Too many refund topics

geckoaz

When covid arrived and cruises were cancelled, the boards were joined. But now there are daily new topics on refunds. Why not combine.  I dont read cc because it is the carnival complaint department on refunds. I know folks need a place to vent but one is enough. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

When covid arrived and cruises were cancelled, the boards were joined. But now there are daily new topics on refunds. Why not combine.  I dont read cc because it is the carnival complaint department on refunds. I know folks need a place to vent but one is enough. 

I agree. 

This thread 

seems to have a lot of people posting the status of their refunds rather than just complaining about it (although at the beginning there was probably a fair amount of that going on). I'd start at the end and work backwards looking for refund info. 

• Like 1

I come from a different perspective because there are different aspects.  Refunds to credit cards, to gift cards, disputing charges, getting FCC applied, cancelling a cruise booked with FCC, etc.

It irritates me when they all get merged into one huge thread .

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, crusinpsychRN said:

"It irritates me when they all get merged into one huge thread ."  Me too.

Not me, people just don’t feel like taking the time to read all the other threads and posts with the same questions and answers they have that have been addressed. They don’t want to use the search function neither ...... 99.5% of refund issues have been beaten to death. Too many refund questions.  Can’t wait to see the next 500 “why are refunds taking so long?” Threads as the next rounds of cruise cancellations come in ......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

This thread 

seems to have a lot of people posting the status of their refunds rather than just complaining about it (although at the beginning there was probably a fair amount of that going on). I'd start at the end and work backwards looking for refund info. 

This above thread has numerous smaller threads merged into it. I go through regularly to try to merge general threads on refunds into this as well as merging questions re FCC and OBC into that larger thread. Try to strike a balance between merging general topics but leaving some with more specific questions and situations. Can't please all the people all of the time so try for a simple majority part of the time. 

Been hosting here since late 1990s and this has always been challenging keeping threads sorted out!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

Can't please all the people all of the time so try for a simple majority part of the time. 

One of my old sayings was you can’t please

all the people all the time but with little effort you can piss everyone off.

To stay on topic & hopefully keep my account active: I like different perspectives of the refund situation.  Refunds paid thru normal course with timelines, disputes thru cc companies, PVP/TA intervention, gift cards...  My popcorn bucket is always ready.  

Just turn off the politics & thinly veiled political insults.  No one really wins or influences in those situations.  And much more is at stake in the end than a vacation.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Carolyn said:

This above thread has numerous smaller threads merged into it. I go through regularly to try to merge general threads on refunds into this as well as merging questions re FCC and OBC into that larger thread. Try to strike a balance between merging general topics but leaving some with more specific questions and situations. Can't please all the people all of the time so try for a simple majority part of the time. 

Been hosting here since late 1990s and this has always been challenging keeping threads sorted out!

I was going to post something along the lines of there is a fine balance between merging threads and having smaller threads. Thank you for your work.

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

As much as I hate merged threads, I say put this topic all into one thread. I'd also be fine with even deleting them.

I think the various threads about cancelled cruises are important.  Carnival has chosen to cancel cruises in groups by date.  A person whose July cruise was recently cancelled shouldn't have to read a multi-paged thread from March, looking for guidance which may or may not still be applicable.

Cruises booked before certain dates and after certain dates have some differences in terms and conditions offered.

I find a never ending, outdated thread merged over months of cancellations is like a pot of stew made on clean out the refrigerator day.  It is confusing and unhelpful.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, geckoaz said:

So you've started another one!

• Like 2

I approach every thread by reading the title. That gives me an idea of what the thread is about. With that information I’m able to decide whether I want to select and read or just simply skip to the next thread. Works every time and is a great practice for all forums not just CruiseCritic.

Edited by bamaone
Spelling
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bamaone said:

I approach every thread by reading the title. That gives me an idea of what the thread is about. With that information I’m able to decide whether I want to select and read or just simply skip to the next thread. Works every time and is a great practice for all forums not just CruiseCritic.

And with the new format on Cruise Critic (I probably shouldn't call it new anymore) one can also hover the cursor of the thread title and a preview of the original post will pop up so you can have more info before even opening the thread.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

And with the new format on Cruise Critic (I probably shouldn't call it new anymore) one can also hover the cursor of the thread title and a preview of the original post will pop up so you can have more info before even opening the thread.

That probably is the one best thing they did with the "new" format.

• Like 1