If You Are Scared To Cruise, Don't Cruise.

2 minutes ago, zalusky said:

I agree with that we just need to get mask wearers to be more compliant.  Dense crowds like sporting events probably need some more thought.  We learn more stuff everyday and fine tune as we go.  I wish more people on both sides could say I made a mistake on that one and evolve.

That's a tough one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's a tough one. 

As much as I love my San Jose Sharks hockey we will be skipping my ten pack this coming season.  The wife has multiple risk factors being a kidney transplant patient.  Even before this outbreak we think she caught the flu a couple of times there as well touching all the rails just to move around.

• Like 1

You came to a thread titled "If you are too scared to cruise, don't cruise". You came here. And yes, it does include a lot of people. Your Country has roughly 300 million people yet only only 94k have died so far. And there are quite a few people who say that 94k number has been elevated due to political pressure. Time to turn off the news.......

I am scared to cruise right now. Anyone with common sense would be. As for the 94,000 so far if anything it is understated. But I don’t think those who died are disposable because they are elderly or have underlying conditions. That does seems to be some people’s thinking. Not mine. I am for protecting the vulnerable. As far as political pressure, you can’t explain it to that unless you are one of those who fall for conspiracy theories. A certain part of the population is gullible to irrational beliefs when reality does not fit their set views.
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, zalusky said:

As much as I love my San Jose Sharks hockey we will be skipping my ten pack this coming season.  The wife has multiple risk factors being a kidney transplant patient.  Even before this outbreak we think she caught the flu a couple of times there as well touching all the rails just to move around.

Jumbo Joe has shaved his beard!!!! Looks 15 years younger!!!

If your wife had the flu this past winter it may just have been Covid-19.....

Edited by Mapleleafforever

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Jumbo Joe has shaved his beard!!!! Looks 15 years younger!!!

If your wife had the flu this past winter it may just have been Covid-19.....

Yea I hope they bring Joe back for one more year and Marleau is another question especially since he will most likely get the "Most Games Played" status this coming year.

Yea we wonder about it.  We may try for an antibody test at some point.  The problem is many of them are unreliable.

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I am scared to cruise right now. Anyone with common sense would be. As for the 94,000 so far if anything it is understated. But I don’t think those who died are disposable because they are elderly or have underlying conditions. That does seems to be some people’s thinking. Not mine. I am for protecting the vulnerable. As far as political pressure, you can’t explain it to that unless you are one of those who fall for conspiracy theories. A certain part of the population is gullible to irrational beliefs when reality does not fit their set views.

No need to fall for any conspiracy theories. It's just too late for any Government to just end a lockdown overnight.....it would be admitting a major mistake and thus political suicide. 

I must have missed the part where someone said those who died were disposable. That's far from the case. You can in fact protect the vulnerable while still trying to protect the economy. Who knows, in 5 years maybe the suicides related to all this will surpass the deaths from the actual disease. This is a real concern right now. 

Once again I must stress, turn off the news. You'll feel better immediately. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zalusky said:

Yea I hope they bring Joe back for one more year and Marleau is another question especially since he will most likely get the "Most Games Played" status this coming year.

Yea we wonder about it.  We may try for an antibody test at some point.  The problem is many of them are unreliable.

We loved Marleau for the short time we had him. 

Reliable antibody tests will be here before a vaccine which is good. I am weary of a rushed vaccine. 

No need to fall for any conspiracy theories. It's just too late for any Government to just end a lockdown overnight.....it would be admitting a major mistake and thus political suicide.    I must have missed the part where someone said those who died were disposable. That's far from the case. You can in fact protect the vulnerable while still trying to protect the economy. Who knows, in 5 years maybe the suicides related to all this will surpass the deaths from the actual disease. This is a real concern right now.   

Once again I must stress, turn off the news. You'll feel better immediately. 

Most of the government’s are ending the lockdowns.  

As for the news. You don’t have a clue as to where I get news. You appear to be stressed out that I don’t agree with your notions. I said earlier you are not going to convince me and I won’t convince you. You are one of those special people who believes they know everything and only they know the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We loved Marleau for the short time we had him. 

Reliable antibody tests will be here before a vaccine which is good. I am weary of a rushed vaccine. 

My son in law's family is from Toronto.  We did a New England cruisetour starting there last October had a great time.  So much for this year.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:08 PM, Cafedumonde said:

Yes in very small amounts to get over your allergy.  

Unfortunately for someone with a severe allergy causing anaphylaxis, that is a deadly suggestion. 

I speak from tremendous experience. I have many deadly allergies. At one point an allergist thinking he was a genius tried a minute trace injection of one allergen to see if I would gradually become immune. I went into anaphylactic shock! 

He decided it was best to stop trying and make sure that I avoided those allergens and carry Epipens. 

19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Most of the government’s are ending the lockdowns.  

As for the news. You don’t have a clue as to where I get news. You appear to be stressed out that I don’t agree with your notions. I said earlier you are not going to convince me and I won’t convince you. You are one of those special people who believes they know everything and only they know the truth.

Lol I have a pretty good idea where you get your news. 

You seem stressed that there are many people not living in constant fear like yourself. 

I can lead a horse to water but I can't make it drink. 

Lol I have a pretty good idea where you get your news.   

You seem stressed that there are many people not living in constant fear like yourself. 

I can lead a horse to water but I can't make it drink. 

ROFL. You don’t have a clue where I get my news. You proved my point. You can’t take opinions not your own. I won’t speculate where you get your news because it does not matter.

I am not in constant fear because I am social distancing. I do have fear of taking a cruise because social distancing would be an oxymoron on a cruise.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

ROFL. You don’t have a clue where I get my news. You proved my point. You can’t take opinions not your own. I won’t speculate where you get your news because it does not matter.

I am not in constant fear because I am social distancing. I do have fear of taking a cruise because social distancing would be an oxymoron on a cruise.

In August when cruising resumes you can see just how they work the social distancing. 

You seem to not be able to take anyone's opinion but yours. It seems you would be much better off staying away from ships for a while....but please excuse us if we go on without you.

Edited by L454S
  • Like 2

In August when cruising resumes you can see just how they work the social distancing. 

You bet I will wait until cruising resumes (unlikely to be August) to see how they work it. I will let others be the guinea pigs.

• Like 1

You seem to not be able to take anyone's opinion but yours. It seems you would be much better off staying away from ships for a while....but please excuse us if we go on without you.

You are not listening. I said I am staying away from cruise for a while. You are welcome to go on as soon as they let you. Whenever that is....

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Booked 8/3/20 Indy 5 night to CocoCay and Labadee.  Totally going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. I have heard totally going on this board every month. Time will tell. [emoji16]

I as at CocoCay in January. They have done a great job there post dock. I wonder how they will social distance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Booked 8/3/20 Indy 5 night to CocoCay and Labadee.  Totally going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People have been saying that since March.  I will believe it when I see it. I'm actually looking forward  to see if any of the on board predictions come to life.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

People have been saying that since March.  I will believe it when I see it. I'm actually looking forward  to see if any of the on board predictions come to life.

not worried. We are so ready to go, would have gone in June if we could have.  So totally believing we can go.  i am a positive person and will not be negative about anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, karena1 said:

not worried. We are so ready to go, would have gone in June if we could have.  So totally believing we can go.  i am a positive person and will not be negative about anything.

You have a lot of cruises booked so eventually one of them has to sail. It's just a matter of time. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

LOL. I have heard totally going on this board every month. Time will tell. emoji16.png

I as at CocoCay in January. They have done a great job there post dock. I wonder how they will social distance.

I am going.  Not worried about anything.  Just put me on a cruise ship and I am happy

What gets me, the sun, vitamin D which is a needed vitamin and most are not getting enough, fresh air and the saltwater are the best thing anyone can do to help prevent getting the virus. Is that not what a lot do in port. The beach and go swimming.  Yet, most oceanfront communities are not allowed to do so. How stupid are we?

• Like 2