Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we have just had a $600 million civics lesson. Almost no change. Looks like Justin and his crew of buffoons will keep the minority government, a few people are switched out but the numbers are about the same. What a waste of time.

On the bright side our ports should be open for the coming Cruise seasonΒ πŸ˜‰

Might get to do my third Alaska cruise and Canada tour that I had to cancel last June. Goody goody yum yum.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:10 AM, Blackduck59 said:

Β 

Excellent, if you do let us know.

Hi Lyle, I was researching some old Ballarat newspapers online recently and found a connection for my husband's maternal family to Craig's Hotel, Ballarat. Rob's great grandfather's sister in law's family (Bentley) owned Craig's from 1883 to 1903.Β 

Β 

Β 

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hi Lyle, I was researching some old Ballarat newspapers online recently and found a connection for my husband's maternal family to Craig's Hotel, Ballarat. Rob's great grandfather's sister in law's family (Bentley) owned Craig's from 1883 to 1903.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

That is so cool. Some day maybe we will get a chance to stay there. No saying when we will be allowed to travel to Oz or if we will be interested in doing a long flight like that by then. Right now I'm not even sure about the New York to Quebec City trip next year.

• Like 1

Still a possibility NRL Grand Final might be moved to Townsville. I am barracking for both The Chocolate Soldiers aka Penrith Panthers, I like them, also Souths the Rabbitohs, having lived in Matraville 66 to 72. Β Two great teams. πŸ‰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Still a possibility NRL Grand Final might be moved to Townsville. I am barracking for both The Chocolate Soldiers aka Penrith Panthers, I like them, also Souths the Rabbitohs, having lived in Matraville 66 to 72. Β Two great teams. πŸ‰

Now uncle Les what would GarloΒ say, puttingΒ the chocolate soldiers (aka licquorice all sorts) first.

Edited by GUT2407
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Β 

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Now uncle Les what would GarloΒ say, puttingΒ the chocolate soldiers (aka licquorice all sorts) first.

Β 

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I do hope the Panthers can win it.

I'm only cheering for the one team. This will be the first time I have not attended the GF with my team playing, and will have to just watch on TV. Go the mighty Panthers

• Like 2

My grand daughter the Vet in Townsvegas wants the game moved up there from Brisvegas, she might get a ticket. But latest reports are the game is staying in Brisvegas.Β  So just to stirΒ up my mate Mr Walker,Β πŸ˜‚....'Glory, Glory to South Sydney..

SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg.328b2011efbc3cca3639b78e757bae95.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Something different, how would you like a cruise on the ship below 'Ocean Swagman' Livestock Carrier.

Β 

My Granddaughter's boyfriend also a Vet is on board, Townsville to China looking after the 2000 animals, due at Gladstone to load today then onto NZ to load then to China to unload the livestock for the woks, lol.Β  Β 38 crew onboard, including one vet and two stockmen.Β  From reports it is no luxury cruise. This is the second trip he has done. Big money, I kid you not $50,000 wage for the 6 weekΒ trip and they fly him back from China and into quarantine. He is working 24/7.Β  One of these ships sank in big seas last year remember with large loss of life inc the Aussie vet and stockmen.Β  From all reports not all crew covid jabbed, they are not permitted off the vessel.

Β 

OIP (1).jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Something different, how would you like a cruise on the ship below 'Ocean Swagman' Livestock Carrier.

Β 

My Granddaughter's boyfriend also a Vet is on board, Townsville to China looking after the 2000 animals, due at Gladstone to load today then onto NZ to load then to China to unload the livestock for the woks, lol.Β  Β 38 crew onboard, including one vet and two stockmen.Β  From reports it is no luxury cruise. This is the second trip he has done. Big money, I kid you not $50,000 wage for a trip and they fly him back from China and into quarantine. He is working 24/7.Β  One of these ships sank in big seas last year remember with large loss of life inc the Aussie vet and stockmen.Β  From all reports not all crew covid jabbed, they are not permitted off the vessel.

Β 

OIP (1).jpg

So, this means to get a decent cruise one needs to be a cow or sheep?

Long sea days but post cruise tour does not excite.😱

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

So, this means to get a decent cruise one needs to be a cow or sheep?

Long sea days but post cruise tour does not excite.😱

But no tipping and no formal nights, lolΒ How good is that? lol. But they have a good ship's cook, if you like Filipino and Asian food, which is nice. 3 Aussie and 35 foreign crew you have to please the majority.Β  Pretty rough ride for cattle and sheep, no VB and curry for them.

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Β 

My Granddaughter's boyfriend also a Vet is on board, Townsville to China looking after the 2000 animals, due at Gladstone to load today then onto NZ to load then to China to unload the livestock for the woks, lol.Β  Β 38 crew onboard, including one vet and two stockmen.Β  From reports it is no luxury cruise. This is the second trip he has done. Big money, I kid you not $50,000 wage for the 6 weekΒ trip and they fly him back from China and into quarantine. He is working 24/7.Β  One of these ships sank in big seas last year remember with large loss of life inc the Aussie vet and stockmen.Β  From all reports not all crew covid jabbed, they are not permitted off the vessel.

Β 

OIP (1).jpg

Β 

Hopefully as a vet it will more pleasant than the ships to the Middle East.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, NSWP said:

Β 

Β 

OIP (1).jpg

I got the capacity wrong big time. Ocean Swagman carries 6000 cattle or 25000 sheep or a combination of both. That is a lot of animals for one vet and two stockmen to look after.

Everybody readyΒ for the NRL Grand Final in Brisvegas?

Β 

This guy is well stocked up with ye olde Crownies, none of the awful Qld Fourex for him, lol.

Β 

Go the Bunnies !

Β 

244281103_932672673951982_5615881651271509826_n.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On a more selfish and decidedly non political note. It has not been a stellar weekend for my lovely wife. It was her birthday today and she had grand plans to have some fun this weekend. Well fate stepped in, we went to visit her mom yesterday and she had a raging case of cellulitis in her left foot and lower leg. Off to the hospital for her, after more than a dozen tries and 4 hours they got the first batch of IV anti biotics in. Of course they sent her home so we got to repeat the whole procedure again today. Every time either of us plans for a special day some new health crisis crops up for her Mom. Oh well that is part of our job.

On a brighter note we are looking at a Viking Pacific coastal cruise. We have just had a quick glance but maybe something for 2023 (if it is offered then). We are just now feeling hopeful for the New York to Quebec City cruise starting the end of August next year.

• Like 4

Yes Lyle, "manure" does tend to mess up the best laid plans of men ... and whatever.Β  Best to you and Lynn.Β  Hope she can have a wee bit of a celebration with you later.

Β 

*sigh* Still locked down here ... it's now official, longest lockdown in the world!Β  And there's no sign of it ending anytime soon.

Β 

Sorry, but I needed to vent my frustration a little --- sorry to rain on the parade cruisers.

Β 

Now let's see if CC will let me post this?Β  Nope?Β  Not looking possible

Β 

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Did I miss something?😁

You did, you probably slept in. lol. This stupid daylight saving, I hate it, might move to Qld lol.

Edited by NSWP