APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

9 hours ago, Enigmalady777 said:

I haven't read this entire thread (so many pages by now) but skimmed through the first few pages, a few in the middle and the more recent pages.  My question is this - I have had two cruises (April 6 and July 6) now canceled by Carnival. The second one was a rebook for the first canceled one.  My total refund is $8,700 which includes the shore excursions. 

Anyone know how they are handling refunds if the credit card used doesn't have much of a balance left on it? I used my Carnival Master Card to purchase everything (originally booked back in October) and subsequently paid off the card several times (only used it to get the fun points).  If they process my $8,700 refund to the "original" form of payment,  It will payoff the $2,200.00 balance I have on that card and I will end up with a massive $6,000.00 CREDIT balance on the card. Anyone in a similar situation?

Yes, I never carry a balance so my refund left both my credit cards with credits (approx $200 and $800). I am just going to continue using my cards as normal since I use them for all purchases and that will eventually use up the credit.

With an amount as big as yours, I would call the credit card and ask them to send you a check. Most of them will.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:14 AM, yearlycruiser2012 said:

We had a cruise booked for June 2nd a Transatlantic from New York.  It was cancelled by Carnival on April 1st, filled out form right away  for full refund.  Today 5/19 we received everything but the deposit, hoping that is soon to come.

We were also supposed to be on that cruise (and the one after it). We got a refund today but not quite all of it. Did you get a breakdown of what they refunded? We booked air, excursions ands insurance through them. I don't know what they didn't refund since I didn't see any breakdown

We were also supposed to be on that cruise (and the one after it). We got a refund today but not quite all of it. Did you get a breakdown of what they refunded? We booked air, excursions ands insurance through them. I don't know what they didn't refund since I didn't see any breakdown

We did end up receiving the full amount for the cruise, forgot that we had used another card for the deposit.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jfaaborg said:

anyone taking the refund in FCC, and OBC they are offering for future cruises?

We did think about it but given all of the uncertainty opted for a refund. We are eyeing a cruise at the end of August but will probably wait a couple of months before we book it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Enigmalady777 said:

I haven't read this entire thread (so many pages by now) but skimmed through the first few pages, a few in the middle and the more recent pages.  My question is this - I have had two cruises (April 6 and July 6) now canceled by Carnival. The second one was a rebook for the first canceled one.  My total refund is $8,700 which includes the shore excursions. 

Anyone know how they are handling refunds if the credit card used doesn't have much of a balance left on it? I used my Carnival Master Card to purchase everything (originally booked back in October) and subsequently paid off the card several times (only used it to get the fun points).  If they process my $8,700 refund to the "original" form of payment,  It will payoff the $2,200.00 balance I have on that card and I will end up with a massive $6,000.00 CREDIT balance on the card. Anyone in a similar situation?

I have had refunds on a few cards (not from this cancellation) and, in two cases after a few months, the credit card companies sent checks.  Maybe this would have been expedited had I called and requested a check.

I called Carnival on March 24 and requested a refund for my April 19 cruise because I’m Canadian and the borders were closed. I was told by the agent that a refund request had been issued. So I’ve waited patiently for 2 months. Today I ran out of patience when I started seeing that people were getting refunds for May cruises. When I called, they told me I was given an fcc! So, long story short, they rectified that and I am now getting a refund but they won’t tell me how long. I told them it’s not my fault they screwed up 2 months ago (I have name of the person I spoke to) and I shouldn’t be put at the bottom of the queue. I am not impressed with carnival. She told me several times that I’m one of a million people. I am aware of that which is why I waited two months. Anyways, I told them if I don’t have it in 30 days I’m starting a credit card chargeback. I’m guessing they don’t care but I’m pissed. They owe me $3200! It should not take this long to issue refunds. 

Edited by ifihadamilliondollars

On 5/19/2020 at 7:35 PM, mommy2tati said:

4/1 : Canceled 4/25 cruise over the phone

5/15 : Received cruise fare, taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities

5/19 : Received shore excursions refund

Still waiting on fun shop purchases. 

Just got my refund for fun shop purchases. That is my entire refund. My next cruise is on the Mardi Gras June 2021 (hopefully} and my daughter and I are very much looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

On 3/13 cancelled 4/19 cruise by phone. Received an email confirmation within a few minutes. Received refund to my credit card yesterday (5/20) dated 3/14. The refund was for cruise fare/taxes/fees and an excursion.

I called sometime in March and opted for the  FCC, but my new booking was almost $800 less so I was told the balance would be refunded to my credit card, along with shore excursions, internet package, spa package etc. 

I was told it would be about 90 days. So I waited patiently, no need to fret and stew, file chargebacks or get frustrated. I got all my refunds now and everything is accounted for, well within the window they told everyone at the beginning of this. Patience is a virtue. 😉

• Like 3

On 5/13/2020 at 8:34 AM, drerickson77 said:

I don't know about that. Our May 9th sailing has yet to be refunded. I'm sure we will get ours eventually.

***UPDATE*** as of this Friday morning (May 22nd). A FULL refund has been credited to the card we used to book the cruise. No class action lawsuit, threats or chargeback disputes needed. 🙂

• Like 4

As of this morning everything has been refunded for our 5-9 cruise.  Canceled on line first and called a week later on April 12th. Started getting refunds on May 12th, May 15th, 3 different cards and 2 people, and then today Cheers came in on Carnival MC.

• Like 2

I must admit, I was very skeptical.  I was prepared to be out thousands of dollars, but I received my refund yesterday. 

All my cards have been refunded and my cc company is sending me a cheque for the credit sitting on my account.

• Like 2

happy for those of you that have received your refunds

our cruise was for April 6th - no refunds, no communication from either TA or Carnival

yet people with cruises after ours have been refunded ??

Just received 2 gift cards from Carnival that total about 75% of a June 19 Norway Fjords Cruise from Dover on the Legend.  Still have balance left of just over a thousand as well as refunds to our CC for Shore Excursions -maybe by next Tuesday after holiday w/e?

Carnival cancelled my May 1 cruise on March 30.  Other than an email notification that it was cancelled, no communications since then.  My cruise fare was spread across my AMEX and BofA cards.

May 21, received $543.01 refund to BofA.

May 22, received $501.00 refund to AMEX.

Total fare, not including things like dining and shore excursion purchases was $3701.46.

I'm totally clueless about what logic they're using with refunds.  I guess I'll just keep adding it up as it keeps coming in and do a sanity check on the numbers a while from now.  Sounds like everyone else has had the same experience and did get a full refund eventually.

An email explaining it would have been nice.

Edited by mk-ultra

On 5/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, Enigmalady777 said:

You'll get a check in the mail from your CC company if you have a substantial negative balance for a while. 

17 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Carnival cancelled my May 1 cruise on March 30.  Other than an email notification that it was cancelled, no communications since then.  My cruise fare was spread across my AMEX and BofA cards.

Total fare, not including things like dining and shore excursion purchases was $3701.46.

I'm totally clueless about what logic they're using with refunds.  I guess I'll just keep adding it up as it keeps coming in and do a sanity check on the numbers a while from now.  Sounds like everyone else has had the same experience and did get a full refund eventually.

When my refunds landed to my credit card, they all were noted as Fun Shop, Excursions, Tkt (ticket?) 

Just now, grandmarnnurse said:

When my refunds landed to my credit card, they all were noted as Fun Shop, Excursions, Tkt (ticket?) 

It was kinda weird.  The refund to my AMEX was coded as "CARNIVAL CRUISE RES MIAMI FL" and my BofA refund was coded as "CARNIVAL - THE FUN SHOPS MIAMI FL".

I'm an idiot.  Finally figured out the $501.00 refund to my AMEX.  AMEX had a "spend $500 or more on a cruise, get a $100 statement credit" that I took advantage of.  😛  I'm sure that'll be clawed back.

June 6th cruise

Canceled by Carnival 4/17

Opted for half of the fare as FCC,with the rest including excursions to be refunded

Almost everything paid by gift card, but $279 on Visa

Received gift cards today for the excursions, taxes, and cruise fare paid by GC

Still waiting for $279 credit on Visa

Edited by Kadeeu
_
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, roxievegas said:

happy for those of you that have received your refunds

our cruise was for April 6th - no refunds, no communication from either TA or Carnival

yet people with cruises after ours have been refunded ??

I would certainly call them as it seems you were skipped over

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Did you indicate to Carnival whether you wanted a refund or FCC? If you didn't make the choice they automatically assume FCC. 

Carnival cancelled my Sep 2020 Radiance cruise out of NYC.  I requested my refund on April 17th.  Today I received my steakhouse and bottled water refund along with $300 of my $900 deposit.  They still need to refund the remaining $600 of the deposit.  I charged everything on the same credit card so I am not sure why I received only $300 of the $900 deposit but at least Carnival is working on it in in a 5 week period so far.