Will there be any further Regents cruises in 2020?

11 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Would you take a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season?  I know that Regent ships pass through the Caribbean on the way to the Amazon, for instance, but I do not recall them doing the types of cruises that are done in the late fall and winter.  Aside from the possibility of hurricanes, the weather is typically very unpleasant at this time of the year.

P.S.  Wendy, another alternative is to "ignore" the poster through the CC website so that you do not even see their posts.  It is working well so far!

Having grown in PR, and still a frequent visitor to the Caribbean,  I would  say that weather (  not including hurricanes) is pretty much the same all year , HOT. Yes, you may get some nicer breezes at times, but all in all, same.

18 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

I may be late in the game here....has anyone seen this relaunch list?  Post #36

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2752396-ncl-announcement-friday/page/2/

Just wondering if there's any truth to this.

Thanks for posting, Kwaj girl.

I wish there had been some sort of date associated with the list of ships and their "re-launch dates" in the photo in that post, as it does not appear to be current with recent events.  If the definition of "re-launch" means carrying passengers, a sail date of 08 October for Navigator does not make sense--its sailings prior to 30 October are to Canadian ports and we know the government of Canada has closed their ports through 31 October.  As someone stated, perhaps those are report dates for the officers and crew to prepare for trips a few weeks later?  We are scheduled to sail with Navigator out of NYC to Miami (with Bermuda and the Caribbean in between, during the end of the hurricane season) on 30  October.  Someone else has previously posted that cruise could be one of Regent's first out on the sea given it sails and ends in the United States.

For someone who likes to plan ahead, this is proving to be a major challenge!  I'm sure the cruise line personnel all think the same thing.  The SARS-COV-2 virus adheres to its own timetable, unknown to us.

16 hours ago, pdaniel said:

We gotta get together.  I’m in Asheville and would love to buy you a Wicked Weed Beer.

We can Chill, talk about cruising and have a few laughs about our manic masked marauder…😉

Ha!  I was thinking about taking a ride up that way today.  Not sure where I’ll end up, though...

4 hours ago, loriva said:

Thanks for posting, Kwaj girl.

I wish there had been some sort of date associated with the list of ships and their "re-launch dates" in the photo in that post, as it does not appear to be current with recent events.  If the definition of "re-launch" means carrying passengers, a sail date of 08 October for Navigator does not make sense--its sailings prior to 30 October are to Canadian ports and we know the government of Canada has closed their ports through 31 October.  As someone stated, perhaps those are report dates for the officers and crew to prepare for trips a few weeks later?  We are scheduled to sail with Navigator out of NYC to Miami (with Bermuda and the Caribbean in between, during the end of the hurricane season) on 30  October.  Someone else has previously posted that cruise could be one of Regent's first out on the sea given it sails and ends in the United States.

For someone who likes to plan ahead, this is proving to be a major challenge!  I'm sure the cruise line personnel all think the same thing.  The SARS-COV-2 virus adheres to its own timetable, unknown to us.

Maybe they will start Caribbean cruises or east coast cruises, on the Navigator,  changing out of the Canadian ports. Just guessing. 
Anyone  know if this sailing date list is really true? If it is, then my cruise on Splendor on November 28th is not happening. 

sheila

On 6/13/2020 at 5:33 AM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

So a chance to try Crystal, for less money,  is out. Prices were great, but won’t give up Regent. 
sheila

It appears you’ve changed your mind and are now doing the Crystal cruise - what changed your mind? 

I think you’ll enjoy your Crystal experience, if indeed these October voyage do proceed, although just what changes to the onboard experience are required as COVID measures remains to be seen 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

Right now travelers to Aruba will have to show proof of a negative Covid test within three days of travel and have insurance that covers Covid.  If this stays in place it will make cruising there difficult.  I have to wonder if other Caribbean islands will also have similar stipulations.  We go to Aruba every winter to a particular smaller hotel and so I’ve been trying to follow develops there. 

Bermuda requiring negative Covid test with 72 hours of departure, Covid test upon arrival, quarantine until Covid test is negative, temperature taken twice a day while there, etc.

I guess Bermuda doesn't want tourists.

• Like 1

Indeed all Regent sailing that were listed to operate PRIOR to 10/1 are now showing waitlisted for every cabin category.  What's sad is I called reservations and those poor folks know nothing at all about why that is the case.  I'm guessing, but I would think they are about to pull the plug.  Sadly we were booked to go the last day September 30th ( hey Most of the cruise happens in October, can we still sail....please?

13 minutes ago, jwsfun said:

Indeed all Regent sailing that were listed to operate PRIOR to 10/1 are now showing waitlisted for every cabin category.  What's sad is I called reservations and those poor folks know nothing at all about why that is the case.  I'm guessing, but I would think they are about to pull the plug.  Sadly we were booked to go the last day September 30th ( hey Most of the cruise happens in October, can we still sail....please?

I am on Mariner 23 September and website is still allowing me to book excursions.  😀

Just added new excursion in San Francisco, looks fun!

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

24 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I am on Mariner 23 September and website is still allowing me to book excursions.  😀

Just added new excursion in San Francisco, looks fun!

Marc

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 10.25.09 AM.png

13 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

It appears you’ve changed your mind and are now doing the Crystal cruise - what changed your mind? 

I think you’ll enjoy your Crystal experience, if indeed these October voyage do proceed, although just what changes to the onboard experience are required as COVID measures remains to be seen 

Yes.. we did change our minds.

1- we see on the listing that our splendor cruise on 11/28 is not sailing

2- we wanted to cruise in the fall.  Crystal pricing was incredible. So we booked a back to back end of October- to November 12th in a Penthouse Suite.  2 weeks was less money than our 9 day on Splendor, which may not be sailing.  
We hope to enjoy Crystal. But we are still Regent cruisers. 
sheila and Herb

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Bermuda requiring negative Covid test with 72 hours of departure, Covid test upon arrival, quarantine until Covid test is negative, temperature taken twice a day while there, etc.

I guess Bermuda doesn't want tourists.

I am quite certain that they do not want tourists. Small island run an enormous risk permitting thousands of tourists to wander their island. They just do not have the healthcare infrastructure to deal with it if something goes wrong. The trade off, of course, is the lost revenue from the lack of tourists. They evidently have made their decision. I can certainly respect that.

Off topic—just heard that even several of our local Dallas Cowboys players have tested positive for Covid(including one of the team’s star players). It does not look like the virus is disappearing anytime soon.

5 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Right now travelers to Aruba will have to show proof of a negative Covid test within three days of travel and have insurance that covers Covid.  If this stays in place it will make cruising there difficult.  I have to wonder if other Caribbean islands will also have similar stipulations.  We go to Aruba every winter to a particular smaller hotel and so I’ve been trying to follow develops there. 

Guess I'll scratch Aruba from my travel plans. Time to get to know better the USA. Road trip is sounding more and more attractive by the minute

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Yes.. we did change our minds.

1- we see on the listing that our splendor cruise on 11/28 is not sailing

2- we wanted to cruise in the fall.  Crystal pricing was incredible. So we booked a back to back end of October- to November 12th in a Penthouse Suite.  2 weeks was less money than our 9 day on Splendor, which may not be sailing.  
We hope to enjoy Crystal. But we are still Regent cruisers. 
sheila and Herb

Sheila, so did you cancel the Splendor cruise? I find it odd that Crystal will be able to sail but not Regent, presumably same restrictions for both cruise lines, so why would Regent delay?

Frank Del Rio said that their ships will not necessarily sail as soon as the CDC indicates that it is okay to resume sailing.  Rather, they will resume sailing when the company feels that it is right.  In addition to getting crew members to the ships, this likely also means training for the crew and getting the ships ready for whatever protocols are required at the time sailing resumes.

As mentioned on another thread, I just participated in a webinar (seminar on line) with the man speaker being the CEO of Carnival.  While he does to know when cruising will resume,  it did not sound as if it were many months away.  I'm hoping that another webinar is done when more is known.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Sheila, so did you cancel the Splendor cruise? I find it odd that Crystal will be able to sail but not Regent, presumably same restrictions for both cruise lines, so why would Regent delay?

Maria... 

Regent may not start Splendor until December according to that list circulated on Cruise critic. According to that same list, Navigator is starting October 5th. Regent can’t do their itinerary then because it included Canada. That’s what happened to Crystal also. So they switched the itinerary to Caribbean. Waiting to see what Regent does. 
sheila

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Sheila and Herb,

I'm glad you booked a PH on the Serenity. The standard cabins are very small. The PH is very similar to the cabins on Regent.

Enjoy your cruise! And stay safe and stay well.

Peggy

Peggy...

we booked the PS. Penthouse Suite. Almost same as Explorer PH. I Like the Regent better. 
let’s hope things get better and everyone sails. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 1