Chances of sailing June 1

I was trying to reschedule this morning for the end of July.  I was not able to. I kept getting an error message telling me to call Princess to finish the booking.  That isn't a good sign... 😞 

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

I was trying to reschedule this morning for the end of July.  I was not able to. I kept getting an error message telling me to call Princess to finish the booking.  That isn't a good sign... 😞 

What year?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What year? 

2020.  I was hoping that they would sail by the end of July.  But, it looks like this summer is going to be over for all ports out of the USA.

I was trying to book a Princess cruise, not RC.

Edited by jp2746

6 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

2020.  I was hoping that they would sail by the end of July.  But, it looks like this summer is going to be over for all ports out of the USA.

No one is cruising in 2020, try next year.........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 48traveler said:

Why are they still showing a May 15 cruise from Galveston able to book ?

Royal is happy to take any money you are willing to give them.  Just be prepared to not get anything in return, at least for a LONG time.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I just attempted a mock booking on Princess for Australia end of July. I know that's not happening but I got all the way to where I would enter my information.  Maybe the site had an issue when you tried. At any rate save yourself the time and deposit because It's not happening.   

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Here in Ca. Newsom just announced Ca. may start lifting stay at home guidelines may 1st.  They want Ca. to be fully open for June - August.   Summer vacation months bring billions to Ca.  Now money talks. Cruise lines bring billions into the us port cities,            they keep many port cities afloat.  If you open your port but I keep my port closed you get all the money,  Virus, what Virus. 

That is NOT at all what he said! For starters he made it very clear that any mass gatherings that include 100s or 1000s of people will be negligible for June, July & August. He also said nothing about trying to lift guidelines May 1st. First, it will be up to local governments when SIP orders are lifted and there are also 6 qualifying factors that have to happen before he'll even consider reopening anything. He gave ZERO dates yesterday. He even said reopening schools in the Fall is a maybe and that if so they'd have to do it in a way that allows for social distancing. He did say he hopes to have more answers in 2 weeks. 

I'm really trying to figure out where you got this because it so far off from what he said. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just attempted a mock booking on Princess for Australia end of July. I know that's not happening but I got all the way to where I would enter my information.  Maybe the site had an issue when you tried. At any rate save yourself the time and deposit because It's not happening.   

I’m just amazed with all this going on, people still want to cruise next month and through the summer. Maybe they turn 70 in the Fall. Cruising will not be the same when it resumes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 48traveler said:

Why are they still showing a May 15 cruise from Galveston able to book ?

Last week I was sent a Royal Up bid for a May 31 cruise. I didn’t bite  and I don’t expect it to sail. 

I am not canceling, I would rather wait for RCCL to cancel so I can get a refund and not FCC

m

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m just amazed with all this going on, people still want to cruise next month and through the summer. Maybe they turn 70 in the Fall. Cruising will not be the same when it resumes. 

I don't get it either. Someone has to be the guinea pig when this gets started again but it won't be me.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Last week I was sent a Royal Up bid for a May 31 cruise. I didn’t bite  and I don’t expect it to sail. 

I am not canceling, I would rather wait for RCCL to cancel so I can get a refund and not FCC

m

Yeah, I think that is all automated...and of course the website is frustrating even in normal times.  😉  

I am sure you got your email that your cruise docs were ready for your 5/31 cruise...just like I did.  😮 

I fully expect to get our cancel email at anytime now. 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I think that is all automated...and of course the website is frustrating even in normal times.  😉  

I am sure you got your email that your cruise docs were ready for your 5/31 cruise...just like I did.  😮 

I fully expect to get our cancel email at anytime now. 

Yup  - received the docs.  Didn't bother to open the mail  or take the time to  check in!  

I am on another social media  cruise specific page and  a few on the page  still think we are sailing.   And then others are making alternate May 31 vacation plans in Florida!  😱   Me?.... we are sitting tight right at home  for a while.  

M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yup  - received the docs.  Didn't bother to open the mail  or take the time to  check in!  

I am on another social media  cruise specific page and  a few on the page  still think we are sailing.   And then others are making alternate May 31 vacation plans in Florida!  😱   Me?.... we are sitting tight right at home  for a while.  

M

Yup, sitting here at home as well...."under house arrest" as it feels.  😮 

Not sure where peeps with alternate vacation plans would go.  So many places are shut down here, as they really should be with the constant reminders to stay at home.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, molly361 said:

From a Webinar with Vicki Freed today

Freed indicated that while Royal Caribbean "is still evaluating" what the 'No Sail Order' means to the cruise line, she said, "we are going to come out with a statement on our suspensions in the next day or so."

Thanks for the update...been looking for that info.  Appreciate it.  🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

From a Webinar with Vicki Freed today

Freed indicated that while Royal Caribbean "is still evaluating" what the 'No Sail Order' means to the cruise line, she said, "we are going to come out with a statement on our suspensions in the next day or so."

Wow..........can't figure out what "No Sail Order Means"   Really? think they may have laid off the wrong people at RCCL?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1