APRIL 6 REFUND THREAD: Have you received your refund?

edl868

A few days ago I received full refund for my 5.9 cruise on the Vista out of Galveston.  There were 12 of us going (6 cabins) and all received their refunds within the last week.  When I canceled I was told it would be up to 90 days so I had a reminder on my calendar to check in mid-June if I hadn't received.     

• Like 1

Hello everyone. First time poster, long time Carnival cruiser (16).  We are waiting patiently for refunds from our April 12th cruise.  We opted for FCC and the remainder of on board purchases plus port fees and taxes to be refunded. I called today as this is day 50 of Carnival canceling our cruise.  I was on hold for 10 minutes, and was told our port fees and taxes are now being bundled into our FCC, instead of being refunded.  My rep, Ingrid, said this is new policy, and only prepaid gratuities, shore excursions, in-room purchases such as water, etc. would be refunded to original form of payment. She could not provide me with a refund date, but did say all would be refunded as separate charges.  

I just checked my credit card account, as I’ve been doing several times a day since I cancelled our April cruises, and found ALL of my refunds there. There were dated 4/2 and 3/28, but they just landed over night. About a week ago I recieved the fun shop purchases for both cruises, and today I recieved all my shore excursions, and port charges, taxes and fees. Today’s total was actually more than I thought, totaling around $1700. Remember, this was for two cruises that were loaded with expensive excursions. I previously transferred all my FCC from those cruises to pay, in full, for a 14 day Journey cruise to Panama Canal. I can now breathe a sigh of relief.......until they cancel my January cruise. Fingers crossed that that does not happen. 🤞

Received our refund from our cancelled Alaska cruise (August from San Francisco) and our cancelled excursions. Cancelled April 1, refund received May 20. We paid with 2 cards. Took 7 weeks. Hang in there ya'll, It will come!

baf

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, edl868 said:

Has anyone whose cruise was cancelled and requested a refund received it yet?

Received my $400 deposit for my October 30 TA from Barcelona to Tampa today. Waiting on my $198 deposit for October 20, Venice to Barcelona. Charged back to original credit card.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:09 AM, Andoria said:

I believe I canceled on March 3rd for my May 24th cruise (paid in full).  Yesterday I received reimbursement for my steakhouse reservation. Hopefully,  the rest of my money is on its way.

I received my refund in full!

Cruise cancelled Mar 30, for Apr 11 sailing - alerted TA we wanted full refund

Received refunds on shore excursions and ship purchases - May 8 & May 12

Still waiting on refund for cruise itself...

27 minutes ago, The Critical Cruiser said:

Finally received a full refund this morning after 49 days for our cruise that was scheduled to leave this Saturday, 5/23.  I am done with Carnival.

That of course is your choice but good luck finding a cruise line that handled things with substantial difference.

• Like 1

When someone mentioned that they did received "some" of their refund, but wasn't sure of how much the taxes, fees, etc. were, as far as I know for each room/person, the taxes, fees, etc. were $127.??  I don't have my papers in front of me right now to tell you how much cents it was, but my PVP and I went over the 4 rooms I had booked, and what I was to receive back.  She always mentioned the $127.?? as the taxes, fees, etc., along with the refund I would receive per room/person.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:18 AM, vacruizer said:

Sail date of 4/27. Carnival cancelled the cruise 3/30 and I requested refund on 3/31. Carnival called my TA on 4/7 to notify that I’d requested a refund. 

I’ve gotten nothing back. Not even the prepaid shore excursion. I’m really trying to be patient.  But am also getting frustrated that Carnival won’t give any communication at all on this. Even a simple mass email to folks with refunds pending saying they are working on it. Instead my TA has been told when calling Carnival they aren’t even allowed to answer questions on a refund status. 

Update - my TA talked to Carnival again last Friday. They now claim they never received my refund request...even though Carnival called my TA on 4/7 to notify them I had requested a refund. I have the voice mail from Carnival my TA forwarded to me. I got an email Saturday 5/16 that my shore excursion refund would be processed and to not call them for status. But got the impression my refund countdown was starting😡 all over again after all this time already waiting. I’ve already waited 7 weeks after Carnival cancelled me and I requested refund. 

At some point, I will have to dispute the charges. Another 6-8 weeks (or longer) isn’t ok. 

I haven't read this entire thread (so many pages by now) but skimmed through the first few pages, a few in the middle and the more recent pages.  My question is this - I have had two cruises (April 6 and July 6) now canceled by Carnival. The second one was a rebook for the first canceled one.  My total refund is $8,700 which includes the shore excursions. 

Anyone know how they are handling refunds if the credit card used doesn't have much of a balance left on it? I used my Carnival Master Card to purchase everything (originally booked back in October) and subsequently paid off the card several times (only used it to get the fun points).  If they process my $8,700 refund to the "original" form of payment,  It will payoff the $2,200.00 balance I have on that card and I will end up with a massive $6,000.00 CREDIT balance on the card. Anyone in a similar situation?

Hi all.  We were among those who would have been boarding Carnival Sunrise tomorrow in NYC for a 4 nighter to Bermuda.  Sigh.

We opted for the full refund but it has not yet shown up.  It's been several weeks since I filled out that online form.   How long did your refund take to your credit card?

Looking forward to cruising again--whenever that may be.  

6 minutes ago, Enigmalady777 said:

I haven't read this entire thread (so many pages by now) but skimmed through the first few pages, a few in the middle and the more recent pages.  My question is this - I have had two cruises (April 6 and July 6) now canceled by Carnival. The second one was a rebook for the first canceled one.  My total refund is $8,700 which includes the shore excursions. 

Anyone know how they are handling refunds if the credit card used doesn't have much of a balance left on it? I used my Carnival Master Card to purchase everything (originally booked back in October) and subsequently paid off the card several times (only used it to get the fun points).  If they process my $8,700 refund to the "original" form of payment,  It will payoff the $2,200.00 balance I have on that card and I will end up with a massive $6,000.00 CREDIT balance on the card. Anyone in a similar situation?

The credit card company would issue you a check for the credit. That's how most credit card companies work. You might have to call them to request it since it probably isn't an automatic process. 

Here is my experience. First told that I would be refunded in 14 days. After 14 days, I was told 14 more days. Then told 14 more days. Then told 30-60 days. Then 90+ days. So I opened a Credit Card dispute - got my full refund in about 2 weeks after that (from my CC company).

Edited by RogueMonk
spelling

Well refunds starting to come in, 1st was for shore excursion, then drink packages, and one for $250.00 that I cant pinpoint yet.

Some is better than none and gives me hope for the rest.

I noticed that my deposit for our July Med cruise popped back into my credit card account two days ago.  They formally cancelled ( I think ) 1st April, I request a refund over a few days later and it's there now.  Based in UK, pretty pleased with this turnaround.  

I have an outstanding refund due from Costa which was cancelled by them around March and still awaiting refund.  I did send them an email last week and got a standard response plus a personalised response a few days later than it was definitely in the system to be processed. 

3 hours ago, Enigmalady777 said:

I alternate between Chase Southwest and Citibank cards.  I used Chase for my cruises, one deposit of $400 was credited today. There is no balance on it , so it shows up as a credit. My 2 cruises were TA and Med, not until October so I had only paid deposit. $6000 is a massive amount of credit to use, $400 is a months cellphone and directv!

Received full refund today, cruise cancelled April 1st for a May 8th cruise. Can't wait until I can get onboard again, I don't remember the last time I didn't have a cruise booked.

• Like 1