What and when was the last Carnival cruise you took?

mek

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Carnival cruise you took.

Mine was on Elation in February 2020 - 5 nights, eastern Caribbean with few nights post cruise in Orlando where we went to Medieval Times and Sea World. We returned home on 2/15 and it had to be one of the last weeks where people cruised without much thought about the virus.

We had a wonderful trip - 4 generations sailed - 95, 69, 47, 31, and 5 years old.  We will probably never have the opportunity to do that again with the 95 year old, so we were so blessed to be able to complete this trip without any problems.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

Facebook is reminding me that two years ago today we were just getting to Orlando to cruise Carnival Magic. We were supposed to go March 14th this year but had cancelled before we were due to fly. I am crossing fingers and toes we'll be on the Horizon in December. The Magic cruise was so great, we had such a fun time and enjoyed the whole trip so much. I travel with my son, he loves cruising as much as I do, he loved the water slides and ropes course, and even went to the kids club a couple times. It was our second time on Carnival, we did a few Royal cruises in between and we both agreed that it was much more fun to be on Carnival (though we do still want to try an Oasis class on RCL someday). 

Early April 2019 on Valor out of Galveston.  5 day trip to Cozumel and Progreso with my wife and two stepsons (12/8 at the time).  We had just went on a week long MSC Seaside cruise in December that was a HUGE letdown.  I felt like I needed to make it up to them so I surprised the kids with their first balcony.  It was awesome.  A trip I'd do 10 out of 10 times given the chance.

My last Carnival cruise was on the Panorama in December.  We loved it and the Rhythm of the Nights excursion was the best one we have been on so far.

My last cruise was on Harmony of the Seas out of Port Canaveral on March 8th.  The cruise was a lot of fun and my grandson's first cruise ever.  The crew was constantly cleaning and I had no worries at all about the virus.  However, I was nervous flying home out of Orlando.  

By the time we got off of the ship, things were crazy.  My next trip was supposed to be on the Magic this month, but we rescheduled to the Freedom out of Galveston in September.  We are really hoping things will be much better by then.

Breeze from Port Canaveral in early September 2019, an overnight in Bermuda.  I'm glad I went then because we made it before the hurricanes starting coming through the Atlantic.

Was supposed to do the Breeze again May 23, 2020 but switched to July 2020 right before it was cancelled.  If we make it, we make it.  If not, oh well.