Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

1 minute ago, Reagan0712 said:

The guy at HAL that I talked with last night said they were up to the beginning of May with refunds.  Our Land portion as to start May 13th and cruise portion May 17th, so if that’s truly the case I should be seeing something in the next week or two. Fingers crossed.

Well, we still have several people on our April 19th roll call waiting for their refunds.  

7 hours ago, fsdj1097 said:

I've been logging into the HAL website, almost daily, to check on my June 13, 2020 Koningsdam cruise to Alaska.  We requested a refund at the end of March.  We have also rebooked for the same cruise June 12, 2021.  Up until yesterday, after logging in and going to 'My Account', I could still see both cruises listed under My Bookings.  However, yesterday and today, when I click on 'My Account', I just receive a blank page....just wondering if HAL is working through the refunds and FCCs requested for the June 13, 2020 cruise....I would appreciate anyone's thoughts or experiences regarding this.

My booking disappeared and I then I received my FCC for my May 18th Sailing on Maasdam

A-

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Well, we still have several people on our April 19th roll call waiting for their refunds.  

And for the March 15 Koningsdam. Some have refunds, some have FCC, some have both and some have nothing.  Who knows?

Just received for Baltic transatlantic in April.  I'll just use the money toward other cruises booked. Probably should have just taken FCC for the whole amount, but cruises booked are not that soon.  Bird in hand, so to speak.

I was going to use my refunds today for our December cruise.  After seeing more cancellations extending into the fall I just called the credit card company requesting the credit balance be sent to me.  I’ll take a wait and see attitude for the two booked this fall.

14 hours ago, Reagan0712 said:

The guy at HAL that I talked with last night said they were up to the beginning of May with refunds.  

We cancelled both an August and February '21 cruise early March with only deposits of $780 each owing so these were straight forward refunds.  

One deposit was refunded this week but we have no way of confirming which one, though I assume it was for the August cruise.

Ruth

Refund was to Credit Card as was requested.  Hope to book the same cruise in the future - but that wouldn't be until 2022; cancelled cruise was for Jan 2021 but included multiple stops in Brazil.  

Edited by ljones

Received our 90% refund from our South America Cruise (March 15th) this week. It was credited to the credit card. The CC company (Chase) will send us a check within 8 to 10 business days as we really don’t want that much credit on the CC. We also got almost $3,000 in Future Cruise Credits.

DD

I requested a refund (March 14) as soon as my early April TA was cancelled by HA.  Nothing yet and I am getting a little worried.  Have not contested CC's used to pay but thinking about it.  Agent clueless, and I though they were getting paid their commission, cancellation or not.  Is this correct?

Edited by cruisen cracker
Mistyped word

21 minutes ago, cruisen cracker said:

I requested a refund (March 14) as soon as my early April TA was cancelled by HA.  Nothing yet and I am getting a little worried.  Have not contested CC's used to pay but thinking about it.  Agent clueless, and I though they were getting paid their commission, cancellation or not.  Is this correct?

Yes TA gets commission regardless and should be able to get information for you if he/she is willing to call and be on hold forever. Our TA worked repeatedly at clarification as to when we'd receive refund and was finally told, another 90 days!!

Filed dispute with our credit card company and had full refunds within 24 hrs!!

Edited by PROCRUISE

23 hours ago, Reagan0712 said:

The guy at HAL that I talked with last night said they were up to the beginning of May with refunds.  Our Land portion as to start May 13th and cruise portion May 17th, so if that’s truly the case I should be seeing something in the next week or two. Fingers crossed.

Well.  I'm still waiting on a refund for a March 14th cruise cancelled by HAL.

For some reason, I'm under the impression March comes before May......🤔😋 

I'm also under the impression HAL has no idea what they are doing.  And if they do know what they are doing, they aren't sharing info with customer service.

Yesterday I relayed something which was told to me by a HAL representative. It may have been fact. It may have been fiction. I do not know. What I do know is all I was doing was relaying information that was given to me.  Yet it appears the goal of some is to point out that apparently I am full of it by continuing to quote my post and allude that what I said appears to be complete and utter nonsense.  IMO this is shooting the messenger.  Anyhow, if the moderators would like to delete my post of yesterday I would greatly appreciate it. And I will, in the future, try to refrain from posting anything without the benefit of hard facts. Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reagan0712 said:

Yesterday I relayed something which was told to me by a HAL representative. It may have been fact. It may have been fiction. I do not know. What I do know is all I was doing was relaying information that was given to me.  Yet it appears the goal of some is to point out that apparently I am full of it by continuing to quote my post and allude that what I said appears to be complete and utter nonsense.  IMO this is shooting the messenger.  Anyhow, if the moderators would like to delete my post of yesterday I would greatly appreciate it. And I will, in the future, try to refrain from posting anything without the benefit of hard facts. Thank you.

I didnt requote your post because I think you're full of it.  I believe you.  And I believe the person you spoke to told you that. I do!

I requoted it, because it is an example of HAL not having any organization or consistency over how they are doing refunds.

If they would just send a email every so often--"Hey.  We know we still owe you money.  Working on it".  But they arent saying anything.  And they have different answers for everyone.

I am sincerely sorry that my post did not make that clear and as a result, I inadvertently insulted you.  

If we were on a ship, I would buy you a drink.🍹😎

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, GabbiRose said:

I think we would have been on the same Baltic cruise, 05/10/2020 round trip from Amsterdam. I cancelled on 03/07/2020 through the Big C warehouse. After 61 days of no communications from HAL I disputed with the 2 credit cards I used. The 2 CCs gave me all my monies back in conditional credits. As of today, HAL has NOT sent me anything!!!

Did you get all your money back or did you get FCC for deposit/penalties and money back for the remaining cost? I cancelled 64 days before departure where I would be penalized the deposit amount. I booked at a special reduced deposit of $200. When I cancelled, I was expecting the $200 deposit penalty back as FCC but HAL turned that $200 FCC into $800 FCC. HAL said that the reduced deposit penalty is turned into a full deposit penalty. I think this is unfair because I don't see it anywhere in the contract. I really don't want any FCC. I hope HAL does not contest my disputes with the CCs. I don't know when I can cruise again.

I received about 70% to cc..and the other is FCC to be used.

• Thanks 1