Now for something completely different

Just now, ilikeanswers said:

Our tour guide told us back in the day there was no need for vehicles they would just walk to the glacier

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

This was originally the Park Manager's house for Jasper National Park, it now houses the tourist information center and a not for profit gift shop.

P1030324.thumb.JPG.043d990c43588081c9d44cb7a7b51b9a.JPG

You must have been following us Lyle 😂😂

8157E127-3DF3-43B9-96AC-F3FC82C47768.jpeg

Just now, gbenjo said:

Lyle, is this your next photo  🤔🤔 Old Man Mountain 😂😂

420CE6B3-606F-45F9-BD40-CA526F4F5BD1.jpeg

I really didn't pay attention to names, if the light caught my eye and I was able to take the photo I did. If I couldn't get the shot I just enjoyed the view. Someone once told me to just stop and enjoy the view without the camera; it was good advise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I really didn't pay attention to names, if the light caught my eye and I was able to take the photo I did. If I couldn't get the shot I just enjoyed the view. Someone once told me to just stop and enjoy the view without the camera; it was good advise.

Absolutely , magnificent scenery EVERYWHERE. From memory Old Man Mountain was just outside Jasper, might even have been visible from the town itself.we did a rafting tour into Jasper. Cant remember if we saw it on the raft or on the coach into Jasper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think he was the landlord once

And then the French and the British arrived to colonise the joint, like Straya and Nu Ziland, but no Frogs..

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

While we were walking to the hot springs at Harrison Lake  we met these guys. I thought Mr. Gut might appreciate

P1030467.thumb.JPG.9c8bd2bbc84f05a12320ee4fc13db602.JPG

Hey beautiful boys/girls, OK so has the pepper and salt got a docked tail. And has the black got cropped ears or just very upright?

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Hey beautiful boys/girls, OK so has the pepper and salt got a docked tail. And has the black got cropped ears or just very upright?

I think they were both boys, and I checked the photos and they both have docked tails. I don't know about the ears. I talked with the people briefly and they have had many schnauzers. I got the impression they had more at home.

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we heard the Australian anthem today as Daniel Ricciardo won the Italian Grand Prix with an excellent drive. Well done to Danny.

The MotoGP was an exciting race. Aussie, Jack Miller, was in line for a podium 3rd but went into a corner too hot and lost two places to finish fifth.

We don't get to hear results of Moto2 race. Aussie, Remy Gardner son of former world champion Wayne, scored a 2nd. Maybe he'll be moving up into the MotoGP premier class, let's hope so.

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we heard the Australian anthem today as Daniel Ricciardo won the Italian Grand Prix with an excellent drive. Well done to Danny.

Young and free or one and free??🤔🤔🇦🇺  
Yes, a great win, a 1-2 for Mclaren. First time in years.

55 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Dylan Alcott has won the US open and given him a Golden slam, that is all four slam tournaments and the Olympics. What a champion  and a great advocate for people  who can achieve their dreams.

Seems there is Dylan, then some other blokes playing for 2nd at the moment,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I bet the champagne never tasted so sweet.😂

Daniel Ricciardo celebrates his victory in trademark style at Monza in Italy.

The $16million a year he earns would be rather sweet as well but a well deserved result for Danric…makes all the late night watching and barracking worthwhile, amazing though that the time per lap of the fastest  and slowest is just a second or so.

Evening sportsfans, a doco to relieve your cruise withdrawal symptoms…

tune in to SBS ch30 @ 7.30pm..Ten mistakes that sank the Titanic.

Grab thy life jackets and proceed to boat stations, as the band played on.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Evening sportsfans, a doco to relieve your cruise withdrawal symptoms…

tune in to SBS ch30 @ 7.30pm..Ten mistakes that sank the Titanic.

Grab thy life jackets and proceed to boat stations, as the band played on.

Saw that doco a few years back. A little over exaggerated IMO but there were some interesting facts that made it worth a watch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I bet the champagne never tasted so sweet.😂

Daniel Ricciardo celebrates his victory in trademark style at Monza in Italy.

He did a great job, passed the petulant one right off the start and never looked back. I think he still would have won the race even if the petulant one hadn't parked his car on top of Lewis Hamilton.

I root for Lewis but I like Danny and am happy for this great result after such a tough couple years for him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

He did a great job, passed the petulant one right off the start and never looked back. I think he still would have won the race even if the petulant one hadn't parked his car on top of Lewis Hamilton.

I root for Lewis but I like Danny and am happy for this great result after such a tough couple years for him.

The thing I don't get is the very small penalty for his indiscretion, a three-place grid drop for the start of the next race, the Russian GP on September 26. He should be at the back of the field, IMHO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Saw that doco a few years back. A little over exaggerated IMO but there were some interesting facts that made it worth a watch.

Yes, heard a few of the points before. If you are ever in Belfast, Ireland go visit the Titanic real life museum, amazing, like walking through a Harland and Wolff working ship yard.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes, heard a few of the points before. If you are ever in Belfast, Ireland go visit the Titanic real life museum, amazing, like walking through a Harland and Wolff working ship yard.

There's another to put on my list.

• Like 1

Well we have just had a $600 million civics lesson. Almost no change. Looks like Justin and his crew of buffoons will keep the minority government, a few people are switched out but the numbers are about the same. What a waste of time.

On the bright side our ports should be open for the coming Cruise season 😉

Edited by Blackduck59

55 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we have just had a $600 million civics lesson. Almost no change. Looks like Justin and his crew of buffoons will keep the minority government, a few people are switched out but the numbers are about the same. What a waste of time.

On the bright side our ports should be open for the coming Cruise season 😉

Democracy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯