Too many refund threads

25 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

MODERATORS (and posters):

Please lets consolidate and refrain from posting new threads!

I'd like to keep the separate thread that already exists about refunds being received and keep the negative threads in their own world so I don't have to sort through garbage to see what I need to see about when refunds are being distributed.

Edited by oaktreerb
found what I was looking for on another thread
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, vinfan said:

Agree with everyone bot Oaktree and Tennessee: most of us are looking at five-figure payments we’d like to get back!

I am also waiting on my 5 figure refund from 2 HAL cancelled cruise, and appreciate the refund threads...hope HAL is looking.

I just received another "we want your honest opinion" survey and as a 5* Mariner I gave them plenty to think about!

Still waiting patiently....

Karen

• Like 2

Don’t wait for a refund. When you dispute a credit card change, most credit card companies will give you a conditional credit immediately, then they contact the merchant for resolution.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jimbo59 said:

Don’t wait for a refund. When you dispute a credit card change, most credit card companies will give you a conditional credit immediately, then they contact the merchant for resolution.

But it WILL affect how your FCC is handled by the cruise line. (separate from any cash refunds)

The numbers of passengers on HAL any given week is about 35,000. Do you truly believe that a couple of hundred of you posting about your unreal expectations on receiving your refunds, will motivate HAL to change their process, during this unprecedented outbreak of sickness?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, MikeD4134 said:

The numbers of passengers on HAL any given week is about 35,000. Do you truly believe that a couple of hundred of you posting about your unreal expectations on receiving your refunds, will motivate HAL to change their process, during this unprecedented outbreak of sickness?

Not necessarily, but that's no reason not to voice one's frustration about it.

We know from past experience that Cruise Critic members' postings have mattered to HAL.

• Like 1

Totally agree with you. This threads are becoming very annoying. I try to reply to each one of them to help people get their things straight. But if I was a moderator I would merge all those threads and clean it from time to time when the issue of some particular passenger was getting solved. Unfortunately, I dont feel that this forum got enough moderators 

There are too many refund threads - so I will start another refund thread complaining about too many refund threads.    LOL

Sending an email to community@cruisecritic.com will alert the moderators of any concerns without adding more topics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I'd like to keep the separate thread that already exists about refunds being received and keep the negative threads in their own world so I don't have to sort through garbage to see what I need to see about when refunds are being distributed.

One person's trash is another person's treasure.

As someone who is losing confidence in seeing a refund at any point, I totally understand the multiple threads and negative threads.  Other than speculation on when cruising will return, is there any other germane topic these days?

I personally do not want to wade through 15 pages of a single thread.  i would rather read a new thread with 25 replies.

Don 

10 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

One person's trash is another person's treasure.

As someone who is losing confidence in seeing a refund at any point, I totally understand the multiple threads and negative threads.  Other than speculation on when cruising will return, is there any other germane topic these days?

I personally do not want to wade through 15 pages of a single thread.  i would rather read a new thread with 25 replies.

Don 

Don it’s not the amount of threads, it the amount of negative HAL talk that bothers a lot on this board. Some will back HAL to hell and back 

8 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

MODERATORS (and posters):

Please lets consolidate and refrain from posting new threads!

I don't get it.  If there are too many threads about refunds, then why start another one???

If there are too many threads then all you have to do is red triangle them and ask the mods to merge them.

The mods don't read every thread or post and right now, we have no dedicated mod so the red triangle, or triangling is the best strategy.  why clutter the boards with another thread about the very thing you are complaining about?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Unfortunately, I dont feel that this forum got enough moderators 

We lost our moderator (RIP Host Walt) and I suspect that right now there are just some dropping in when needed.  Just a best guess, though.

• Like 1

The reason there are so many new threads on this topic and many others is because the original ones run off into the woods. By the time you get past 20 or 25 posts the subject matter has turned into something far removed from the original subject.

Two free drinks and a 50 dollar OBC for anyone guilty.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

Considering the sorry state of the cruise industry right now, there's not a whole lot to talk about except money.

I don't see the problem with it. If I were waiting on $10,000, $20,000 or, in one case, $140,000 dollars and I wasn't getting any response, I'd be pissed too.

Psychologists tell us talking about it helps.

Edited by DFD1
  • Like 3