Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Afternoon Sports Fans...Thought you would be pleased to know..Princess have a new term for tipping/gratuities.  'Crew Incentive'

How nice of them to try and disguise that abhorrent thing called tipping.🤐

Yes,  I know Princess cruises originating from OZ/NZ have crew incentive included in cruise price.

Can we start a 'Crew Incentive thread?😂

Does that mean wages are generous donations from Princess😜

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Yay! Went windsurfing this arvo for the first time in almost 6 weeks. It was only for an hour but it was good to be back on the water again.

Well I'm envious☺️. It must feel so good to get out👍 hopefully more windsurfing days to come

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Yay! Went windsurfing this arvo for the first time in almost 6 weeks. It was only for an hour but it was good to be back on the water again.

Great to hear, you must be feeling OK after hospital

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

My job incentive was always “do your job, or find another one”

I had a boss once who always brought a copy of the Sydney Morning Herald Classifieds to management meetings.  If some of the group started complaining the boss would throw them the SMH and say 'If you are not happy, there are plenty of jobs in here.'    Strange management methods that bloke had.

Well we are in Banff for a second night and will be heading out early tomorrow. I hope to catch some good light during sunrise. We drove up to lake Louise and got some nice photos before it started raining. We already planned to have Breakfast at Chateau Lake Louise so we went inside and had a nice breakfast, the service was outstanding as you would expect at a Fairmont Hotel. I'll post some photos when we get home.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we are in Banff for a second night and will be heading out early tomorrow. I hope to catch some good light during sunrise. We drove up to lake Louise and got some nice photos before it started raining. We already planned to have Breakfast at Chateau Lake Louise so we went inside and had a nice breakfast, the service was outstanding as you would expect at a Fairmont Hotel. I'll post some photos when we get home.

We stayed in Fairmont hotels when in Canada - excellent.

Didn't get to see much of Banff while there as we had to do shopping for clothes as our luggage had been delayed back at Dallas, Fort Worth. The luggage was eventually located and we got it on the morning we left Banff (4 days late) and after we had spent money replacing stuff. The staff at Fairmont in Calgary were great as they supplied us with toiletries to see us good. Even found a charger for wife's Iphone.

DSC03199.JPG

When we had a week in Vancouver post Alaska Inside passage cruise, we stayed at the HOJO - Howard Johnston Hotel, near Granville Bridge, cheap and cheeerful.  Fairmont was out of our league, just did day tours from Vancouver CBD on Gray Line to Whistler, Buchart Gardens, Victoria, Vancouver City Tour - totem poles etc.

Sounds like Lyle is livin the dream.

Edited by NSWP

57 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What lockdown, are all these cars going essential shopping?  Fiveways, Miranda.

5ways.jpg

The traffic there occasionally gets banked up because of the timing between the sets of traffic lights.  It's nowhere as bad as it used to be.  I heard there was a covid case at the brick pits/South Village the other day. 

27 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

It is interesting to see    no coloured cars

White, gray.silver, black..... a bit boring...

It's hard to get interesting coloured cars these days. The smaller cars come in bright colours but bigger sedans and SUVs tend to be black, white, varying shades of gray, silver and pale gold. Boring indeed! Plus not ideal in some conditions, especially on country roads.

56 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's hard to get interesting coloured cars these days. The smaller cars come in bright colours but bigger sedans and SUVs tend to be black, white, varying shades of gray, silver and pale gold. Boring indeed! Plus not ideal in some conditions, especially on country roads.

Or finding car in carpark,   first car was white, then silver,yellow, red. black and white ( like the blue brothers ), blue, and currently one gold and one red...

I remember in the 60's seeing a lilac land rover....   it didn't look right....lol

Don

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

We had a wonderful time in the Banff(2N)/Lake Louise(1N)/Jasper(2N) area on our trip in 2014 before heading west. It was quite spectacular 

IMG_0942.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Yep, very boring. When I bought my LDV van recently the only choice was black or white, I took white but would have loved a yellow one.

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I noticed too that coloured cars have been disappearing but then I started shopping for a new car and have noticed if you want more colours they're all extra cost. The car I have which I got about 12 years ago I was offered so many colours for no extra cost.