Lift & Shift on New Reservations

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You are not going to be stuck with it, because that cruise is not going to sail anyway? It's a July 2020 cruise, worse case you get your payment back when they cancel in July

True but I wouldn’t want to go through that hassle unless I could move it. Hopefully people will be able to continue to move the sailings. I figured Royal would make an announcement today since they are at 30 days to resume sailings. Just don’t see that happening 

8 minutes ago, bbinz said:

True but I wouldn’t want to go through that hassle unless I could move it. Hopefully people will be able to continue to move the sailings. I figured Royal would make an announcement today since they are at 30 days to resume sailings. Just don’t see that happening 

I don't know about your area, but last 2 months I have had nothing but time and don't see alot of changes going on in the months ahead either.......and one of them is cruises, not happening!

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't know about your area, but last 2 months I have had nothing but time and don't see alot of changes going on in the months ahead either.......and one of them is cruises, not happening!

Agree, understand many wont take chance,  but if my Ships sail in Nov, Dec, and many after I'll be on them... Unfortunately after $4000+ reductions on my Nov2020-Nov2021 over last 5+ weeks looks like prices in 2021 are starting move back up some. Half are lower then what I booked them at...

Edited by ONECRUISER

23 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, understand many wont take chance but my Ships sail in Nov, Dec, and many after I'll be on them... Unfortunately after $4000+ reductions on my Nov2020-Nov2021 over last 5+ weeks looks like prices in 2021 are starting move back up some. Half are lower then what I booked them at...

Hope they are sailing by then but I woudn't bet on it. Not at the rate things are at now.

You are also different then most people because you were in the military, You walk outside and see the sky is falling, most people would run back inside but you think okay now lets get something together and make that sky stay up there and carry on with life.

Thank you for your service!

Saw this quote on another thread somewhere, this about sums it up. Just makes you wonder what the next 6 to 12 months look like?

"WOW!  January, business as usual.  February, Houston we have a problem!  March, OMG the world is ending!  April, now what the hell do we do?  May, lets start throwing things at the wall and see what sticks."

Edited by Jimbo

I'm the OP.  I haven't called back yet.  I figured I will wait a bit so it doesn't seem like it's such a "new booking".  I have 3 weeks til final payment for a refund on my deposit if I can't shift.  I'll let you know what happens.  

• Thanks 1

It does depend on who you get on the phone.  I had one that I booked early Monday morning directly with Royal for July on Oasis planning on moving to June next year; so we can take our granddaughter.  Very limited on when we could get her.  I saw others were having luck moving same day; so I thought ok.  I gave it a try Monday night.  They said you just did booked it, and this one would not be eligible.  I asked how long I would have to wait, and she said said I would not be able to move it.  SO I cancelled.  Yes I know I have to wait for a refund; but last night I booked with the travel agent I usually use big box store.  They have always been wonderful.  My husband called today while I was at the dentist and the cruise ship rep told the travel agent you had to wait 72 hours.  I decided to call back after work tonight.  New strategy.  I opted to lift and shift my November Allure trans atlantic cruise (booked the day it went on sale) also.  I had them do that one first, and then the Oasis.  Not a problem.  Everything worked perfectly, other than waiting for my refund from the one I cancelled.  It actually worked out better.  I am getting a soda package for 2, Johnny Rockets for 4, Chops or the Italian restaurant for 4, store $ card, and a spa treatment included, That was a surprise when I saw the invoice.  I just wish they could give everybody the same answer.  It pays to keep calling.  I was just concerned my July cruise will be in the next round of cancellations, and I would not be able to do this.  

2 hours ago, irzero said:

Sounds like abusing the system..

Or a good way for royal to get a load of bookings for 2021 and cash flow in to the system. 

In theory you can get much cheaper Harmony cruise next year by buying Allure this year.

Not at all. If they did not want folks doing this they would have made the policy only applicable to bookings made PRIOR to May 6.  Their policy is any booking made before August 1 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 7:58 PM, Saab4444 said:

Sorry but it is still a shame how many misuse this good option now and show off with their saving due to shifted fake bookings. Royal's agents should not be bothered with all this calls to close such deals but focus on the people who are really not able to travel as planned and still waiting for help, solutions and refunds.

It's RC's offer.  They wrote it!

Do you not think that possibly they put it there on purpose?

Lots of people booking lots of cruises at a fair price for 2021 might sound like misuse to you but it sounds like good business sense to me and hell of a good way to increase bookings/cash flow.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, oddmartinsn said:

Im trying to book june out of BCN, in order to lift and shift to next june. Obviously, with an two month old infant, we can not book, but would it work to book without infant, and add it later on?

Don't do that.  Just book with a different birthday and change it after the Lift and Shift.

30 minutes ago, irzero said:

Im pretty sure its so people booking 2020 cruises can move them if they need to due to corona virus.

Not so people can book the next cruise on cheap rates and then move it to 2021 at a discount. 

I'm pretty sure that people worried about cruising with the virus are not going to make new  bookings starting May 6th when this was announced and ending August 1st when L&S ends😇  Like I said before if they wanted to price protect those that already had bookings they would not have had the August 1 book by date in the terms.  They want a cash flow

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, irzero said:

Im pretty sure its so people booking 2020 cruises can move them if they need to due to corona virus.

Not so people can book the next cruise on cheap rates and then move it to 2021 at a discount. 

this is wrong, lift and shift was designed EXACTLY to do this, so that cash would flow into the company (because income had stalled)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

this is wrong, lift and shift was designed EXACTLY to do this, so that cash would flow into the company (because income had stalled)

I also don’t see the issue. If you book a cruise with 90 days of sailing you are paying in full so Royal gets cash flow if you move it to 2021. I did this for our June cruise and paid to upgrade to a suite. Royal gets a paid up suite in full now and I get $3,000 of savings off 2021 pricing. It’s a win win for both parties 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oddmartinsn said:

Im trying to book june out of BCN, in order to lift and shift to next june. Obviously, with an two month old infant, we can not book, but would it work to book without infant, and add it later on?

If I understand your question correctly, you  are questioning how you can book now with a current two month old. If that’s the case, you can book with the infant now with the child’s birthdate. The system will book now based on the infant’s age at the time of sailing. I’ve done this before.

Just out of curiosity, if I booked a 7 day cruise out for Miami for October 2020, can I use lift and shift to move that cruise to a 7 day cruise out of New Jersey instead? Just trying to understand what you can and cannot do with lift and shift. I understand you can lift and shift to a different ship, but what about a different departure port?

They aren't letting you for all sailings, I tried for an Alaska July 2020 to next July 2021 and it was a no go.  I can't blame them for that as it was advantages to me, but not them and they are doing these to keep people happy and themselves solvent, but not to ruin their already murky bottom line.

29 minutes ago, bearette said:

They aren't letting you for all sailings, I tried for an Alaska July 2020 to next July 2021 and it was a no go.  I can't blame them for that as it was advantages to me, but not them and they are doing these to keep people happy and themselves solvent, but not to ruin their already murky bottom line.

what was their reason?

7 hours ago, seabeew said:

If I understand your question correctly, you  are questioning how you can book now with a current two month old. If that’s the case, you can book with the infant now with the child’s birthdate. The system will book now based on the infant’s age at the time of sailing. I’ve done this before.

You couldnt do so over internett, the system gave a no-go because of the infant. It works if you call them, they make a note in their system

Edited by oddmartinsn

Has anyone tried to L&S on the same phone call where you are making a new reservation?  It's not like they don't know when you booked if you call 2 hours later.  Just wondering if it could all be done with one phone call

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2020 at 8:25 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm looking at booking Adventure ots 5 night to bermuda for june 2020 with suite guarantee price of 834 pp then switch to 2021 however the same ship class is not available may thru july.  Will this be a problem with the l&s program?

Yesterday I shifted my Bermuda cruise on Adventure of the Seas to Freedom of the Seas Aug 2020 to Aug 2021.  We had a good price for JS, they just shifted everything including the final payment date.  If RC sails and we decide we still want to go in Aug 2020 I will just call and use my annual Prime cruise for 2019/2020 that was reinstated. 

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone tried to L&S on the same phone call where you are making a new reservation?  It's not like they don't know when you booked if you call 2 hours later.  Just wondering if it could all be done with one phone call

I read on another thread (I think the very large "enhanced" topic) that someone did just that.  I did one L&S about 40 hours after booking.

3 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I read on another thread (I think the very large "enhanced" topic) that someone did just that.  I did one L&S about 40 hours after booking.

I did one last week and was told that I had to wait 24 hours to shift it.  I know that is no longer the case.  Just thought since it's no secret what people are doing it would be easier to take care of it in one phone call

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I did one last week and was told that I had to wait 24 hours to shift it.  I know that is no longer the case.  Just thought since it's no secret what people are doing it would be easier to take care of it in one phone call

This person lucked out I guess.

#787 in the big thread:

"I booked the August 2020 cruise this morning with the intention to eventually Lift and Shift.

The absolutely wonderful CSR suggested we just go ahead and try to lift and shift right away since the cruises were already showing up in her system. She was able to lift and shift it less than 2 hours after I booked it, no having to wait 24 hours."

WW

Hi,My sister is thinking of booking a cruise on Explorer 23/08/20 and shifting to Harmony July or Aug 2021.

Don't think she's convinced it is OK. I told her it didn't have to be booked before May 6th.

Is it right she will only pay deposit if she changes before the final payment is due.

I've posted on another topic hoping for a quick response.TIA.