Will there be any further Regents cruises in 2020?

14 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Scott, we are in same situation on our 2021 cruise, the fare has gone up $200 per person so we should just get $600 shipboard credit.  As this is a Grand Voyage, you have to cancel 65 days in advance instead of 15, not that good of benefit as still need to purchase cancellation insurance.

Marc

Are you now able to get cancellation insurance for Covid-19 or are you getting "normal" cancellation insurance?

Just now, Travelcat2 said:

Are you now able to get cancellation insurance for Covid-19 or are you getting "normal" cancellation insurance?

I purchased this policy in August 2019 prior to existence of COVID-19.

Thanks to labonnevie and others who have posted their experience with Regent applying the "Return to Regent" $500/pp SBC to existing bookings in exchange for accepting a 15-day instead of 48-hour cancellation policy.  I called our TA today (the "big box" one) and they called Regent, who applied the new SBC to our planned Singapore to Sydney cruise on Explorer in December 2020.  They would not apply it to the other cruise we have booked as we have made the final payment on it--understand and didn't really think they would, but it never hurts to ask (nicely).

Thanks again, all, for sharing.

On 6/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, mrlevin said:

Mariner Alaska cruises are waitlisted - fist Mariner cruise 5 October out of LA.

Navigator Europe and Canada cruises are waitlisted - first Navigator cruise 30 October out of NY.

Marc

Now the remaining August sailings for other ships are also waitlisted; looks like Regent will soon be canceling 22 cruises; might be reason they tried to catch up on previous cancellations.

edited to add:  Still no changes to Circle South America or 2021 World Cruise both on Mariner; I wonder when they will pull the plug on those two voyages.

Edited by mrlevin

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Now the remaining August sailings for other ships are also waitlisted; looks like Regent will soon be canceling 22 cruises; might be reason they tried to catch up on previous cancellations.

edited to add:  Still no changes to Circle South America or 2021 World Cruise both on Mariner; I wonder when they will pull the plug on those two voyages.

Thanks for pointing this out Marc! I just checked yesterday afternoon and it was still a go, but now it is "Wait Listed" which is the kiss of death!

Now to decide which cruise to move to once it is officially canceled.

Well the Mariner January WC still has Available listed in several categories, so I presume that thinking hasn't happened.  

Being of cynical mind, they might wait until after the final payment date of July 9th to cancel the cruise.  If I were still booked, I'd be pressing them very hard to delay that final payment/penalty deadline.

There is another way of looking at August being wait-listed.  If cruise ships can sail in August, Regent has stated that they will start out by not filling their ships and also will not start the entire fleet at once.  So, it is possible that some cruises are wait-listed because they have reached the occupancy level that Regent has decided is the limit for that cruise and other wait-lists could be due to the ships that will not be sailing in August.  

Just a thought from an eternal optimist!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

There is another way of looking at August being wait-listed.  If cruise ships can sail in August, Regent has stated that they will start out by not filling their ships and also will not start the entire fleet at once.  So, it is possible that some cruises are wait-listed because they have reached the occupancy level that Regent has decided is the limit for that cruise and other wait-lists could be due to the ships that will not be sailing in August.  

I think you may be onto something, Travelcat2.  Waitlisting on ships that are at reduced capacity makes sense.

1 minute ago, FrequentFloater333 said:

I think you may be onto something, Travelcat2.  Waitlisting on ships that are at reduced capacity makes sense.

I'm hoping that what I think is true.  Keeping my fingers crossed (which makes it difficult to type):classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

Regent is done with April sailing refunds - now working on May 1 - May 15. Also done with refunds from August and beyond.

Their pace is picking up and their communication is getting better! I am putting on my cheerleader outfit again!

And August sailings are said to be cancelled...more info next week when Regent comments. I am just sharing "personal opinion"...

On 6/9/2020 at 11:01 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well the Mariner January WC still has Available listed in several categories, so I presume that thinking hasn't happened.  

Being of cynical mind, they might wait until after the final payment date of July 9th to cancel the cruise.  If I were still booked, I'd be pressing them very hard to delay that final payment/penalty deadline.

My former TA enquired about  us possibly delaying final payment.  For a 16 night cruise, it must be paid 150 days in advance.  Regents said sure, we could take an extra 30 days, but must pay a 15% penalty.
We passed on their generous offer.  
As I previously posted, last week my TA  left the agency for reasons I do not know.  Right before I made the final payment, she informed me we would see $1000 Ship Board Credit in our account, after the invoice was updated.  
Of course it updated and there is no $1000 credit.  And the TA that now has our booking does not see anything.  She also has the wrong dollar amounts for the OBC and cash back we chose when we booked this cruise 16 months ago.

It’s a good thing I saved every email, but could do without the headache.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Regent is done with April sailing refunds - now working on May 1 - May 15. Also done with refunds from August and beyond.

Their pace is picking up and their communication is getting better! I am putting on my cheerleader outfit again!

And August sailings are said to be cancelled...more info next week when Regent comments. I am just sharing "personal opinion"...

Well I wouldn’t quite agree there . Here in UK we are still waiting for our refund for April 16th Splendour cruise. Any idea as to why there is a difference here?  Jean.

• Like 1

Two possibilities.

1. Things are different in the UK.

2. NCL has processed your refund and you don't know it yet. How do you know you don't have it? Your TA called Regent? You haven't seen it on your credit card?

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Thanks for the information. We were scheduled on the May 22nd Navigator Cruise, so the refund should be processed in the next few weeks.

On 6/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, Travelcat2 said:

Jackie, are you feeling better today?

Marc

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Two possibilities.

1. Things are different in the UK.

2. NCL has processed your refund and you don't know it yet. How do you know you don't have it? Your TA called Regent? You haven't seen it on your credit card?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I spoke with our TA today who has contacted Regent UK who say things have to be finalised and authorised by Regent US. She said they have promised that refunds should be here within the next 2 weeks. 
Bit disheartening when you see people posting that refunds have been given for cruises after the date of ours. 
Hopefully we will see our refund shortly and I will post on Susies thread for refunds.

Jean.