Plans for Third Sydney Cruise Ship Terminal Delayed 18 Months

40 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

i better watch my step now we have a arts and crafts graduate on here now , sorry psychology degree  same degree anyway lmfao .   

I don't really care what you think. But I have 4 degrees in total. One of them in Medical Science. Is that scientific enough for you? 

And no, I am too busy doing my own research in medical areas at the moment to do environmental research. But I'll take your answer as an admission that you do not have peer reviewed academic sources to back your claims. 

4 hours ago, christodan said:

I don't really care what you think. But I have 4 degrees in total. One of them in Medical Science. Is that scientific enough for you? 

And no, I am too busy doing my own research in medical areas at the moment to do environmental research. But I'll take your answer as an admission that you do not have peer reviewed academic sources to back your claims. 

My only achievement in life is becoming a alcoholic.

5 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

sorry was on the boat and enjoying it to much to come on here

Yeah, people do enjoy that, hence why cruising is attractive is a business, and a cruise terminal will be found to support operations. 

Where there's a will there's a way.

6 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Yeah, people do enjoy that, hence why cruising is attractive is a business, and a cruise terminal will be found to support operations. 

Where there's a will there's a way.

Now we are back in discussions maybe @gbenjo can join us and plan transport for the port Botany cruise terminal.

I m still pretty hot on the waterslide idea but what about a Zipline from the airport.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Great news, I have done some research and found that the new botany bay terminal is up for the highest bidder.

The Government never disappoints when there is cash involved. History will show plenty of examples of this behaviour.

who owns the airport now ,they will probably have plenty of superannuation money to invest.

25 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Now we are back in discussions maybe @gbenjo can join us and plan transport for the port Botany cruise terminal.

I m still pretty hot on the waterslide idea but what about a Zipline from the airport.

who owns the airport now ,they will probably have plenty of superannuation money to invest.

Not sure who owns it , but if they go broke the taxpayer will probably buy it back .

5 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Not sure who owns it , but if they go broke the taxpayer will probably buy it back .

I think Macquarie bank bought it from the federal government originally.

But after googling it ,just share holders.They wouldn’t be motivated to take on a cruise terminal.

It probably will go bust ,especially with airport west undercutting them .

Canberra airport closed its doors last week.

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think Macquarie bank bought it from the federal government originally.

But after googling it ,just share holders.They wouldn’t be motivated to take on a cruise terminal.

It probably will go bust ,especially with airport west undercutting them .

Canberra airport closed its doors last week.

Now there is another thought. WHEN the new airport comes there will lots of spare and valuable real estate sitting empty which could be incorporated into some sort of cruise terminal that could also be used for events ,conferences etc .

10 minutes ago, christodan said:

That's my aim after I retire.

Why wait until you retire?

The way I look at my drinking problem, I’m like a athlete.

I need to stay in training,keep in top form because one day ,unexpectedly . I may have to go into a marathon with another drunk.

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Now there is another thought. WHEN the new airport comes there will lots of spare and valuable real estate sitting empty which could be incorporated into some sort of cruise terminal that could also be used for events ,conferences etc .

True 

Airlines have been complaining about the fees for years.

A government owned airport west won’t have to worry about shareholders.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

There have been some serious questions asked about superannuation money.

Apparently more than $30b has been taken out in this foolhardy early access scheme. Adds to lower returns on super investments.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I need to stay in training,keep in top form because one day ,unexpectedly . I may have to go into a marathon with another drunk.

Athletics and alcohol don’t mix.

I keep slopping my drink out of the glass when I jog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

There have been some serious questions asked about superannuation money.

Apparently more than $30b has been taken out in this foolhardy early access scheme. Adds to lower returns on super investments.

There’s still something like a Trillion dollars ,we could build a good cruise terminal with that.

Heres a thought.

When airport west is up and running,Kingsford smith northern runway could be made into a cruise terminal.

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I train every day. 🍷

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

After his quarantine at the Salvation Army Home at Central Railway, or shall we send him to the Hyatt at Circular Quay? 

I don’t know?

Where’s the local skid row,he could get into training. Lyle could find a good coach there.

Is the salvos where the peak athletes stay?

Edited by Chiliburn

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know?

Where’s the local skid row,he could get into training. Lyle could find a good coach there.

Is the salvos where the peak athletes stay?

Back in the old days, we had the Matthew Talbot Hostel and the Peoples Palace where were used to take those less fortunate then ourselves, probably all gone now. Salvos at Central will do Lyle, week old Railway Pies served there.

Edited by NSWP

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

After his quarantine at the Salvation Army Home at Central Railway, or shall we send him to the Hyatt at Circular Quay? 

Depends if the govt is picking up the tab or he has to pay. A friend was among the first put into quarantine in a hotel, she didn’t winge and complain like so many, just that if they had let her choose the hotel and pay, she would have stayed somewhere better, she was in one of the one’s near Hyde Park, would have preferred one on the water lite Pier One or Park Hyatt.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Depends if the govt is picking up the tab or he has to pay. A friend was among the first put into quarantine in a hotel, she didn’t winge and complain like so many, just that if they had let her choose the hotel and pay, she would have stayed somewhere better, she was in one of the one’s near Hyde Park, would have preferred one on the water lite Pier One or Park Hyatt.

Where they stayed was pot luck Gut.

Just now, NSWP said:

Where they stayed was pot luck Gut.

Yep and where she stayed was wonderful,  she just would have liked somewhere better, she then came home to her farm and self isolated for three more weeks just to be sure.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Athletics and alcohol don’t mix.

I keep slopping my drink out of the glass when I jog.

Of course you may have so much more control over your drinking arm after your recovery. Perhaps your physiotherapist can help you with that😁