Chances of sailing June 1

5 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Carnival has cancelled sailings until June 27th. Do you think they would cancel that far out without knowing something?

They wouldn't sit back and watch the others sail.   So no June 1st isn't going to sail!

I was going to say the same thing.  This announcement will set a president that very end of June will be the first sailings.

They will cancel as it suites them so probably a roll out method of the rest of May and some June.  Then a little later all the June sailings to limit the run on the call centers is my guess.

Edited by bearette

1 hour ago, ssbeard1 said:

We are set to sail independence of the seas on June 1 for 4 nights.   We have 3 cabins.    With the extension of the CDC’s quarantine of cruise ships for “at least 100 days” do we stand a chance of sailing?   When do you think RCL will cancel ?

Well the answer is in your question ...100 days, so no you wouldn’t be sailing. I’m not being snap by any means but I’m not getting why you would need to ask. 
Royal will send something out at some point but given that cruises were shut down at this point I’d imagine they would just assume people would know that their cruises are cancelled. 
Now  the question is how will Royal compensate these cruises as they are not liable to do so since they were shut down by a government mandate . Take a look at the cruise contract 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Guess this pretty much means Alaska is closed for the Summer of 2020, Beyond me why they still saying the roundtrips from Seattle will still happen?

In addition, Princess Cruises can confirm modifications to the Alaska season, which includes the cancellation of all Princess Alaska Gulf cruise and cruisetours. The five wilderness lodges, trains and buses operated by Princess in Alaska will not open this summer. We will continue round-trip sailings from Seattle to Alaska on Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess.

"This global outbreak continues to challenge our world in unimaginable ways. We recognize how disappointing this is to our long-term business partners and thousands of employees, many of whom have been with us in Alaska for decades," said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. "We hope everyone impacted by these cancellations – especially our guests, travel advisor partners, teammates, and the communities we visit – understand our decision to do our part to protect the safety, health and well-being of our guests and team. We look forward to the brighter days and smooth seas ahead for all of us."

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess this pretty much means Alaska is closed for the Summer of 2020, Beyond me why they still saying the roundtrips from Seattle will still happen?

In addition, Princess Cruises can confirm modifications to the Alaska season, which includes the cancellation of all Princess Alaska Gulf cruise and cruisetours. The five wilderness lodges, trains and buses operated by Princess in Alaska will not open this summer. We will continue round-trip sailings from Seattle to Alaska on Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess.

"This global outbreak continues to challenge our world in unimaginable ways. We recognize how disappointing this is to our long-term business partners and thousands of employees, many of whom have been with us in Alaska for decades," said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. "We hope everyone impacted by these cancellations – especially our guests, travel advisor partners, teammates, and the communities we visit – understand our decision to do our part to protect the safety, health and well-being of our guests and team. We look forward to the brighter days and smooth seas ahead for all of us."

I saw that and was a bit surprised by it as well.  I guess they are holding out hope that the season isn't a total loss?  Seattle/Washington state have done a pretty good job of slowing down the virus at this point, but I'm not sure they'll be opening their port to cruising any time soon.

2 hours ago, ssbeard1 said:

We are set to sail independence of the seas on June 1 for 4 nights.   We have 3 cabins.    With the extension of the CDC’s quarantine of cruise ships for “at least 100 days” do we stand a chance of sailing?   When do you think RCL will cancel ?

Um....A big fat 0

• Thanks 1

Nope. We had two scheduled next month. May 15 we already cancelled and May 22 I'm sure won't happen.  We're not even taking bets on our Nov cruises.  Hoping our ones next year, May, July and Nov happen.  

• Like 1

I want so bad to cancel airline tickets but I am waiting for a confirmation on our June 7th cruise out of New York.  :0 I know it won't go, but I have to hear it or see it in writing before I cancel the airline tickets.  UUUGGGGG   Just do this already so I can cancel everything and get that off my mind!

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

I want so bad to cancel airline tickets but I am waiting for a confirmation on our June 7th cruise out of New York.  :0 I know it won't go, but I have to hear it or see it in writing before I cancel the airline tickets.  UUUGGGGG   Just do this already so I can cancel everything and get that off my mind!

A Hot Spot........Oh No!

4 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I have airline tickets to Florida June 5th. We were flying there for a College graduation which was canceled. I'm waiting until June 4th hoping that the flight gets canceled or time change so I can get a refund instead of a credit. Then I have to worry about the return flight on June 14th.

Here in Ca. Newsom just announced Ca. may start lifting stay at home guidelines may 1st.  They want Ca. to be fully open for June - August.   Summer vacation months bring billions to Ca.  Now money talks. Cruise lines bring billions into the us port cities,            they keep many port cities afloat.  If you open your port but I keep my port closed you get all the money,  Virus, what Virus. 

• Like 1

Funny, how Royal Caribbean is doing nothing but now Holland America just sent out this.........They are Canceling the Alaska Season  2020 also 

Dear Valued Travel Partner,

Due to continued travel restrictions, port closures, and surrounding global health concerns, along with the recent recommendation by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to extend their previously announced “No Sail Order,” Holland America Line has made the difficult decision to delay the start of the Alaska, Europe, and Canada & New England cruise seasons through June 30, 2020. In addition, we have also made the decision to cancel all remaining 2020 Alaska cruises on the following ships: Maasdam, Volendam, Oosterdam, Noordam, and Westerdam. In addition, all 2020 Land+Sea Journeys are also cancelled.

In light of this extension, we are offering two forms of compensation from which your clients can choose:

• Option #1 — We would love to welcome your clients on board a future Holland America Line cruise. As an incentive to plan another voyage, your clients who were paid in full can choose to defer a refund, and instead receive a future cruise credit for 125% of the base cruise fare paid PLUS an onboard credit of US$250 per person. The Future Cruise Credit can be applied toward any future cruise(s) booked by December 31, 2020 for cruise(s) that sail by December 31, 2021. If your client(s) had not yet paid in full, your client will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the amount paid Holland America Line, PLUS an onboard credit of US$250 per person, which can be applied toward any future cruise(s) through December 31, 2021. Non-cruise fare purchases from Holland America Line will be refunded to the method of payment used for the original purchase. The terms and conditions of the Future Cruise Credit appear below.

• Option #2 — If your client does not wish to receive the 125% future cruise credit plus US$250 onboard credit per person, a 100% refund of all monies received by Holland America Line will be reimbursed to the original form of payment. This includes Holland America Line’s FlightEase air, Cancellation Protection Plan, Holland America Line pre- or post-cruise hotel packages or transfers, prepaid shore excursions and amenities purchased through Holland America Line, and taxes, fees, and port expenses.

Please note: The above programs are not applicable to guests booked on a charter sailing. If any portion of your clients’ travel was not booked through Holland America Line, other booking and cancellation conditions and policies may apply. Most airlines and other travel-related services such as hotels, transportation, and tours are allowing refunds or waiving change fees due to the COVID-19 pandemic; please work directly with those operators regarding their charges.

For our valued travel partners, we are pleased to offer the below compensation model:

• For clients who paid in full: We will protect your full commission on bookings for cancelled voyages and for the total amount of the future cruise credits when your clients rebook.

• For clients who have not paid in full: standard commission policies apply.

While the ultimate decision is up to you and your clients, we hope they strongly consider Option 1, transferring the money they have paid and accepting the future cruise credit. This represents a much higher value and maximum benefit for your clients. The future cruise credit can be used on any voyages that sail through December 31, 2021.

We have incredible offers that you can offer your clients as an incentive to move their cruise to later this year or into 2021 — with only 50% deposit. The “Save Now, Cruise Later” promotion is valued at more than US$2,300 – and your clients can also receive a discounted cruise fare when choosing a non-refundable deposit. Save Now Cruise Later is combinable with Standard Group Rates and Group Amenities (GAP+TC), adding even more value. Offers include:

• FREE drinks
  • FREE gratuities
  • FREE signature dining package
  • Plus, free WIFI for suites

We recognize that for some clients, choosing the future cruise credit may not be financially possible. That is why we are presenting two options, and have an electronic form available here where guests who are booked during this specific time period can request a cash refund.

The deadline for selecting their compensation choice is June 1, 2020. If your clients do not respond by June 1st, they will be deemed to have elected a 125% future cruise credit plus US$250 onboard spending money as outlined in Option 1 above. Please note, your clients with fully paid bookings may cancel the future cruise credit at any time and the value, less the 25% bonus amount, will be refunded.

Please note that due to the unprecedented volume of bookings impacted by cancellations, processing your clients’ election of Option 1 or 2 will take up to 60 days as our team works through each booking.

Should you have any questions, please contact us at the appropriate office:

Seattle Office (USD/CAD currency):
Contact us at 1-800-577-1729 or 206-626-7385. We are available Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 5:00pm PT.

Rotterdam Office (EUR currency):
Contact us at 00800 1873 1873. We are available Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm.
For Netherlands contact us at 0800 724 5425. We are available Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm.

Southampton Office (GBP currency):
Contact us at 0344 338 8605. We are available Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm.

Sydney Office (AUD currency):
Contact us at 1300 987 321. We are available Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 7:00pm.

Having sailed to destinations around the globe for 147 years, all of us at Holland America Line share in your disappointment of this news. We extend our most sincere apologies for this cancellation and we truly appreciate your clients’ patience and understanding during these circumstances.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to our continued partnership.

Warm Regards,
Orlando Ashford
President, Holland America Line

For more information on Holland America Line’s voluntary temporary pause in global operations, please visit our News page.

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) Terms & Conditions

The value of this credit may be applied to the cruise fare only of a new cruise or Land+Sea Journey reservation with Holland America Line, and it is combinable with any other applicable discount. While the Future Cruise Credit is valid until December 31, 2021, it must be booked by December 31, 2020. Although you may choose any stateroom category, this offer is dependent upon space availability and cannot be transferred, refunded, or used as a deposit. This credit may not be used for onboard expenses, pre- and post-cruise packages, shore excursions, taxes, fees and port expenses, Cancellation Protection Plans, FlightEase air, Hotel Service Charges, or other optional programs or services. We ask that you or your travel professional verify this offer with our Reservation Agent at the time your new reservation is placed. For your convenience, the credit is built in direct association with Mariner Numbers so it will automatically be credited toward the cruise fare of the next Holland America Line sailing booked.

If a guest elects Option 1 and does not use his/her FCC and wants a refund thereafter of the original base cruise fare paid, between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021, the guest can request Holland America Line to exchange the FCC for a refund of the amount paid on the booking. Refund will be issued within approximately 60 days from request date. Requests accepted via email to guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. In no situation shall a guest be entitled to a refund greater than the amount paid on the booking. Guests selecting Option 1 and requesting a refund as set forth herein will not be entitled to any other compensation/credit. Guests selecting Option 2 shall not be entitled to any additional refund (other than the initial refund as set forth in Option 2) at any time. All FCC’s expire on December 31, 2021 and are subject to published terms, conditions, and restrictions.

To the extent a guest does not elect either Option 1 or Option 2 by June 1, 2020, guest will be deemed to have accepted Option 1. Once Option 1 or 2 is elected (or deemed elected as set forth herein), it shall be deemed accepted, final, and binding.

Offer and its terms are subject to change.

Thank you for your business and loyalty to Holl

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Funny, how Royal Caribbean is doing nothing but now Holland America just sent out this.........They are Canceling the Alaska season for 2020 also

Majority of HAL passengers would need a Dr's note so they are between a rock and a hard place anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Funny, how Royal Caribbean is doing nothing but now Holland America just sent out this.........They are Canceling the Alaska season for 2020 also

So now the 3 major brands under the Carnival corp umbrella have made the move to push to end of June.  Nothing yet from NCL or Royal.  Ugh!  

I feel like the ports of the Caribbean will reopen soon.  Their economy is so incredibly dependent on the cruise lines and their governments are not strong enough to support all their citizens for months.  So, I am guessing that cruises will resume by at least August.  But, that is a guess like everyone else.  It means nothing.  lol

Just now, rockmom said:

So now the 3 major brands under the Carnival corp umbrella have made the move to push to end of June.  Nothing yet from NCL or Royal.  Ugh!  

They have been proactive since the Princess issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

I feel like the ports of the Caribbean will reopen soon.  Their economy is so incredibly dependent on the cruise lines and their governments are not strong enough to support all their citizens for months.  So, I am guessing that cruises will resume by at least August.  But, that is a guess like everyone else.  It means nothing.  lol

Just in time for prime Hurricane season.  Hurricane damage with a side order of Covid. That should help their ecomomy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Majority of HAL passengers would need a Dr's note so they are between a rock and a hard place anyway.

We have been on 1 Hal cruise, it was surprising really good. The food was so much better then Royal, really didn't notice it as to having a really older crowd. We were abouty 40 when we sailed.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

We have been on 1 Hal cruise, it was surprising really good. The food was so much better then Royal, really didn't notice it as to having a really older crowd. We were abouty 40 when we sailed.

The cruise line has good reviews. Maybe it depends on the itinerary. I sailed on Princess when I was in my 30's and 40's now pushing 60 I feel that's starting to be to old for me which is why I have been trying Royal.

12 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Cruise passengers are a double edge sword. The bring some money into an economy, but not nearly as much as overnight tourists, whom they can chase away. I think a lot of ports (though fewer in the Caribbean than elsewhere) are going to take this as an opportunity to rethink their tourism plans. 

I do think, in general, some of the Caribbean ports will open before the US ports do. Then what? Will we see Caribbean cruises that exclude US ports? Would Royal do a 4-day Cozumel -> Labadee -> Cozumel sailing? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Their health care systems would collapse faster than some of their buildings during a hurricane if a Diamond Princess ever pulled into port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1