CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Yes, I don't actually blame P&O.  I think they have been overwhelmed by the amount of refunds, had nothing in place and then suddenly had to work from home.  It's not easy.  I know because I am working from home and we can't do refunds.

• Like 2

Full refund back on our card today 😀

Our cruise was Oceana E007P, sail date 22/03/2020, cancelled by P&O on 16/03/2020, refund requested via online form within about an hour of receiving cancellation email. Day 62, so may or may not have been processed by P&O within the 60 days.... just! I hadn't chased them at all yet, although I'd planned to if nothing by Monday.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of you get your refunds through soon!

Edited by HappyGiraffe
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, HappyGiraffe said:

Full refund including flight seat reservations back on our card today 😀

Our cruise was Oceana E007P, sail date 22/03/2020, cancelled by P&O on 16/03/2020, refund requested via online form within about an hour of receiving cancellation email. Day 62, so may or may not have been processed by P&O within the 60 days.... just! I hadn't chased them at all yet, although I'd planned to if nothing by Monday.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of you get your refunds through soon!

Great news.

4 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

You got two more John?

I have 6 P&O cruises booked including a B2B in Sept/Oct , all still active although I doubt I will be paying the balance of that first one, and I have no idea if and when when any of the others will be viable.

• Like 1

We have 2 booked for 2021 Britannia in May because we like the ship and one in August on Arcadia which booked in a moment of madness on brochure release on price for a 19 day cruise which I have regretted booking. We have only cruised once in last 4 yrs on Britannia when we used to do 2 cruises a year with P&O which I think says it all.

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I've got 3 more.  One this October, won't be doing that one.  and 2 next year.

We had to cancel our RCL cruise for June.

I did it before final payment and took a FCC.

I emailed the Spanish hotel we had booked for 2 nights pre- cruise on Tuesday night.

Even though it was nice non refundable they emailed me back and said they would refund our €370.

Friday and the refund was in our account 

• Like 1

Nothing to do with cruising but had to book something as I can't see us cruising for a while. Booked a villa for 3 weeks in Feb next year in Lanzarote. Full refund of deposit up to Jan, so should be ok.  

Got to have something to look forward to.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Nothing to do with cruising but had to book something as I can't see us cruising for a while. Booked a villa for 3 weeks in Feb next year in Lanzarote. Full refund of deposit up to Jan, so should be ok.  

Got to have something to look forward to.

Great idea.

Hopefully travel will be okay by then and if not you have a refundable deposit up to January.

We are hoping to get to Florida for a week in October, balance due mid July but will change booking for next spring before final payment if there is any doubt.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have 6 P&O cruises booked including a B2B in Sept/Oct , all still active although I doubt I will be paying the balance of that first one, and I have no idea if and when when any of the others will be viable.

6!

were jumping in your suitcases then. 

ive still got the Iona in July 21 so will see how it is after Christmas when they want the full amount. 

I really hope we all get to go soon as I think after all this stress we need a holiday 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Great idea.

Hopefully travel will be okay by then and if not you have a refundable deposit up to January.

We are hoping to get to Florida for a week in October, balance due mid July but will change booking for next spring before final payment if there is any doubt.

a week! Don’t think I could fly all that way for a week. Oh but to just walk out the airport and smell the air. Not sure why but it’s always the same when landing and that first lot of hot air hitting you. Bliss

well we were in Hollywood Studios today. Kids had a good chat about everything we did there last year. Actually surprised at how much they remember since they we/are still little. Suppose to be at cocoa beach tomorrow. 

just to show how sad (completely off my trolley more like) I found my canaries itinerary earlier. Must not have deleted it. 

I can’t wait for a holiday 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I can't see any cruises happening until there is a vaccine. Social distancing is not feasible on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

a week! Don’t think I could fly all that way for a week. Oh but to just walk out the airport and smell the air. Not sure why but it’s always the same when landing and that first lot of hot air hitting you. Bliss

well we were in Hollywood Studios today. Kids had a good chat about everything we did there last year. Actually surprised at how much they remember since they we/are still little. Suppose to be at cocoa beach tomorrow. 

just to show how sad (completely off my trolley more like) I found my canaries itinerary earlier. Must not have deleted it. 

I can’t wait for a holiday 

We have been to Orlando 30 times since 1992 so 1 week is fine.

First time in 1992 we did 3 weeks and were absolutely shattered doing all the parks but now we only go for the shopping and sun.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

First time in 1992 we did 3 weeks and were absolutely shattered doing all the parks but now we only go for the shopping and sun.

it’s just the plane ride couldn’t do for a week. Your definitely beating me. Only been 7 times since 2000

Day 68 and the money paid using my Amex card has been refunded.  The rest paid on Visa will hopefully be on the way.

I did do quite a bit of chasing in the last week - whether it would have arrived anyway, I don't know.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, mat5664 said:

Day 68 and the money paid using my Amex card has been refunded.  The rest paid on Visa will hopefully be on the way.

I did do quite a bit of chasing in the last week - whether it would have arrived anyway, I don't know.

Great news. Thank you for letting us know. 

Andy 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

it’s just the plane ride couldn’t do for a week. Your definitely beating me. Only been 7 times since 2000

The flight is the downside and the jetlag too but Pauline's office work holidays and cruises restricts us to a week.

Now we no longer do the Disney, universal theme parks 1 week is long enough.

Day 65 and no refund.

Edited by grapau27

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I used to nip over to NY for  two days for business - screwed my body clock up for a week afterwards! 

Nowadays we like a month in Sarasota around February time. Plenty of time to adjust to the Floridian life style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I used to nip over to NY for  two days for business - screwed my body clock up for a week afterwards! 

Nowadays we like a month in Sarasota around February time. Plenty of time to adjust to the Floridian life style.

Paulines best friend goes out for 5 weeks but she doesn't cruise.

Lovely beaches in Sarasota.

Our 7 working days promise for refund is Wednesday day 68.

Paid on 2 different cards however I have only received the deposit back on one card still waiting for the rest to go on the other card if not there tomorrow will phone them.

This was after phoning them last week and they agreed that it was over 60 days so escalated it 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mat5664 said:

That's good news.

• Like 1

Given that, at long last, there now appears to be a steady flow of refunds happening, a few things are crossing my mind. Firstly, could it be that another batch of cancellations are looming and they have realised that if they didn’t start to process the first few batches of refunds at pace they would be overwhelmed? Secondly, will this sudden flurry of refunds continue at this pace indefinitely or, when the first batches are completed, will they then slow down to a trickle again, making those requesting refunds from the next round of cancellations wait 60 days plus for their refunds?

Another thing that has crossed my mind is that in recent years all businesses of any decent size have to have contingency plans / major emergency plans / disaster recovery plans for situations where normal business operations are severely disrupted. This had completely slipped my mind as, when I was working and we used to do them, we had in mind situations such as a major fire rather than a pandemic. That being said, our plans assumed that our Head Office was out of action and how we would continue to operate with staff working remotely etc. Even if Paul Ludlow is to be believed (and personally I don’t believe him, as I have been convinced all along that the delays have been deliberate to aid cash flow and the kick start this week has been triggered by adverse PR) then the fact that it has taken them months to begin to deal with the situation at pace demonstrates that their disaster recovery plans were not fit for purpose. Whilst this situation is unprecedented, a lot of companies and organisations have really impressed me with their ability to operate during this pandemic and how efficient they have been, even with staff working from home. Sadly P&O does not appear in that list!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, taylor1998 said:

Paid on 2 different cards however I have only received the deposit back on one card still waiting for the rest to go on the other card if not there tomorrow will phone them.

This was after phoning them last week and they agreed that it was over 60 days so escalated it 

Im sure that you will be Ok. Both of my refunds (2 bookings) had the deposits and balances refunded at the same time, so it’s probably just due to one card operator showing it sooner than the other. I chased mine last week and they obviously escalated mine and processed them immediately, so it sounds as though yours has followed the same pattern.