Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Bratwurst.thumb.jpg.fbc34937a413127b8ebe6b3196815658.jpgDefinitely not as elegant as that desert but I got in touch with my German side. A couple of snags with fried potatoes and sauerkraut as Les would say lubbly jubbly.😃

My favourite meal Lyle, Cumberland pork sausages, onions, sauerkraut and some spuds. I might knock that up this evening.  Lubbly jubbly meal that Lyle.  Mustard on the side?

What's the go with this truckies blockade over there? Are you running out of tucker?

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Even better with two scoops 🙂

I sure do miss my cruise desserts, but I'm much slimmer though.

Whenever I have desert in MDR I always ask for a scoop of sorbet which I never get. It's always two or more.😃

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My favourite meal Lyle, Cumberland pork sausages, onions, sauerkraut and some spuds. I might knock that up this evening.  Lubbly jubbly meal that Lyle.  Mustard on the side?

What's the go with this truckies blockade over there? Are you running out of tucker?

If your Coles has the British Sausage Co snags look for the Lincolnshire ones, they are even nicer than Cumberland snags.

Red cabbage is a nice alternative to sauerkraut.

24 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Whenever I have desert in MDR I always ask for a scoop of sorbet which I never get. It's always two or more.😃

I actually don't like ice cream with desserts, other than with plain fruit like berries or fresh mango. It's just too much sweetness for me. I'd rather have unsweetened whipped cream.

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We aren't having shortages so far. There is a group of truckers who think parking their rigs illegally and making a bunch of noise in Ottawa is going to change anything. We had a much smaller one here a couple weeks ago (Victoria is the provincial capital) There were a few goons intimidating staff in area businesses. They tried again last weekend it didn't get much traction. For years we have been hearing about the tough life of truckers and how they are having trouble making ends meet with the price of fuel, permits etc. etc. etc. now some of them can afford to take their rigs out of service for 2 weeks so far, buy the fuel to drive across the country and sit around pi**ing off the locals. No sympathy from me, get vaccinated, problem solved.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I actually don't like ice cream with desserts, other than with plain fruit like berries or fresh mango. It's just too much sweetness for me. I'd rather have unsweetened whipped cream.

Agree. That is why I ask for sorbet, not ice cream. The tanginess of the sorbet takes a way the residual sweetness of some deserts.

32 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Agree. That is why I ask for sorbet, not ice cream. The tanginess of the sorbet takes a way the residual sweetness of some deserts.

As long as the sorbet flavour doesn't clash with the dessert flavour. 

20 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes a classic.  Have you seen Lantana?  This is a good movie, with a great cast. 

I haven't seen that movie. I saw Man From Snowy River several times in the past, I bought the Blu Ray from Amazon. I had a bit of a crush on Sigrid Thornton. Another Australian film I really enjoyed was "The Light Horsemen", I haven't been able to source that anywhere.

I think I saw the second Snowy River movie once but can't really recall it. I did enjoy the McGregor Saga TV show.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I haven't seen that movie. I saw Man From Snowy River several times in the past, I bought the Blu Ray from Amazon. I had a bit of a crush on Sigrid Thornton. Another Australian film I really enjoyed was "The Light Horsemen", I haven't been able to source that anywhere.

I think I saw the second Snowy River movie once but can't really recall it. I did enjoy the McGregor Saga TV show.

Speaking of Sigrid Thornton, she is easy on the eyes. Have you seen her in the TV series "Sea Change". Very popular when it came out a few years back?

undefined

Edited by By The Bay

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Speaking of Sigrid Thornton, she is easy on the eyes. Have you seen her in the TV series "Sea Change". Very popular when it came out a few years back?

undefined

I haven't seen that available here. I have Amazon Prime, that is the only streaming service we use at this point. We have resisted Netflix and probably will continue that way with the recent rate hike. I pay the Prime membership because it gets me free shipping on my Amazon purchases. The entertainment is a happy byproduct of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

undefined

Really enjoyed the original version. Some filmed here in Williamstown, and Altona. 
Two of the love interests (not Diver) live nearby. Saw Shaun yesterday walking down the street.

the remake a couple of years ago was, shall we say, unnecessary.

15 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I haven't seen that available here. I have Amazon Prime, that is the only streaming service we use at this point. We have resisted Netflix and probably will continue that way with the recent rate hike. I pay the Prime membership because it gets me free shipping on my Amazon purchases. The entertainment is a happy byproduct of that.

You can watch it on iView, the ABC's free streaming service. Here is the link.

So we were going to have left overs for supper, then my boss said would you like some mussels? I said sure. He had a cooler outside with several large bags of fresh mussels. I took about half a bag and what would have been left overs became this.

mussels.thumb.jpg.4059ba68af70bcef942543283ce49478.jpg

Half a bottle of Pinto Grigio for the pot and the rest for the glasses.

Much better than left overs, as a matter of fact we had left over mussels and broth, there is a batch of seafood chowder on the horizon.

57 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we were going to have left overs for supper, then my boss said would you like some mussels? I said sure. He had a cooler outside with several large bags of fresh mussels. I took about half a bag and what would have been left overs became this.

Much better than left overs, as a matter of fact we had left over mussels and broth, there is a batch of seafood chowder on the horizon.

Impressive meal, with leftovers for seafood chowder!

32 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Impressive meal, with leftovers for seafood chowder!

It was a lot of mussels and the baguette for sopping up the broth. I have a can of clams, some left over salmon and smoked salmon. All I need to get is some heavy cream and there is a great chowder in the pot.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It was a lot of mussels and the baguette for sopping up the broth. I have a can of clams, some left over salmon and smoked salmon. All I need to get is some heavy cream and there is a great chowder in the pot.

Enjoy your chowder.  Seafood chowder is my favourite winter food overseas.  I discovered there are two kinds.

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

You Canucks live well Lyle.