What happens to FCC if they cancel twice?

SpoonMan23

I'm booked for May 16th. If they give us 150% FCC once they cancel, and we book for the next possible cruise and they cancel that again, do they give us 150%  on top of the 150% we already had?

Has anyone had them cancel two bookings already?

I expect it would be the same as CruiseNext certificates.

I would expect the first FCC to be returned to the account with the original expiry date and any additional payment to be returned at 150% as a NEW FCC. I would expect two seperate credits to be issued.

I used FCC from last April to partly pay for my now cancelled Bliss cruise. There was no mention of that credit on my new FCC email or in the refund request. I'm waiting to see if it shows up on my account after the refund is processed before trying to call. 

15 hours ago, seaman11 said:

my april booking was cancelled i received 125%fcc im hopeing if this may one is cancelled i get another 125%  we shall see 

On your may cruise how did they apply the FCC and payments? I saw a posting on here a bit ago where there was a discussion about if you had to pay a deposit prior to applying the FCC. Someone posted that the extra 25% on her booking was a "discount" as opposed to a payment. So if her cruise was 1,000 and she got the $1,250. When she went to book a $1,250 cruise; the $250 was applied to bring down the rate of her cruise but wasn't applied as a "payment" just the rate was reduced. I could see this as a way for them to get around that. Only applying the original 100% as payment so you can't double dip on the bonuses FCC.

Our May booking was cancelled. 125% FCC

rebooked the Sun for October. This was also cancelled. 
since we were in the deposit phase, they are refunding everyone to their original payment method. No FCC talked about at all. The original 25% is still showing on our account. 

Edited by LinnieRed

18 hours ago, SpoonMan23 said:

I'm booked for May 16th. If they give us 150% FCC once they cancel, and we book for the next possible cruise and they cancel that again, do they give us 150%  on top of the 150% we already had?

I will know any day now

I have a May 31 cruise that is paid fully with FCC.

I also purchased travel insurance at a cost of $88.

So I would expect the extra FCC as I will lose the insurance monies.

Steve

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I will know any day now

Steve

When our March cruise was cancelled the travel insurance company gave us a "voucher" to be applied to a future trip.  There was a simple online form I filled out, and then they emailed me a voucher code, which my travel agent used when we booked our cruise for next March.  Worked like a charm.  I might reach out to your travel insurance company.  The voucher was good for a year or two I think.

56 minutes ago, brovol said:

When our March cruise was cancelled the travel insurance company gave us a "voucher" to be applied to a future trip.  There was a simple online form I filled out, and then they emailed me a voucher code, which my travel agent used when we booked our cruise for next March.  Worked like a charm.  I might reach out to your travel insurance company.  The voucher was good for a year or two I think.

If the cruise line cancels the cruise, its on them. I am not going out of my way at all.

This cruise is for May 31st and they still have not cancelled despite CDC 100 day order.

This is intentional and misleading and is a way they can keep cash or bookings on hand.

Steve

1 minute ago, mscdivina2016 said:

If the cruise line cancels the cruise, its on them. I am not going out of my way at all.

This cruise is for May 31st and they still have not cancelled despite CDC 100 day order.

This is intentional and misleading and is a way they can keep cash or bookings on hand.

Steve

Huh?  I was just saying that the private travel insurance, which I purchased separate from the cruise booking, and not through NCL, gave me a voucher for the insurance, to be used if and when I travel again.  Could use for a non-cruise trip too. 

I guarantee that if NCL cancelled a cruise it is not going to reimburse you for the insurance, unless it was NCL's own insurance program.

2 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

Our May booking was cancelled. 125% FCC

rebooked the Sun for October. This was also cancelled. 
since we were in the deposit phase, they are refunding everyone to their original payment method. No FCC talked about at all. The original 25% is still showing on our account. 

Curious, why was the Sun cancelled?

20 hours ago, SpoonMan23 said:

See my previous post - this is in the FAQs:

image.png.bd36799edab9d5a3824236746de4326b.png

19 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I expect it would be the same as CruiseNext certificates.

I would expect the first FCC to be returned to the account with the original expiry date and any additional payment to be returned at 150% as a NEW FCC. I would expect two seperate credits to be issued.

35 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

See my previous post - this is in the FAQs:

image.png.bd36799edab9d5a3824236746de4326b.png

That is exactly what I anticipated it's their normal way of dealing with credits.

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I will know any day now

Steve

Interesting-   because there are times where FCC is not insurable.    It can have no cash value.     Same as with FF miles.      

General comment to keep in mind and verify with policy.    

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

On your may cruise how did they apply the FCC and payments? I saw a posting on here a bit ago where there was a discussion about if you had to pay a deposit prior to applying the FCC. Someone posted that the extra 25% on her booking was a "discount" as opposed to a payment. So if her cruise was 1,000 and she got the $1,250. When she went to book a $1,250 cruise; the $250 was applied to bring down the rate of her cruise but wasn't applied as a "payment" just the rate was reduced. I could see this as a way for them to get around that. Only applying the original 100% as payment so you can't double dip on the bonuses FCC.

i called up and had both applied from each traveler.   so the %100 percent plus the %25 , they were put in separately. 

3 hours ago, brovol said:

Huh?  I was just saying that the private travel insurance, which I purchased separate from the cruise booking, and not through NCL, gave me a voucher for the insurance, to be used if and when I travel again.  Could use for a non-cruise trip too. 

I guarantee that if NCL cancelled a cruise it is not going to reimburse you for the insurance, unless it was NCL's own insurance program.

I understand what you are saying on this thread. Yes I do not expect NCL to reimburse me directly. Indirectly...yes, which would be the FCC.

So I use FCC for a cruise, they cancel, I expect my original FCC back plus 25% more FCC as compensation. That compensation covers insurance, hotel cancellation fee's ect.

Now on another thread, I did purchase NCLs own program and was not reimbursed for it. I also sent the insurance company, per the policy a letter, that I was using my 10 day free look to cancel said policy and the certified letter mailing address as provided in the policy , was no good, the letter was returned as undeliverable.

Steve

So let me get this straight, if I use my Bonus FCC ( I have both 50% and 25% from 2 separate cruises) that it just brings down the cruise fare. If NCL cancels the cruise I used the bonus FCC on, I will lose that and it won't be put back into my account because it didn't go in as a payment, just a reduction in price?