what are you doing at home?

crusinbanjo

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

The only Chateau d'Yquem wine I could find was a Sauternes.

Just found where I can order Lail Blueprint sb 2018 - sound good?

JP is right.  Not the wine for dinner.  After?  You bet.  Incredible!

Lail Blueprint is solid and a very, very good wine for your meal.  Grab it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Have a special bottle tucked away for some occasion, not yet decided.

You need to keep that special bottle tucked away until at least your 27th anniversary!  Or, better yet, keep it for your 35th.  It’ll amaze you how it will sail along just fine without your intervention for the next 10-years.

May have unintentionally hijacked this thread, which I think was a great idea by cruisinbanjo.  I would love to see next steps/projects by those who have posted, or new thoughts by those who haven't.  Are the steps towards reopening making a difference for anyone?

But for closure I must say

21 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Lail Blueprint is solid and a very, very good wine for your meal.  Grab it!

done, thank you stumblefoot 

and

23 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

A NZ Sav Blanc

I agree these are great, we are half way through a bottle of Mud House sauvignon blanc from NZ and finding it terrific.  May have to order dinner in tonight 🙂

• Like 1

My "biggie excitement" today, after yesterday's haircut, was mowing the lawn.  We had a large amount of rain this week and the grass was getting a little long.  Nice to do this mowing, getting a little exercise, being outside, seeing the positive results, etc. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

IMG_5155.jpeg.8ece73fa369769b4c4b3284455d04440.jpeg

• Like 1

This is my favorite Sav Blanc  that we drink at home.

A lower in alcohol Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - 8.5% and 25% lower in calories !!

https://marlboroughwineslimited.co.nz/wines/rata-sauvignon-blanc

And it has a pretty label - it is the NZ Christmas Bush flower  😃  Rata Sauvignon Blanc 750mL White Wine Per Bottle

Edited by rojaan19
add picture
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

My "biggie excitement" today, after yesterday's haircut, was mowing the lawn.  We had a large amount of rain this week and the grass was getting a little long.  Nice to do this mowing, getting a little exercise, being outside, seeing the positive results, etc. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

That's great Terry, I love the wall and the tree line.

Mrs Banjo and I have been planting some flowers in the garden.  I did some repairs and repainted a statue for the hummingbird garden.  Today it's raining, so I'm in my newly remodeled office recording some tracks 

Photo on 5-23-20 at 10.47 AM.jpg

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 3

Worked my culinary skills to the max yesterday preparing as we were going to have a big social distancing driveway party for son.

Well it's pouring rain. Hot and humid and sticky because it is the tropics.

No big soiree.

Just cake by the pool and under the loggia where we can distance but still fete the guy.

Great thread!  

In normal life I write short, 10 minute plays, which are read/acted in our Play Group sessions.  Well, you would think that with so much time in my hands now I could be like the "road runner" of plays... wrong!  The silence, the stillness, all lulls my mind.  No writing when thinking bliss takes over.  I then decided to overextend my physical exercises and that resulted in a bruised hip.  All in all, I am sort of enjoying the lockdown...

• Like 2

We’re just relaxing on our patio having coffee and discussing lunch options.   Mrs K has been working from home four days a week for something like ten weeks now.   We kind of joke about her “commute” to work those days she is home.   When actually commuting she sends me a text when she arrives.  Working at home she jokingly tells me she’s leaving for work, which means she’s  going upstairs to our home office, and in seconds leans over the open hallway upstairs and says “I’ve arrived”.   😀  As for our plans this summer looks like we will be in the “staycation” mode.   Luckily we have our own private pool no more than three steps from where I’m sitting right now and it’s especially inviting as we’re already getting some very warm weather.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camillus112 said:

Great thread!  

In normal life I write short, 10 minute plays, which are read/acted in our Play Group sessions.  Well, you would think that with so much time in my hands now I could be like the "road runner" of plays... wrong!  The silence, the stillness, all lulls my mind.  No writing when thinking bliss takes over.  I then decided to overextend my physical exercises and that resulted in a bruised hip.  All in all, I am sort of enjoying the lockdown...

Hi Camillus! Seems like it's been ages. Nice to "see" you!

I think many of us are overindulging in exercise a little bit. Chris and I just got back from a run. My average step count has been creeping up the past few weeks but unfortunately, so has my caloric intake...so I'm afraid there will be very little (or very much?) to show for all of this hard work. Except aches and pains all over.

I finally took the snow tires off the second car this morning. I had changed out the tires on the first car a while ago, just got lazy about the second one, I guess. The weather here in Albany has been gorgeous, and there is no reason for snow tires when it's been 70 degrees or higher every day! So I ran out of excuses.

Yesterday, I put the citrus trees outside for the season. Now we have lots of space in the sunroom. 

The ban on small non-household gatherings has been lifted so we had another couple over for dinner Friday night. No contact, just take out food shared on the back deck at a proper distance, but it was great to finally see some friends! Off to their place tonight for more of the same. Baby steps towards a sense of normalcy, but a long way to go.

I'm back to work at the hospital come Tuesday. That will be somewhat of a break, I think. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Hi JP, I read in the Cooler that a big anniversary is coming up.  Congrats to you and Chris!  

BTW, my last cruise before the storm was on Regent and I've been following some threads.  It seems the Cooler has been inspirational to some Regent regulars and they may start one.  You people are pioneers!

• Thanks 1

Thought a few might like to take a listen to a track I recorded this morning.  I know I'll never be a Cruise ship entertainer, but it is still fun and the Seniors in Nursing homes enjoy it.  I record all the part separately then put them together.  Still needs to be balanced, but it's ok.

Photo on 5-25-20 at 11.52 AM.jpg

Happy Trails 52520 - 5:25:20, 11.49 AM.mp3

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So this is one of my little projects I've been working on. Trompe-l'œil (trick of the eye) is an art technique that uses realistic imagery to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects exist in three dimensions. Forced perspective is a comparable illusion in architecture. For anyone that's interested this is the technique used on the walls here . Here are some pictures of the step by step process on a small section.

20200525_151908.jpg

20200525_152727.jpg

20200525_153711.jpg

20200525_161322.jpg

20200525_171040.jpg

20200525_171220.jpg

20200525_171229.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daveywavey70 said:

So this is one of my little projects I've been working on. Trompe-l'œil (trick of the eye) is an art technique that uses realistic imagery to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects exist in three dimensions. Forced perspective is a comparable illusion in architecture. For anyone that's interested this is the technique used on the walls here . Here are some pictures of the step by step process on a small section.

20200525_151908.jpg

VERY COOL

16 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Loved it Mr banjo.

Can see Dale and Roy singing it!!

Thank you!  I record them then use them like Karaoke backing tracks to play live and sing.  Nothing fancy, just fun songs that the folks can sing along with.  I started playing some years ago in a community banjo band, now I'm one of the few players of this style banjo left that is not in a nursing home! (YIKES), so I needed to develop a solo act to carry on my volunteer work to make the old folks happy.  So, some old songs, nice harmonies and some corny jokes.... works every time!

• Like 1

Very nice Mr banjo, both the music you shared and your volunteer work.

7 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Trompe-l'œil

DW, I agree with cb, that is so cool!  And that you know how to execute it is even more so.  Going to try to find a way to see something similar here in Virginia USA.  If not, when is travel to UK and Ireland going to open up?