What and when was the last Carnival cruise you took?

mek

Vista in May 2019 with hubby, adult kids & their spouses and a couple that we regularly travel with.  We had a great time.  Hubby & family & friends surprised me with a vow renewal for our 40th anniversary.  They'd been planning it for a year without me knowing.

Our last cruise was 14 glorious days on a Journeys cruise on the Carnival Breeze in November 2019...love those 5th floor hot tubs.  We were scheduled on the cancelled March 7, 2020 Grand Princess 15 day to Hawaii.  Our next scheduled is our 14 day November 29, 2020 Carnival Glory to Panama (not through the canal)...hoping it happens. 🙂

70315517_10156980386391748_3815768436051542016_o.jpg

Edited by mbglib
added picture
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mek said:

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Carnival cruise you took.

Mine was on Elation in February 2020 - 5 nights, eastern Caribbean with few nights post cruise in Orlando where we went to Medieval Times and Sea World. We returned home on 2/15 and it had to be one of the last weeks where people cruised without much thought about the virus.

We had a wonderful trip - 4 generations sailed - 95, 69, 47, 31, and 5 years old.  We will probably never have the opportunity to do that again with the 95 year old, so we were so blessed to be able to complete this trip without any problems.

We were on Horizon's last cruise before the shut-down last month. Got back to Miami on 3/15. Everything was relatively calm when we left, but around day 6 of the cruise, we started getting word from back home that panic mode had spread. Schools closing, people emptying store shelves, fighting over toilet paper, etc. But the mood on the ship never changed. Everyone went on having a great time and no one talked about it. I'm sorry to see that they had to extend the shut-down yet again. I'm confident that when they do decide to return, it'll be done with their passengers' health & safety in mind. Even though we don't have one scheduled until Jan., I'd rather see them return sooner rather than later. I hate to see all these businesses that have to close during all this.

What did you think of the Elation? We'll be on it in January, right after New Year's.

Edited by Organized Chaos

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

We were on Horizon's last cruise before the shut-down last month. Got back to Miami on 3/15. Everything was relatively calm when we left, but around day 6 of the cruise, we started getting word from back home that panic mode had spread. Schools closing, people emptying store shelves, fighting over toilet paper, etc. But the mood on the ship never changed. Everyone went on having a great time and no one talked about it. I'm sorry to see that they had to extend the shut-down yet again. I'm confident that when they do decide to return, it'll be done with their passengers' health & safety in mind. Even though we don't have one scheduled until Jan., I'd rather see them return sooner rather than later. I hate to see all these businesses that have to close during all this.

What did you think of the Elation? We'll be on it in January, right after New Year's.

I was pleasantly surprised.  I knew going in that it is an older ship and the cabins are small.  Everything was well maintained and the dining rooms had a complete makeover - they looked nothing like they way they used to.  The buffet was still the crazy decor from the 90's but the food was pretty good.  The hot buffet was very small.  Guys burgers and the cantina by the pool were great!  We took a 5 year old on his first cruise and he had a blast - it was the perfect ship and just the right number of days for him.  

• Like 1

We sailed on the: 

Fascination March 1-8, 2020 and

Dream March 12-16, 2020

San Juan airport was packed with 4 large ships returning on March 8th.

The Dream required health screening and temperature check prior to boarding.

We were the last ship returning to Galveston. I felt safer on the ship than I did after returning home!

Edited by irisb
wrong date for Dream return

6 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Miracle -Thanksgiving 2016- Mexican Riviera

Yours.... nearly as long ago as our last - early April 2015 -Carnival Liberty

on her first Southern Caribbean run out of Puerto Rico

Southward to Barbados and back.

Waterslide-514.jpg

2ways-532.jpg

Atrium-550.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Yours.... nearly as long ago as our last - early April 2015 -Carnival Liberty

on her first Southern Caribbean run out of Puerto Rico

Southward to Barbados and back.

Waterslide-514.jpg

2ways-532.jpg

Atrium-550.jpg

That looks like it would be an awesome cruise!

Gosh, I sure do miss it. I'm due to sail the Panorama in October, we'll see. 

• Like 1