Juneau Harbor Webcam

22 hours ago, Himself said:

I am glad I am not in Juneau these days

You and I are not true Alaskans.  Those good people consider this as just a "part of life", I suspect.  Our turn will come soon enough for such weather and scenes.  

20 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Snow on the mountains above Juneau was gorgeous today.

I agree!  I love the beauty of snow when I look out my window.  Don't like it so much when the time comes to get the car cleaned off and I have to drive in such wintery conditions.  

I have been checking the Juneau web cam almost every day since March.  I started also checking the Key West cam almost daily around their sunset.  The web cam stays focused on the sun going down for awhile.  I have seen some gorgeous sunsets this summer in Key West......helps with my cabin fever!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

The Juneau Harbor is clear, the snow is melting, and there is a large landing craft called BOWHEAD which has arrived after its journey from Hoonah, now docked with trucks and construction equipment  aboard.  We have seen a lot of machinery in Hoonah recently as they have been building a large structure in view of the snowcloud webcam.  There have also been construction equipment on the hill above Hoonah in snowclouds view.   Now we see  how trucks and machinery move from port to port.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Himself said:

The APEX is back at Ft. Lauderdale today.  Light is just happening in Juneau.

A few bears are having post-Thanksgiving fish breakfast at the water fall.  When do they go into Hibernation for the winter?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Himself said:

A few bears are having post-Thanksgiving fish breakfast at the water fall.  When do they go into Hibernation for the winter?

There's a big one on the web cam right now.  Along with a couple of what appears to be young bears playing.  Then, there were two bears at the top of the Falls and in within seconds of each other, they both caught a fish as the fish leaped up the Falls.  One was successful in keeping his/hers; the other one didn't have a firm grasp of the fish and lost it.  The bear returned to the top of the Falls, got to close to the edge and reached out to get another fish.  Missed and the bear fell down the Falls to the pool below.  Such an entertaining web site!

I wonder what the fish are that they are catching.  Still Salmon?  

9 hours ago, Himself said:

I think you might be correct!

I was wondering if they not be a repeat.  No snow visible and I know that that Alaska has had some.  (My Anchorage residing Nephew and his family have been sledding for some time.)  Regardless, the repeated videos are entertaining.