Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

8 hours ago, madera1 said:

We are exactly waiting like you for FCC and refund of port charges for same sailing and we canceled on March 9 .  I had to contact big box TA on Friday regarding another Hal cruise and while agent on line with Hal said we should have it within next two weeks.

I got the $245 port charges and taxes within a week and the one shore excursion I booked through HAL two weeks later.  Two other shore excursions booked through Viator were refunded to my credit card within days.  
I did speak with HAL yesterday.  They said my refund was sent to my credit card last Monday but it has not yet shown up.  Why?  When I book a cruise through VTG the charge appears almost instantaneously.  

6 hours ago, Cusebarman said:

I did speak with HAL yesterday.  They said my refund was sent to my credit card last Monday but it has not yet shown up.  Why?  When I book a cruise through VTG the charge appears almost instantaneously.

It took over a week for my refund to show up on my credit card.  When it did it was backdated to the date of refund.  My understanding is that the volumes are slowing down the credit card processing of credits (which seem to take longer to process than debits, normally for some reason).

2 hours ago, kazu said:

It took over a week for my refund to show up on my credit card.  When it did it was backdated to the date of refund.  My understanding is that the volumes are slowing down the credit card processing of credits (which seem to take longer to process than debits, normally for some reason).

Same here for my shore excursions - I couldn't find them on my statement at first because they were backdated over 2 weeks.

I am at exactly 60 days since HAL cancelled our Alaska cruise.  We were supposed to have left Vancouver  last Saturday, June 13 and they cancelled it April 15.  Refunds seem to be coming somewhat after the 60-day point.   I'll keep my eye on my Visa card. 

The credit card I used for a deposit on a fall cruise was compromised.  The refund has been idling in the banks vault since June 4th.  An e and follow up call got things straightened out, good thing I checked.  One refund down a big one to come - 102 days and counting.

• Like 1

Ours are FCC  BUT good news!!

99 days since cancellation today and FCCs are happening now. Just got the emails!

Mine and dh, plus mil and dd, are all processed. We are now just waiting on ds and my moms to come through.

FCC's totaling approx $4k done, we have abt $1800 on one remaining cabin left to go. Woo hoo!!

• Like 1

We have yet to receive a refund for taxes and port fees from our June 7 cruise that HAL canceled on April 16, but today our credit card balance reflected a June 12 credit for the deposit we had on an October cruise that we canceled on June 11.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:32 AM, strickerj said:

I've received my FCC and refunds from the shore excursions, but still nothing regarding port taxes and fees ($235 pp, so not a lot but not nothing). Cruise was for 5/22 and canceled 4/14. Anyone else opt for FCC and received a refund on the tax?

We also canceled on 4/14 our cruise for 6/1/20 but we went for the full refund and have not received it either.  It does seem very sad that we didn't receive our refunds and the cruises would have been over.  😞  

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 10:09 AM, SandraH said:

I am at exactly 60 days since HAL cancelled our Alaska cruise.  We were supposed to have left Vancouver  last Saturday, June 13 and they cancelled it April 15.  Refunds seem to be coming somewhat after the 60-day point.   I'll keep my eye on my Visa card. 

We were suppose to have left Vancouver on June 1st for our 14 day Alaska Cruise and our cruise would have been over yesterday.  We cancelled on April 14th and no refund on our credit card yet.  There are others on our roll call that haven't received credit either.  I have seen on this thread that the date people are getting refunds seems to be related to when they canceled and saw March 30 so far.  I guess we have another couple of weeks to wait!

Utahtea

Waiting.  Cancelled April, 14, our Alaska cruise/tour departing Anchorage May 28.  So we just are on the cusp line, passing 60 days last Saturday.  Remaining hopeful.   Requested full refund so waiting on cruise/air monies now. Appears moving, but at a snail pace.

96 days.  Still waiting for my refund for March 14th cruise HAL cancelled. 

It was supposed to be my first HAL cruise.  At this point, I'm not sure if there will ever be a HAL cruise in my future.

I really wish I understood how they prioritized the refunds.  It is very frustrating to see people have received refunds for cruises after March while some of us are still waiting.

Received full refunds on three credit cards used for May 4 Alaska cruise cancelled by HAL on Mar 13th.  Refunds dated 6/12 but appeared on my cards 6/17.  I am now a happy cruiser but will never use monthly payments again for a cruise, just one payment on day before "final payment due" date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Received full refunds on three credit cards used for May 4 Alaska cruise cancelled by HAL on Mar 13th.  Refunds dated 6/12 but appeared on my cards 6/17.  I am now a happy cruiser but will never use monthly payments again for a cruise, just one payment on day before "final payment due" date.

I agree!  For expensive cruises I have always paid a little each month, but I will never do that again.  I stopped making payments on my Nov. 27 South America/Antarctica/ Solar Eclipse Cruise  ( which HAL hasn't cancelled yet) when HAL went in to crisis mode and started "the pause."  Final payment for this cruise is in September and I hope HAL cancels before that.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just saw my travel agent,she called HAL and the credit was issued on 6/15,. Still not showing on my credit card . So it took 78 days .

It took 4 days for my full refund to show up on my CC after 84 days.  Yours will post, just be patient.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:19 PM, Harters said:

We are currently in the early stages of dispute with the operator, as they are refusing refunds and only offering rebooking or a refund credit note, not redeemable until 31 March 2021. This is unacceptable - not least as refunds are guaranteed under UK law and are clearly offered in the operators terms & conditions.

We have now been able to sort this out with the tour operator who eventually offered a full refund but said it would take 28 days. That's today and the full amount has appeared in our bank account. We'll now withdraw our parallel claim with our bank.

Must admit, the whole Covid matter leaves us nervous about flying in the future, but hope the experience of others will build confidence. It does also leave us very nervous about the prospect for future cruising holidays. I think there needs to be a lot of work done to make customers with vulnerable health conditions feel safe again.

Edited by Harters
extra info

On 6/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, fatcat04 said:

Ours are FCC  BUT good news!!

99 days since cancellation today and FCCs are happening now. Just got the emails!

Mine and dh, plus mil and dd, are all processed. We are now just waiting on ds and my moms to come through.

FCC's totaling approx $4k done, we have abt $1800 on one remaining cabin left to go. Woo hoo!!

Now is 100 days for us and no FCC email notice!  

Just checked my cc. Deposit has been refunded 78 days after I cancelled our July Baltic cruise. It was before final payment and before HAL cancelled it. Cancelled Apr 01, refund received Jun 18. No additional fcc involved just a straight up no penalty deposit refund. Crossing my fingers here that the rebooked cruise for Aug 2021 will be a go. 

On 6/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, ddr said:

Received full refund today for 3 May Oosterdam Alaska cruise that was canceled by HAL on 30 March.

We were going to be on this same cruise.  Cancelled by HAL on 3/30 and we requested refund on the same day.

Short story:  Received the refund for the cruise just a couple days ago.

Long story:

Booked cruise thru Expedia in mid-January (didn't realize Covid-19 was "real" yet)

Booked travel protection thru Expedia

Cancelled travel protection on Expedia (thru Travel Guard) within a few days and bought thru another insurer (mainly covers health emergencies only)

Excursions thru Expedia shore excursion group

Hotel pre/post cruise thru Expedia

Air was directly with Air Alaska

Excursions were the first to refund within a couple weeks of HAL cancelling the cruise.

Hotels offered the option to cancel w/refund in early April and received refund within a few weeks.  These were not tied to the cruise so we were fortunate hotels began offering full refunds in this crisis.

Even though our cruise was cancelled, we waited on changing air until closer to time.  We had the option of taking a voucher which we were prepared to do but 3 days before our scheduled flight time, our flights changed.  Actually, our flights were cancelled and they moved us to other existing flights.  Air Alaska posted on their site that if flight times changed more than 4hrs from original time, you could request a refund.  Our changed more than 4 hrs so we requested a refund and received a refund for air in about 3 weeks.

Received cruise (HAL) refund earlier this week.

The travel insurance that we cancelled took some effort.  We cancelled the one thru Expedia and were supposed to be refunded but over 90 days passed and I started calling.  Expedia escalated but more time passed and they finally said it had already been credited back to us.  I had to provide credit card statements showing no credit had been applied since we were charged.  They refunded once they verified the statements.  A little extra work but I assume somewhere in the chaos, something got lost.

As for the insurance we ended up with, no refund option was available but we have a voucher we can apply by EOY 2020 (don't have to travel by EOY but have to apply it towards booked trip.)

In all, we got everything back but the insurance which we have a voucher for.

But I would have much rather been in Alaska.......:(

Stay safe everyone!

Cheers!