Now for something completely different

On 6/29/2022 at 4:48 AM, NSWP said:

From me,thank him for his service and good he survived, as I did, sort of ,after 36 yrs.👮‍♂️

Hi Les,  

Before I left for vacation to Aruba, I wrote you a thank you for your kind words and also a thank you for your service. But it got zapped??  I did mention a , now funny, episode during my husband's long career as a federal treasury agent. (Organized crime was his field)  He was a cross between Ellliot Ness and Inspector Clouseau.  Perhaps it was top secret information, even 40 years later. Anyway, thankfully you are both reaping the benefits of retirement and hopefully a very long healthy life. 

Regarding my Aruba vacation.  It was the third time back there since Oct 2020.  No covid protocol this time and it was a little getting use to. No testing, masking, distancing. No masks on planes either.  Back in March we did a 2b2 (10 days ea) cruise with testing, masks and some social distancing.  That was also a little getting use to.  Getting "Back in the Saddle" isn't that easy.  I feel more like the Gene Autry version than Aerosmith...lol

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

Thank you most sincerely Brandee and Linda Mareblu.  Got a few bruises and still sore, hard to get into car. But thank goodness for Woolworths and Coles home deliveries. They even bring me my medicine.

gettyimages-1231126649-612x612.jpg.c2dea83c7ebd4afa9d654bf35432aa0d.jpg

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thank you most sincerely Brandee and Linda Mareblu.  Got a few bruises and still sore, hard to get into car. But thank goodness for Woolworths and Coles home deliveries. They even bring me my medicine.

gettyimages-1231126649-612x612.jpg.c2dea83c7ebd4afa9d654bf35432aa0d.jpg

Cheers.

Enjoy a double for us.  Cheers!

PS:  did you watch The Open?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm so sorry that you have Covid.  Is Telehealth taking good care of you at home?  Have you had all your booster vaccines?  The telehealth nurse told my friend she would be in hospital if she hadn't received all her boosters.  She would agree with you that Covid sucks and is still testing positive after her isolation period.  

Hi, yes I have had all my boosters except for for number 4 which I was just about to get...

18 hours ago, possum52 said:

Sorry you have Covid and that it has hit you hard. Take care of yourself. 

I think for some if not many people it has been like having a cold. It was for my husband and I and members of our family. But we were lucky, I believe not to have severe symptoms. The worse for me was the fatigue I felt a week or so later when symptoms had gone. I am still feeling those affects at times. 

Thanks for the article, it is what the experts have been saying. 

It has taught me a lesson as I was feeling quite casual about catching Covid.  Now my motivation is not to get it again, particularly as it seems you can catch Omicron again so quickly.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 5:42 PM, lyndarra said:

It's a 21 day Deal of a Trip for Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Going 10 days early which we will spend in France with an Oz couple who own a house not far from Bordeaux.

Watching the news lately I see there are fires in all these places, including near Bordeaux.

I was in Spain and Portugal 3 years ago  when NSW was on fire. Irony?

2 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

It has taught me a lesson as I was feeling quite casual about catching Covid.  Now my motivation is not to get it again, particularly as it seems you can catch Omicron again so quickly.

We were quite nervous about catching Covid, as we both have other medical conditions so we were relieved that our bouts were quite minor compared to some friends and their families. But we don't want to catch it again!  Look after yourself.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Watching the news lately I see there are fires in all these places, including near Bordeaux.

I was in Spain and Portugal 3 years ago  when NSW was on fire. Irony?

Yes I was surprised to see the extent of the fires in places you are about to visit as well as extreme temperatures.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes I was surprised to see the extent of the fires in places you are about to visit as well as extreme temperatures.

My son and family are in London currently, he sent me a message...'The Poms are dropping like flies in the 37C heat. lol.  In the regional areas of UK the natives are driving around 24/7 in their motors (Brit name for cars) with the a/c on full blast.  Few houses, hotels and shopping centres have a/c.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

My son and family are in London currently, he sent me a message...'The Poms are dropping like flies in the 37C heat. lol.  In the regional areas of UK the natives are driving around 24/7 in their motors (Brit name for cars) with the a/c on full blast.  Few houses, hotels and shopping centres have a/c.

I have been in London during a heatwave and it was very unpleasant.  Buildings aren't built for heat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I have been in London during a heatwave and it was very unpleasant.  Buildings aren't built for heat.

Agree with this fact, however, the heat in the UK will have passed by Monday.

Actually, heat gone tomorrow 🙄

9E3DC201-3D09-45DF-9BF0-BDC1A9A1627F.jpeg

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Agree with this fact, however, the heat in the UK will have passed by Monday.

Actually, heat gone tomorrow 🙄

9E3DC201-3D09-45DF-9BF0-BDC1A9A1627F.jpeg

Oh no!  Enough to send the media into a spiral of depression

• Haha 1

For you mob doing some far south coast travel in NSW the Bega cheese visitor Centre has reopened after a two year closure. Good opportunity to visit also for cruise ship pax at Eden.

cheese.jpg.98a97bf55c5e3207f04b50441fd2a0ca.jpg

• Like 5

If it's not one thing it's another.

My sister & BIL retired a little while back and had a whole series of travels arranged (land & sea) in Nth America & Europe which were all impacted by COVID. They got some money refunded, some as credits and some they will likely never see.

Move on and arrange a month in Europe from next week, the main feature being river cruise. Part of their trip was already changed due to situation in Ukraine. My sister has already started packing, and they get a call from TA - due to the low river levels the river cruise cannot go ahead, so they can still do the trip by bus! Not what they were wanting, so trip is off again!!!

11 minutes ago, mr walker said:

My sister & BIL retired a little while back and had a whole series of travels arranged (land & sea) in Nth America & Europe which were all impacted by COVID. They got some money refunded, some as credits and some they will likely never see.

Move on and arrange a month in Europe from next week, the main feature being river cruise. Part of their trip was already changed due to situation in Ukraine. My sister has already started packing, and they get a call from TA - due to the low river levels the river cruise cannot go ahead, so they can still do the trip by bus! Not what they were wanting, so trip is off again!!!

What a terrible time they've endured.  I guess there would be many similar stories.  It's dreadful to be all prepared, excited about a new travel adventure, and then having the rug pulled.  Tell them to hang in there...I know in my bones we'll all be happily sailing and travelling again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mr walker said:

What a disappointment for your sister and BIL.  Lucky they were given the choice to cancel.  That trip by bus would have been a nightmare.  I hope they receive a full cash refund.  You may recall passengers on a Scenic River cruise weren't given a choice to cancel their cruise, although other companies offered refunds.  Their cruise turned in to a nightmare bus trip.  Passengers later sued the Company.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

It's great that the cruise company gave them the option of cancelling rather than going on a bus trip.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It's great that the cruise company gave them the option of cancelling rather than going on a bus trip.

Not sure which company they are using but after the class action against one of the companies, all of the companies will be offering people options

• Like 1