  going around and around with her doing the math, she finally understood what I was asking.  The remaining refund still needs to be processed but honestly, I don't think it was even in the works until I called.  She was just intent on telling me over and over "90 days to process".  I submitted the cancellation form on 3/30 (the day they became available) and she could see that the refund was processed on 4/15.  But for some reason, they did not process all of it at once.  Be careful and check your totals and statements to make sure you get the full amount that is due back.  In her system, it showed I had been fully taken care of when I was not.  

• Like 1

We  were  scheduled  to  cruise  out  of  New  York  on  the  Sunrise  on  September  28. The  cruise  was  canceled on April 13th. I  submitted the form  they sent  for  the  refund .I received  it  today. I had not  paid   the  final payment  as  it  was  not due  til June 30th.

Our cruise was scheduled for 5/25.  On April 14, we rescheduled the cruise for October, but had been waiting on refunds from our shore excursions and social media package.  I got my refund for our shore excursions yesterday, but still have not received a refund for the social media package.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:03 AM, sparks1093 said:

This is the most plausible idea I have read. Thank you for sharing. Based on this idea, I probably won’t see a refund until August as our July cruise was cancelled a few weeks ago. Still no refund from Carnival for the cruise or drink and spa packages which are separate accounts according to the rep I spoke to upon cancellation. 

On 5/16/2020 at 6:23 PM, charmed101 said:

Wow,  lol,  I'm not disputing your point of view but I would like to know where you do your banking !!!   "Several hundred dollars in interest lost on $1,532. "   That would be a great place to bank !!

maybe a loan shark

We received our refunds for OBC and difference between a suite we had booked on the original cruise and the cabin we rebooked for 6-22-21. Cancelled cruise was the Miracle 6-20-20. Refund date shows as 4-7-20 on our credit card. 

Cheers, Denise  

Well here is part of my theory.  They have been doing some processing all along but just didn't submit for payment.  There were little to no refunds for several weeks and now many people are reporting refunds either partial or total. 

Something tells me they were sitting on many of the refunds until just recently.  I mean everyone saying they hadn't received a refund and then a large number reporting they have now received it.  If it was because of the volume of refunds some should have been being done all along.  Then suddenly all kinds of refunds!  They sure did pick up their ability to process suddenly. 

• Like 2

On April 1st I received notification from Carnival that my September cruise on the Radiance was cancelled.  Since I booked this cruise through a travel agent, I contacted her and told her I wanted a refund.  I received my refund yesterday. I had only paid a portion of the cruise.  I spoke with some of my friends that paid for their cruise via credit card to see if they received their refunds as well and they did.  

4 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

Well here is part of my theory.  They have been doing some processing all along but just didn't submit for payment.  There were little to no refunds for several weeks and now many people are reporting refunds either partial or total. 

Something tells me they were sitting on many of the refunds until just recently.  I mean everyone saying they hadn't received a refund and then a large number reporting they have now received it.  If it was because of the volume of refunds some should have been being done all along.  Then suddenly all kinds of refunds!  They sure did pick up their ability to process suddenly. 

If they're anything like the accounting department at my employer, they may not have had enough laptops with the appropriate software for everyone in accounting to work from home. It took several weeks for our accounting staff to be able to fully function and process reimbursements, some payroll functions, etc. It took time to get everyone laptops with the correct software installed and have IT set everyone up for VPN access. It would make sense that Carnival wasn't processing refunds for a few weeks if they were having to go through this process.

For some good news, I called Carnival today to find out how much $ I had in FCC (I had already gotten all of the cash refunds I was expecting and I completely lost count of the FCC) and they said I have almost $1,000 in FCC. I asked how long I have to use it and the rep told me that I have until December 2022, but they they could refund it to me now if I would prefer. I wasn't expecting that, but, sure, I'll take cash!