what are you doing at home?

crusinbanjo

On 5/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, jpalbny said:

I'm liking the wood shop! Makes me want to make a run to Harbor Freight... 😁

That table saw is 40 years old, as is the radial arm and drill press.  The workshop has evolved and grown, it is the product of loving woodworking since childhood!  When we built this house, the workshop was a must have and includes a 6 ft wide double door that opens directly to the back yard to move big projects in and out!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

table saw is 40 years old, as is the radial arm and drill press

And the bandsaw?  Last time I saw one that sturdy was in high school shop class!  Your shop is a great thing to have during this time.  A hand held jigsaw not so much.

Wife's birthday in a few weeks, she has asked for a gas powered leaf blower as her gift.  Uh-oh.  Stumbles - silver plated the only way to win on this?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

And the bandsaw?  Last time I saw one that sturdy was in high school shop class!  Your shop is a great thing to have during this time.  A hand held jigsaw not so much.

Wife's birthday in a few weeks, she has asked for a gas powered leaf blower as her gift.  Uh-oh.  Stumbles - silver plated the only way to win on this?

I had a real "Industrial" bandsaw previously that had been given to me by a friend of a friend who passed away.  when it needed repair the repair guy offered to buy it from me, paid me enough to buy this saw and pocket a few hundred dollars extra.  Yes the workshop has helped pass the time in lockdown. getting ready for the next project, Might be an Electric  go art for my Nephew, just not sure if his mom will be ok with the idea  

And I would really like to know how Stumblefoot's gift suggestion works out. HA

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

QueSeraSera...we have lots of gas powered tools but just recently bought a few battery powered ones and are extremely pleased.  They have improved so much, are quieter and lighter.

Great to read your comments and endorsement for the improving nature of battery-powered tools.  Might need to do some serious shopping and retail therapy??!!  Personally, many of these gas-powered items have not been favored by me as they involve two-cycle engines that require a gas-oil mix.  Hate it, as gasoline ages in sitting around, to have to deal with those challenges.  

At home, I need to do a major clean-out in our garage and basement areas.  But, that kind of "work" is not as much fun compared to other alternatives.  Love the details and visuals from crusinbanjo's workshop.  Very inspiring!!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 251,298 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

• Like 1

This week Mrs Banjo and I are planting flowers in the yard and doing some long overdue little chores around the house. My Banjo Friend Rusty is in the front yard reminding everybody to practice their social distancing and be safe@

rusty Covid 19.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

This week Mrs Banjo and I are planting flowers in the yard and doing some long overdue little chores around the house. My Banjo Friend Rusty is in the front yard reminding everybody to practice their social distancing and be safe

It's been raining here in Central Ohio much this week, so I have not been able to plant any flowers.  That's on the priority list at home.  Below illustrates my "biggie" of the day in finally getting my haircut done today as the "stay-at-home" mandates have been lifted in part for our state. 

Nice looking yard art by cruisinbanjo!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,384

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

As shown below, I got my hair cut today.  Yes, we were wearing masks, doing things safely to follow proper health standards, etc.  My last haircut was March 12, right after we returned from New Zealand and the South Pacific.  After nearly two and a half months, it was time!!  And needed.   My barber, Mike, has been taking care of my needs  since 1969.  That's over 50 years!!  Mike will turn age 80 in August.  Both of us are still plugging ahead, staying busy and having fun in life. Mike was scheduled to do an Alaska adventure later this summer to celebrate his 80th birthday, but that has been scrubbed due to the virus.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

IMG_5120.jpeg.03a9300f7aa66f7fd48f64d5f6f767f8.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Wow, Terry a haircut!  We cannot even think of such a simple pleasure for at least another week.   Nice mask, glad you are following Rusty's example!  😆

Wow!!! I wish I could have a hair cut!!

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Wow, Terry a haircut!  We cannot even think of such a simple pleasure for at least another week.   Nice mask, glad you are following Rusty's example!  😆

10 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Me too. This was a month ago when I went out in the ragtop. Things have got a whole lot worse since.

My hair would be insane if it were not for Chris and her amazing bravery. My last haircut was December 17th, before the Antarctica trip. Once we got back it was the middle of winter so I let it grow some, then the lockdown.

So at some point in early April I think, I gave Chris a lot of wine and some scissors, and held up handfuls of hair so she could cut them. She did pretty well. Here's a shot in DW style.

20200521_175618.thumb.jpg.056f37b3a44c2ecce2a42728580ff0eb.jpg

Since then I've gone back to her for a touch-up, I think it was 3 weekends ago. We sat out on the deck and let the wind blow the clippings away. Maybe some bird found material for its next..

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I don’t want any responsibility to be deflected back on me.

No worries, I was thinking to go with a Miele, so you and I will be fine.  It is like the BMW of vacuum cleaners!

But then, she drives a Subaru.  So, I don't know, maybe another brand would be better?

🙂 

But seriously

22 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

recently bought a few battery powered ones and are extremely pleased

and

8 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

the improving nature of battery-powered tools.

Appreciate these thoughts and the reminder about the hassles of dealing with 2 cycle engines.  So I did bring this up, and Karen is ok with the idea, but she did say she wants it to be powerful.

To maintain harmony (not to be taken for granted in these times) I will learn from JP and add a fine sauvignon blanc + special dinner on her day.  Any ideas about a sb that will knock her socks off?  Easy shipping in Virginia

15 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

No worries, I was thinking to go with a Miele, so you and I will be fine.  It is like the BMW of vacuum cleaners!

My DW loves her Miele.  Swears by it actually.  So, it’s a great choice. 😉

As far as Sauvignon Blanc, the best in the world, IMHO, is Château d'Yquem’s Bordeaux White Y.  2016 and 2017 are both really stunning.  Another top French producer is Didier Dagueneau, very solid year in and year out.

As far as U.S. producers, look for Favia’s LÍNEA Coombsville.  The 2017 is in the market now and is a great example of how good Sauvignon Blanc can be from America.  Other very good American producers are Lail, Merry Edwards, and Lewis.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

As far as Sauvignon Blanc, the best in the world, IMHO, is Château d'Yquem’s Bordeaux White Y.  2016 and 2017 are both really stunning.  

Deleted

Edited by Bucephalus53

46 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Other very good American producers are Lail, Merry Edwards, and Lewis.

The only Chateau d'Yquem wine I could find was a Sauterne.  I thought sauternes were for cooking but feel certain I'm wrong about that based on the price.

Moving to the USA, had no success lining up a Favia sb, a Chardonnay was available but I know that's a no-go for DW.  Just found where I can order Lail Blueprint sb 2018 - sound good?

Edited by QueSeraSera
can't spell in French