Now for something completely different

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Hopefully this ping will reach him. If nothing else he will know we're thinking of him🤗:

@getting older slowly

Good idea, checking his CC activity his last post was 26 April.  He was normally on here 3 or 4 times a week with his coffee and G &T.

53 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hope he is ok, hopefully away on an amazing trip, or like me and goes on a CC holiday now and then.

I thought you were on CC long service leave Chez, lol. Great to see you back.

Edited by NSWP

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

Hunter Valley wine tour, but like me you have probably been there done that. Yep, CC event at harrys.

Very familiar with HV wine scene. Was supposed to be going to Piggs Peake this Saturday night for their 2022 wine release - an annual event involving free food and wine tasting - but my cruising BF who usually comes with me has a funeral to attend at Harvey Bay. No problem,  there are three other nights I can go to in July.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Very familiar with HV wine scene. Was supposed to be going to Piggs Peake this Saturday night for their 2022 wine release - an annual event involving free food and wine tasting - but my cruising BF who usually comes with me has a funeral to attend at Harvey Bay. No problem,  there are three other nights I can go to in July.

Yep many HV trips First trip there was to to Tyrells circa 1968, buying wine for our cmf army reserve mess night. Big day tasting, we brought a land rover full   Of vino back along the putty road, lol.. I am going to a nz wine and food degustation night at my golf club in August, at $160 pp it had better be good.

Edited by NSWP

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yep many HV trips First trip there was to to Tyrells circa 1968, buying wine for our cmf army reserve mess night. Big day tasting, we brought a land rover full   Of vino back along the putty road, lol.. I am going to a nz wine and food degustation night at my golf club in August, at $160 pp it had better be good.

Funnily enough, we almost booked for that.  Several friends have told us that the Catalina's degustation dinners are first rate.  You'll have to post a review here😋

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Funnily enough, we almost booked for that.  Several friends have told us that the Catalina's degustation dinners are first rate.  You'll have to post a review here😋

Is on for two nights and both nights booked out within a few days. Must be plenty of money down here, $160 is top dollar, I could have got 4 steaks and 4 glasses of house wine at Donegans for $160, alas no more.

712576529_donegans2.thumb.jpg.3bf8f6518fce7a762e4bc0eb52d06ec2.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Is on for two nights and both nights booked out within a few days. Must be plenty of money down here, $160 is top dollar, I could have got 4 steaks and 4 glasses of house wine at Donegans for $160, alas no more.

712576529_donegans2.thumb.jpg.3bf8f6518fce7a762e4bc0eb52d06ec2.jpg

How I miss Donegans.  Sigh.  Some time ago we discovered Trappers Restaurant at the Sunseeker Motel, just going up the hill out of town on the Old Princes Hwy.  It's $$ so you wouldn't do it every day, but the steak is comparable to Shea's (just about) and the seafood is delicious.  Very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, too.  Probably very little more than the bottom line at Donegans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

How I miss Donegans.  Sigh.  Some time ago we discovered Trappers Restaurant at the Sunseeker Motel, just going up the hill out of town on the Old Princes Hwy.  It's $$ so you wouldn't do it every day, but the steak is comparable to Shea's (just about) and the seafood is delicious.  Very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, too.  Probably very little more than the bottom line at Donegans.

Went to Trappers a couple of times with my wife, bit more up market than Donegans but good. Same people owned the motel under the new bridge south side it had good food too. Maltese family.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Went to Trappers a couple of times with my wife, bit more up market than Donegans but good. Same people owned the motel under the new bridge south side it had good food too. Maltese family.

Yes, Seven.  Went there last time we were down. Really good food.  Nice people.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:35 AM, NSWP said:

Good idea, checking his CC activity his last post was 26 April.  He was normally on here 3 or 4 times a week with his coffee and G &T.

Yes, I hope everything is OK with him - I miss his sense of humour. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 2:52 AM, ilikeanswers said:

Hopefully this ping will reach him. If nothing else he will know we're thinking of him🤗:

@getting older slowly

Hello All

I am still alive... and enjoying a G&T   before dinner....     life has been up and down...

and cruising has after from my mind..... but suddenly realized we have a cruise booked in November  to NZ on the Grand....

So that said it is time to get back into Cruising  as it has been 919 days since we got off our last cruise...

Cheers Don with Coffee

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hello All

I am still alive... and enjoying a G&T   before dinner....     life has been up and down...

and cruising has after from my mind..... but suddenly realized we have a cruise booked in November  to NZ on the Grand....

So that said it is time to get back into Cruising  as it has been 919 days since we got off our last cruise...

Cheers Don with Coffee

Good to hear from you again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hello All

Cheers Don with Coffee

What a lovely surprise.  Welcome back.  As you can see you were missed.  Hope your cruise to NZ on Grand in November comes off.  Is it over 8 days.  Bon Voyage.  

My friend's Princess cruise, which was booked as one, but was available as two cruises, has had its itinerary lessened by one day minus Newcastle,.  

Hello All

Cheers Don with Coffee

Welcome back Don...you can see your CC friends have been worried about you, enjoy your coffee and G&T @ 5pm.

download.jpg.20ab145674baf5cf4048f11538ba6a1d.jpgth.jpg.ef1b882e062c3e86a2c8ab225803484f.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Hello All

Cheers Don with Coffee

Wonderful to hear you're OK and still planning cruises. We missed you.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Welcome back Don...you can see your CC friends have been worried about you, enjoy your coffee and G&T @ 5pm.

download.jpg.20ab145674baf5cf4048f11538ba6a1d.jpgth.jpg.ef1b882e062c3e86a2c8ab225803484f.jpg

Welcome back, Don.

Although it may be a little difficult to tell when you get threatened with International Roast.

877C42F2-F058-40CC-8972-6E97282729D0.jpeg.8699146105d68947b5faa5634b85d1e4.jpeg

Edited by Docker123
  • Haha 2

Thanks Everybody.... It means a lot.....

Now back to the real stuff... and think about cruise..... or going anywhere by ship......

Noticed one thing the price on the red and white boat has gone about 50% so will not be going to Tassie in a rush......

about 4 hours to G&T time.....

Cheers Don 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mareblu said:

How are things on the other side of the ocean, Lyle?

We're having a few days of hot (for us) weather, it has been 30 celsius  and we expect the same tomorrow. We keep seeing cruise ships transiting the Salish Sea on the way to the port but aren't really in the area to photograph them. We went for breakfast at Spitfire yesterday.

We haven't had any offers for our house so we are meeting with our realtor tomorrow to work on a new strategy. We have seen a listing we quite like but can't move forward until our place sells.

Lynn is looking forward to retirement in January 2023 I will probably work until August 2024.

Our next cruise is August 2023 so that's more than a year away. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks Everybody.... It means a lot.....

Now back to the real stuff... and think about cruise..... or going anywhere by ship......

Noticed one thing the price on the red and white boat has gone about 50% so will not be going to Tassie in a rush......

about 4 hours to G&T time.....

Cheers Don 

Welcome back Don, enjoy your G&T I'm not a big fan of that particular cocktail although Pimm's and ginger ale is quite nice.

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

We're having a few days of hot (for us) weather, it has been 30 celsius  and we expect the same tomorrow. We keep seeing cruise ships transiting the Salish Sea on the way to the port but aren't really in the area to photograph them. We went for breakfast at Spitfire yesterday.

We haven't had any offers for our house so we are meeting with our realtor tomorrow to work on a new strategy. We have seen a listing we quite like but can't move forward until our place sells.

Lynn is looking forward to retirement in January 2023 I will probably work until August 2024.

Our next cruise is August 2023 so that's more than a year away. 

Sounds like your days are busy.  Moving house is a massive project so that will keep you even busier.  Cruising during retirement is blissful.  Lots for you both to look forward to.

• Like 1